My PaPa is 95

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

LibB

My PaPa is 95

Post by LibB » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:12 am

Hi everyone, I wasn't sure where to post this and I need a hug seemed to be saying me me me. I went out yesterday to take photos of my Nanna and PaPa's house as it has been sold and I've been told it is going to be pulled down. It's unfortunate that my Mum and her siblings haven't taken Pa to say good bye to his house. He was taken to hospital, then rehabilitation, then the Old peoples home where he lives now, then he had another stroke and was in hospital. While he was there he got various infections and had to go back to rehabilitation, then back to where he lives now. All this has happened since about February. Not once while they were cleaning all of Pa's things and selling his house have they taken him to see his house. I kept telling my Mum (his eldest daughter) to take him there, but she hasn't.
On my way to my Pa's house I realized my Dad was going to be watching his  Baseball match, so I decided to go and see him and say hi on my way to visit PaPa. As it was Dad was Playing his first game of baseball after he has had all his operations, so I stayed and watched the whole game. I left there about 5.30pm and went to see PaPa, hoping I wasn't too late to visit. As it was he was quite happy to see me as he can usually tell me anything that is upsetting him, which of course was that he wasn't taken home to say goodbye. He then asked me how I was and I said to tell you the truth and be completely honest with you Pa, I'm feeling a bit the same way. I finding it really hard because I sometimes wish I wasn't a Mum not because I don't love my children but if I hadn't had my children I would be able to visit you every day and look after you properly. I love my children and have to look after them. So I said to Pa I would come and visit him every week and if not then it would only be 2 weeks. I am to make an effort to visit him. He really is 95 years old.
He is also going to a church service today, I think he's still going. While I was there he received a phone call and was invited to a party. I wasn't sure what was going on in the telephone call. So I said to Pa "Life is to be lived and to be happy, you can't expect to be stuck in your room all the time. If you want to go out then go out." he said he wanted to and it is a good friends birthday. So all last night I've been dreaming about whether I have done the right thing. I suppose I did, I gave my Pa the right to have some independence and now I'm hoping he will not be too worn out from this event. I know I have my Mum's anger and upset to look forward to as she has invited Pa out and he has refused the invitation on a few occasions . I am now going to have to tell Mum that he feels like he can't go anywhere cause he has refused her invitations. Is this unfair?

So I'd like some big cuddles and I'd also like some big cuddles to send to my PaPa. Maybe hugs for my Dad too.

Delphina

Post by Delphina » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:03 am

You need

{{{{{{{{{{{{{DOUBLE HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}

AND

{{{{{{{{{{DOUBLE KISSES }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

AND

{{{{{{{{ A BIG SMILE}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Delphina

Evie

Post by Evie » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:15 am

Hi LibB

(((( h u g s ))))

You really are special...  :smt003 You are doing the right thing,
..... sticking up for your Grandpa and looking after his
*wants. You will never regret it.  A lasting gift for your
PaPa.

Your mother will get over  her disappointments ((( kiss kiss)))

((((HUGS))))    For everyone

P E A C E
Evie

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:04 am

And I hurry and gives my Bear hug to you all.

Yes it's very important that you do what you feel is right. Your Grandpa is in such age that you never know if he is there tomorrow (goes for all of us), but if you know you did what you wanted...then you will have no regret just a calm feeling when it happen...and the sorrow.
A very good hug to you LIbB, and yes you are a special kind woman...and I am so glad that this site has collected quiet a few of your kind...a Grand grandpa hug to you all!

LibB

Post by LibB » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:34 am

Hi everyone thankyou for your hugs, they are much appreciated. I found that I could have made a mistake. I wrote this post and my son Brett, 5 asked to ring Nanna. After having all these concerns about pa, I didn't hesitate and called Nanna's (my Mum) phone and handed the phone to Brett. He gave the phone to me saying "It's an Emergency". I took the phone and said "hi" to Mum saying a quiet hi. I asked her if she was OK and she said "Pa's in hospital, they've taken him in an ambulance, he's had another turn. My Pa has been fainting and becoming unconscious at the drop of a hat every now and then. So I told Mum I would be straight over to the Hospital. I won't put the full details as it is a long story. I've been at the Hospital from 1pm till 7pm. Mum and her sisters were there and all looked exhausted. I offered to take the shift to look after Pa. So Pa and I were in the hallway (him on his stretcher) from 4.15 until 7pm when the ambulance finally arrived to take him back to where he is staying at the moment. My Pa is weak and fragile. I hadn't realized how much so. Anyway I got home at 7.40pm and have put my boys to bed (they are still awake).
The funny thing about today is My Mum at no point said the word emergency to Brett, he said that by himself.
Anyway that's my day and why I haven't been in to say hi.

Thankyou all once again for all your hugs.
Lot's of hugs and Bear hugs to all.

Libby

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:02 pm

hi LibB.  Just a wee note to say i am thinking about you and i hope you get your hug from me soon.

Suzi XXX
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

lunarcraft

Big Hug

Post by lunarcraft » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi Libby,

I am sending you one of my HUGE hugs - hope it helps a little bit.  I am also sending one for your Papa.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:12 am

I wish your papa will be alive for more hundred years.
symulhaqu07eee

Return to “The Hug Exchange”