I'm always asking myself "Why me?"

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kellysa111

I'm always asking myself "Why me?"

Post by kellysa111 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:54 am

Lately I've been feeling very depressed, but I don't let it show at work. I'm usually the one that breaks out into songs at random times and just plays around while working at the same time.

But, ever since I started liking this one guy at work, I've been thinking about how I'm the only one of my friends that hasn't found a true love. My best friends are either married, getting married, or have children on the way. I thought that maybe the guy I liked would at least be my first boyfriend, but its a no go. Especially considering the fact that he had a recent break up with a long time girlfriend. Which, now, as far as I know, they are back together. (Me, being the facebook stalker, saw that she had her relationship status as 'engaged to___'). He also said that he had a bad past and would only consider me as a friend.

Why do I always fall for the ones that have no interest in me or already have a girlfriend? I cry sometimes thinking that I'll never find the one for me.

But, I don't think it would have worked out anyway, he's a capricorn and I'm a libra.

Eduic

Hi

Post by Eduic » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:27 am

It is likely a subconscious attraction to a male that is taken, where if another woman is interested in him, then he must be a good catch and whilst that maybe true, be open minded to single people, it's like undiscovered talent, there are good and eligible single people out there, if you adjust your focus, you maybe pleasantly surprised :)

Also, being 21, there isn't a real pressure to settle down and be married by such an age, you're young, take the pressure off yourself and go with the flow, things will come. I wish you love and light :)

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:01 am

Kelly
You may also consider yourself lucky..
out of the friends who are married now some will be divorced sooner than later.
You also have complete freedom and answer to no one in the choice you make.
You can still make choices and not have to consider someone else's needs and wants..

You are at a place in your life you are still developing new interests and ideas.. committing to someone too soon often finds friction in a relationship as your ideals change unless theirs are completely in synch with yours..

look at it this way.. for every great looking seemingly great catch of a guy out there theres a woman wishing she saw the other side of him before making a commitment.

Perhaps it isnt the guy you want so much when you fall for the one already taken, but the ideal of what he seems to represent,  you put a face to it, and think its him.. when its not him but what he represents in your ideals.

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:50 am

here's a hug for you. Happy New Year.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

krystalkl

Post by krystalkl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:45 pm

Wanted to send a big hug your way :)

mrkiii

Post by mrkiii » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:24 am

I'd like to second stormgirl's closing point, there... you are very young, and inexperienced with relationships. You're still learning how to get to know another person. The kinds of hopes and expectations you are projecting onto those you meet, those are thoughts that shouldn't even be an issue until WELL down the road into a relationship.
You are unique. Your partner, when you find each other, will be unique also. And yes, I remember the sense of urgency you describe, but you just have to trust us on this: at 21, you are NOT falling behind in some sort of relationship horse race. To my experience, most people at 21 aren't really ready yet to fully understand a real relationship. This is your life, not some movie. Don't view each person like a casting director: say hello and see what happens, without expectation.
What is real will blossom. Just keep your heart open.

With much affection.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”