Gem's Tarot Classes - Sign Up & Learn

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

moonlady

how to join?

Post by moonlady » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:05 am

hello...is there too late to join too? Also i am v. low tech when it comes to the board forum..so could anyone kindly suggest me what i should do, please? Thank u.

George

Post by George » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:43 am

FSoto wrote:hello Is it to late to enroll in the class? I would love to find out more about it! I have a RW deck and even though i know a little bit, i would like to know more about this more confidently.
goodbye. :smt006
its never too late!  Gem, our instructor, will be around soon to take your name and add it to the list of students.  

this is a link to the Way Map, which tells you in order the list of lessons and such.  take a look around and get a feel for things then start your lessons.  

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=33764

good luck and can't wait to start reading your post!  

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

mom2ericha60

is it true...

Post by mom2ericha60 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:21 pm

that no one else should touch the cards??? I am in a freecycle group and I can't really afford to go buy a set of cards. My daughter decided to grab my cards when she was younger and spilled them all over, and also ripped them all up!!!!! Where could I get a REALLY cheap set for the time being till I can get some money to get a better set????
Linda

George

Re: is it true...

Post by George » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:01 pm

mom2ericha60 wrote:that no one else should touch the cards??? I am in a freecycle group and I can't really afford to go buy a set of cards. My daughter decided to grab my cards when she was younger and spilled them all over, and also ripped them all up!!!!! Where could I get a REALLY cheap set for the time being till I can get some money to get a better set????
in a nutshell its not true although some believe it to be true.  i will let anyone touch my cards well, unless i feel that they are going to do harm or their hands are dirty!  :smt002   and some will not let you touch the cards at all.  thats always a big debate along Tarot readers.  it depends on what you feel comfortable with in all reality.  :smt003

I bought my deck for about 24.00 or something close that at a local store about 15 minutes away. i know bookstores like Borders have them.  i bought one deck there for 5.99 because it was on clearance.  although i didn't save much because i don't use the deck at all.
good luck in your search!

sharonlee

Post by sharonlee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:54 am

Buying decks... (I can see my friends all nodding, here she goes...) I use eBay for my decks (and crystals, and my new dowsing rods - pretty much everything is on eBay). My new Rider-Waite came in a set with the Pictoral Guide and I think it was around $24 with shipping; it was going to be close to that to have it ordered from one of my local bookstores. My vampire tarot was $17 with shipping. Both of these decks were brand new. If I'd felt like clearing them, I could have saved even more by buying a deck that wasn't listed new. I just searched the site for "tarot". (If you go to eBay, I recommend only buying from sellers who use PayPal - they never see your financial information and I've never had a problem with an item that PayPal didn't take care of) Blessings, Sharon
All reality is perceived; do with it what you will.

George

Re: how to join?

Post by George » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:50 am

moonlady wrote:hello...is there too late to join too? Also i am v. low tech when it comes to the board forum..so could anyone kindly suggest me what i should do, please? Thank u.
never too late to join in on the fun!  welcome !  Gem is our instructor she should be along soon to take your name and say hello.

he is a link to The Way Map which well show you the list of lessons

click on it with your mouse and then you will be on your way

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=41842

if you have anymore questions just ask   :smt006

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:39 am

:) It is great to have you on call while Gem is away, George. Btw, do you know if she is all right? I am hoping she is just away on holiday, but there are so many people down with this violent virus...

To the rest of you, just post any doubts you may have and I will also do my best till Gem is back. Just seeing the preceding homework posted in each thread can give you a pretty good idea of what each exercise is about. All you have to do is post your exercises in the proper order (i.e. that of the Way Map) so that you do not miss any important bits.

Enjoy!  :)
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

TravellingChristy

Post by TravellingChristy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:21 am

I would love to jump in on the action :)  I just got my first deck today in the mail!  I cannot wait to learn how to read these things.

Thank you!!
Christy

George

Post by George » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:30 am

pirbid wrote::) It is great to have you on call while Gem is away, George. Btw, do you know if she is all right? I am hoping she is just away on holiday, but there are so many people down with this violent virus...

To the rest of you, just post any doubts you may have and I will also do my best till Gem is back. Just seeing the preceding homework posted in each thread can give you a pretty good idea of what each exercise is about. All you have to do is post your exercises in the proper order (i.e. that of the Way Map) so that you do not miss any important bits.

Enjoy!  :)
not sure where she is or if she is sick!  the only time i talk to her is on the board here and it has been awhile.  can't say i'm official on call because i could never replace her or ask to do so.  i just try to be friendly and talk to people and say hi.  if i know something i point them in the right direction etc.

between the two of us i'm sure we can keep the new student going in the right direction.   :smt020

George

Post by George » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:37 am

TravellingChristy wrote:I would love to jump in on the action :)  I just got my first deck today in the mail!  I cannot wait to learn how to read these things.

Thank you!!
congratulations!  your on your way to a whole new world of fun and excitement.  :smt002

Gem, our instructor, as set up this Way Map to get new students on the right track by putting the lessons in order on one page.  Follow it in order and you can't go wrong.  :smt003

ddarrakgon

Post by ddarrakgon » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:40 pm

Ok I am new to the tarot even tho I have had a deck for some time now. I am wanting to join the class. I have had different experiences with the tarot. Online readings that

were limited and that. Also have looked into different things like runes and a few others.

I have the Aleister Crowley - "Thoth Tarot Deck" and I got this because it had more of a call to me than any of the otehr decks when I picked it out. Also if I were to look now

my pick would depend on what the store had in stock and what I was needing it for.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:43 pm

:) Welcome! As you will see if you follow Gem's Way Map to do the lessons in their proper order, she comments on the RW and then everybody chimes in with their own decks. People are welcome to post some of their cards in order to illustrate their explanations, if able.  :smt002
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Angelsway

classes

Post by Angelsway » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:10 pm

I haven't been able to get here in awhile I was trying to catch up on alot of loose ends and get a fresh start to the new year. When I was trying to figure out where to start the classes at I ran across the list of people who are signed up. It said if your names was not on the list to come here and sign up. I thought I was signed up I must have signed up in the wrong place before. So here I am.

I am looking forward to learning tarot and discussing the many different decks out there. I still have the decks RW, Zerner/Farber tarot deck, gypsy witch-fortune telling cards there is only 52 cards in this deck but has a joker card too, and the last ones just say tarot cards on top of box and AG MULLER = CIE   NEUHAUSEN AND RHEINFALL SWITZERLAND    

I want to do research on the last 2 decks they seem so different to me.

how long do I have to wait before I can start the classes? I am really excited to start them.

Thanks much
Though no-one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end...............~ Author Unknown ~

George

Re: classes

Post by George » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Angelsway wrote:I haven't been able to get here in awhile I was trying to catch up on alot of loose ends and get a fresh start to the new year. When I was trying to figure out where to start the classes at I ran across the list of people who are signed up. It said if your names was not on the list to come here and sign up. I thought I was signed up I must have signed up in the wrong place before. So here I am.

I am looking forward to learning tarot and discussing the many different decks out there. I still have the decks RW, Zerner/Farber tarot deck, gypsy witch-fortune telling cards there is only 52 cards in this deck but has a joker card too, and the last ones just say tarot cards on top of box and AG MULLER = CIE   NEUHAUSEN AND RHEINFALL SWITZERLAND    

I want to do research on the last 2 decks they seem so different to me.

how long do I have to wait before I can start the classes? I am really excited to start them.

Thanks much
Gem most likely has not added your name yet. i haven't seen her around in awhile. not too worry the lessons are posted and you work at your own pace.  just click on the link and start the lessons going in order.
Not every lessons will get feedback but don't worry about that you will find yourself learning anyway and thats the goal of the lessons.  

The Way Map

good luck!  

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi Everyone :)

Thanks to George (Lovely to see you again xxx)  and Pirbid for posting all that valuable information.

To all our new people, I have added you to the class list which is now up to 17 so far this year! I hope that you are all finding your way around now ?

Return to “Learn Tarot”