Gem's Tarot Classes - Sign Up & Learn

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

spike

Post by spike » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:40 am

Hi there, I recently joined this forum.

I have a RW deck and have done a few readings in the past but I need help understanding how the cards all come together.  I need pointers and a safe place where I can practice.  I think I'm in the right place :smt023

btw I also wanted to say thanks for putting all of this together, This is a great site.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:42 am

Lovely to meet you Spike and welcome to MB :)

Look forward to seeing your posts , if you need any help just yell!

Muriel Patrisha

Post by Muriel Patrisha » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:53 pm

Hello Gem,
I joined the MB in the last week and this course was recommended to me. Have looked around and I'd love to learn from you. Played around with the tarot many years ago but stopped after a tragedy. Have, over the past few years read for myself and others but use a number of books to clarify meanings, especially the gnostic meanings.

Would love to be able to just tune into the cards and read without any literature around. Have downloaded the software, it's how I found this site. I also have a much loved and handled R.W. deck. Have read thru the previous pages and have some idea of whats going on. Am passionate about western astrology and would love to be able to link the cards in.
My life is richer for having you in it!
May love, Light & Peace be with you always,
Muriel

Muriel Patrisha

Post by Muriel Patrisha » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:54 pm

A PS to that. Have read your blog and loved some of the pics and have copied them for my files. Muriel
My life is richer for having you in it!
May love, Light & Peace be with you always,
Muriel

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:14 pm

Thanks and Welcome Muriel :)

You will be able to link in so don't worry, its all a matter of confidence and understanding :)

Hope you enjoy the course .

fairywhisper

enrolling for tarot class

Post by fairywhisper » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:04 am

Hi Gem,
I look forward to start the lessons.  I am not really a new on tarot, but I have been reading all material I can find.  

fairywhisper

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:46 am

Hi Fairywhisper :) Welcome to Learn Tarot and MB... you will find others who are experienced readers on this course, we all still seem to enjoy it and learn even more each day :)  Which deck are you going to be using?

Don't forget to look at the course in order please  :) the way map is linked here http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=25681

emoshin

Post by emoshin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi,

My name is Andrea, and I'm a noobie. I just signed up for the forum yesterday, and expressed interest in learning how to read these cards I have here. I was pointed in the direction of this board, and well, here I am. The deck I will be using to learn is a Crowley Thoth, and apparently not exactly the same kind of cards as the Waite deck. I could go to a bookstore in town and pick one up though if it was necessary. I really am serious about learning this finally. I already downloaded the learn tarot software from the downloads section, that's actually how I found mystic boards to begin with.

So, where do I need to go from here, what do I do? (Confusion sets in already, hope I'm doing this right)

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:32 pm

Hi Andrea :)

Nice to meet you.  You can use your Thoth tarot because with the software and my posts you will be able to see the Rider Waite deck pictures that we are working from as our main source. It helps to use that deck to start with as the pictures are so clear and easy to interpret, this gives people confidence :)

The Universal Waite is a lovely deck that is a modern Rider Waite if you really want to buy another, or see how you get on with yours? You must have been drawn to it in the first place?

From here you need to go to the Way Map which I have linked here, http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=25681  any questions just yell and if you get lost no problems just post and ask :)

Petalawin

Class Dates

Post by Petalawin » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:18 pm

I was wondering when you will be starting classes.  I am VERY interested in learning, please let me know when you will be starting.

Thank You
Petalawin

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:26 pm

Hi, we have started, all the information is in the way map which I have linked here, http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=25681  

Look forward to reading your posts. Do you have a Rider Waite tarot deck you will be using? Or another?

weejaine

hi

Post by weejaine » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:53 pm

My name is Jaine and i would like to enroll i have the the Rider Waite  deck and also a begginer set

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:42 pm

Hi Jaine and welcome :)

LisaLisa

Happy to be Joining In on Tarot Classes

Post by LisaLisa » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:41 pm

Hi Gem,

I wanted to let you know that I have joined in on the lessons you have posted. I am enjoying the lessons, Tarot Software and especially like the reference table available on the site for the meanings of the cards.

I am amazed at the difference I feel now when I go through my own home learning with the cards and spreads. It is no longer just me, my tarot books and my Rider Waite tarot cards. I am no longer alone but belong to a vibrant online community.

I am profoundly grateful for these resources. Thanks!!!

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:23 pm

Thats great , thanks Lisa :)

Return to “Learn Tarot”