HUGS needed for those with FM-ME

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Creativelady

HUGS needed for those with FM-ME

Post by Creativelady » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:35 pm

There are many health maladies out there which are called "invisible disabilties".  They are listed this way because one cannot look at another and tell that something is wrong with them, and thus, the "ill person" gets unfairly judged and made fun of.

One of the largest health maladies that fits this picture is called Fibromyalgia and M.E. which stands for Myalgic Encephalamities and also more recently accepted Myalgic Encephalopathy, or the street name Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

The people who get this are children through to Seniors.  Mostly women aged 25-65 and a small percentage of men.  There are many many websites in the USA and certain ones in CANADA which are very good with details, education, information on research etc.  For the men who get this there is a wonderful website called www.menwithfibro.com.

There are now about 15 Million people in the USA and 1.5 Million and growing each year by 30,000 in CANADA with this health malady which turns into a disabling condition removing one from work and a lot of life's activities.  

These people (that includes me, that's how I can write this) live with lots of body pain which is in certain areas like back, lower back, hips, knees, ankles and yet travels as well and also a fatigue which just never seems to go away.  As I've stated, this affects people in different levels and the levels can change into a "worseness" which then takes people from their jobs and activities of life.  

Because of this, a lot of us end up stuck at home and not able to go out very often.  We make plans and then have to change those plans, because we get affected with pain or fatigue which makes it impossible to do what we had hoped to do.

All of us with this need HUGS and UNDERSTANDING and HELP.
Please look this up and find out which organizations exist in your area;  some have websites and some do not.  When you find an organization, please, please reach out and do what you can to help the organization and the people in it.

Many are Researching this and currently, there is no actual known reason for this except that they say those of us whom have been raised with lots of abuse or suffered lots of abuse, those whom have gone through a car accident are the types who end up getting this.  They also lump us together with those whom have returned from war with PTSD.  A lot of us end up with other health problems along with it like IBS, PTSD, Lupus, etc. etc.  WE all are praying for a reason and a cure!  The thing that is the mind blower is that this health malady started in the 1800's and it took the medical community 170 some years before they would even recognize it as a bona fide health malady.  The main problem is that even tho that has gone through, many doctors still do not believe in it and give those coming to them a very hard time and cause them even worse depression that what they ever had before.  HUGS, HUGS, HUGS please.

Evie

Post by Evie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:11 pm

HELLO  To Creativelady :smt006

Here are some gentle, but BIG  

(((HUGs)))   (((HUGs)))   (((HUGs)))

If it isn't bad enough that you are feeling sickly... and then to be told
it is all in your head has to be the worst feeling!!!!

Bless you for speaking up .... ((((  H U G  ))))
P E A C E
Evie     :smt109

lunarcraft

Big Hug

Post by lunarcraft » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:24 pm

I am sending you one of my HUGE hugs - hope it helps.  My daughter has ME - it started when she was 15 and is still evident, although not so bad now as she has found techniques to cope.  However, it caused her to miss her last senior year and has interferred with her education beyond school.

It is so unfair that these sufferers are so poorly understood and supported.  This applies to other so-called "hidden" disabilities/illnesses - another one is dyslexia, but that is another discussion entirely.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

HealerDave

Post by HealerDave » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi creativelady,

Now I do not know what your thoughts are on healing, be it Spiritual or Reiki Healing, to mention just two, I do both, but it doesn't really matter as all the energy comes from the same source. There are many reports of ME etc responding very well to healing so please try to locate a reputable healer near to you, there must be one in Penticton BC, he or she may be able to help.

I have already sent you absent, or distant healing particularly for the pain, (along with a big hug for good measure). More healing will be sent to you if you wish to receive it.

Love & Light

David

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:49 pm

And I give my Grandpa hugs to you all....must science do much progress...there are so many who need help,,,and we feel so small and helpless in many situations.
All best wishes and healing thoughts to you all.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:39 pm

A hug to you.  ME is still not recognised as an illness in this country.  It was called yuppie flu for many years and most GP's i know still are reluctant to diagnose this malady.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Thank you for the suggestions dear. It will help me.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”