Part One - The Major Arcana - 0

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

cnrday

Further Reflection on The Fool

Post by cnrday » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:09 am

Looking closer at The Fool I think of ignorance is bliss, no guts no glory, unbiased opinion, taking risks without thinking about the consequences, and taking the road less traveled.

cnrday

Feelings on The Fool

Post by cnrday » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:14 am

What kind of emotions does the card bring to you?  Is it a good card to have in a reading?

To answer this question, I like this card it is a happy optimistic card. The future is not decided and many things can happen along the way. I think that it is a good card to have in a reading. This card also sets the tone for not being foolhardy when making decisions, and to look at all the things concerning decisions. Innocence is nice, but can also hurt you.

spike

Post by spike » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:28 pm

I used to think the fool was a bad card (you see I'm the  type of person who likes to plan things out)  I never really took note of the sunny sky or the stars on his vest,  I guess sometimes you do have to take a leap of faith,  the other cards will tell if it was a wise decision or not.  The dog seems to be caught up in his folly, the dog seems as unaware of the danger as the fool

I agree with the one who said that the white flower represents innocence, someone who is just starting out in life, on their new journey. The white dog, his faithful companion by his side and what provisions he needs in a sack (is that a symbol on the sack?)

emoshin

Post by emoshin » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:12 pm

Still hanging with my Thoth buddies here. I see the fool in this deck as trying to embrace everything, but not really grasping anything. The way he's depicted here, he appears to be leaving himself wide open and vulnerable. But he doesn't seem to know or care. For someone like me, that seems dangerous, but I can also imagine for a less guarded person to see this as joyful openness to new possibilities. Like an empty vessel waiting to be filled.

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 4:36 am

I feel butterflies in my stomach thinking about the new journey the fool gets to travel! There is innocence, but with so much yellow in the card, I feel the fool has good self esteem and believes in him/herself. The dog guides the fool to safety. The fool should have alot of fun!

MysticCrystal

George

Post by George » Sun May 06, 2007 1:40 pm

mysticcrystal wrote:I feel butterflies in my stomach thinking about the new journey the fool gets to travel! There is innocence, but with so much yellow in the card, I feel the fool has good self esteem and believes in him/herself. The dog guides the fool to safety. The fool should have alot of fun!

MysticCrystal
i just got done reading all your post for the minor part of our lessons and found some great intresting things to grasp onto.  Glad to see you jump in with both feet!  As Gem has said you should continue with the Majors and continue with your path with The High Priestess.  I would for one love to read your insight on them because you say you have 13 years of experience thats invalueble for beginners like me and others to read your opioions on the cards especially because they are the Majors.  

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 4:55 pm

Thank you, how very sweet, George. Hope I don't dissappoint. I love working the tarot, especially from a psychology- self help point of view.  Thank you for making me feel so welcome.

MysticCrystal

teresassmad

Post by teresassmad » Thu May 17, 2007 3:05 am

Does it seem to anyone else that he is looking heavenward with his arms wide open as tho to embrace some spiritual unseen path? And maybe the dog is a kind of spiritual guide with the white signifying purity?

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 17, 2007 10:15 am

Lovely interpretation :)

George

Post by George » Thu May 17, 2007 8:59 pm

teresassmad wrote:Does it seem to anyone else that he is looking heavenward with his arms wide open as tho to embrace some spiritual unseen path? And maybe the dog is a kind of spiritual guide with the white signifying purity?
i love the dog as a spiritual guide!  :smt004

and you know dog spelled backwards is   :smt020  

ttyl
george :smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

dreamfairy

the fool

Post by dreamfairy » Tue May 22, 2007 7:16 pm

Looking at The Fool I felt he looks fresh and innocent and is at the beginning of a journey.  He is willing to take chances (walking towards the edge of the cliff).  He has courage to walk his own path.  He may be avoiding responsibility for his actions, or running away from situations involving depth or committment (choosing the lifestyle of a vagabond).  He relies on his instincts to protect him from any danger (dog barking at his side). Sun, zest for life (prominence of the colour yellow).
Peace & Light.

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sun May 27, 2007 11:11 am

Taking risks, carefree attitude, perhaps a little niave in his approcah, therfore does not listen to others advice - hence the dog there warning him.  I think the feeling of this card is quite positve, it suggests to me the power to start new things, but perhaps reminding us to not walk around with our heads in the clouds and being aware of what is going on around us.

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon May 28, 2007 4:36 pm

weezerwall

The Fool

Post by weezerwall » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:55 am

A brilliant, sunny day. A young man standing on the edge of a cliff - the roar of the ocean at his feet.  Dancer,  poet, minstrel, jester, vagabond in colorful dress on his way to a never-ending costume ball? His graceful hands delicately holding a white flower - a peace offering, symbol of goodwill - subtle in comparison to the red feather in his cap which seems to announce his arrival.  His pack is simple and light - he won't need much for his trip to the ball - just a leap over the cliff.  His head held high, his eyes lost in dreamy yearnings.  His companion, (the dog) smells his distraction and becomes frisky and playful to get the young man's attention.  

Weezer  :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:37 pm

Lovely thanks weezerwall :)

Return to “Tarot Homework”