Gem's Tarot Classes - Sign Up & Learn

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Re: Signing up

Post by Gem » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:58 pm

Clare wrote:Hi my name is Clare and i just want to say the course is brilliant
Hi and Welcome Clare :) I was working this weekend so just catching up, enjoy the course :)

Gem

Re: Greetings

Post by Gem » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:59 pm

Drakesangel wrote:I'm fairly new to serious study of the tarot although I've dabbled off and on since I was a teenager.

I'm not quite sure if this class is still active because I'm not seeing many 2008 posts, but I'm going to assume that it is OK for me to just sign up and jump in.  Hopefully I'll get to know some of you that are still posting.

To whomever started this class, thank you!
:)

Tara
Hi Tara you are very welcome, the course is a rolling course, the lessons all posted, we are here to help just let us know :)  You might be interested to know you are student number 176!!!

jasminexly

Post by jasminexly » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:18 am

thx for u a lot!!~~~

love tarot very much
tarot is so magic

filtereyez

Post by filtereyez » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi Gem,

I am here to enroll in the class. I have 4 tarot specific decks in my possesion they are Thoth, Archeon, Necronomicon, and the Gilded decks. I dont have the Rider-Waite as of yet but I did download the MB Learn Tarot software. I really like the Gilded deck but will use the software if you think the Rider-Waite will better suit learning purposes. I am new to tarot and know very little and look forward to the lessons and any responses you may have for me.

Thank you,
~~ Filtereyez
And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.
~William Shakespeare

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:20 am

Hi Filtereyez,

I'm afraid that Gem doesn't work here anymore. I love the Necromicon, how do you find it? It's not an easy deck for beginners is it :)
posted with blessings from Avalon......

Sometimes faces need to be hidden so Truth can be seen

CassandraOh

Post by CassandraOh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:39 am

I have thought about learning tarot for a long time. But have only recently decided to really learn. I do have a Tarot Deck that was given to me as a gift by a friend of mine who found a deck she preferred. Eventually i do want to get a more traditional deck of my own but for now i'm using a "Tarot Nova" deck which looks like this, http://www.wasserfrau.com/Tarot_Nova.jpg

I know Gem doesn't work here anymore, but what i was wondering is, doesn't anyone have a nice deck to begin with or can someone point to one available online? thanks:)

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:48 am

I would try the Universal Waite Tarot or even the Original Rider Waite deck, they are clear and simple to read :) The nova is a fun deck but very individual .
posted with blessings from Avalon......

Sometimes faces need to be hidden so Truth can be seen

CassandraOh

Post by CassandraOh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:03 am

Lady of Avalon wrote:I would try the Universal Waite Tarot or even the Original Rider Waite deck, they are clear and simple to read :) The nova is a fun deck but very individual .
The Nova is definitely a fun deck, some of the illustrations i just adore, but i'm not sure the deck itself really connects with me or speaks to me. But i really do have a bit of an attachment to it hehe. I did a bit of a google search and i really liked the look of the Rider Waite Deck, If i can find a store that has it and if i feel a connection to the deck i might get that one:) thanks for your help:D

dheaven

Post by dheaven » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:16 pm

Ok i want on board but there is no boat anymore :\

Anyone that can get me a good lead/help?

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:03 pm

its ok the lessons are still here, you start here

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24380

If you get stuck let me know.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

crone

Would like to join the class

Post by crone » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:02 pm

I would like to join your class Thanks, Crone

dessa

Learning Tarot

Post by dessa » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:42 pm

While this was started in Feb 2007 I admit I haven't read through all the posts, what is involved in what some here have referred to as your class?

I do read cards have for years but really haven't read tarot cards for years, I use regular playing cards except that I only use 32 of them. It is something that my grandfather did, using regular playing cards I think it is based on a system from the 1930's.

I also use oracle decks, and rely heavily on intuition, mostly I just use intuition and the regular cards, actually only 32 of them and all 32 for every reading, which have worked well for the 30 plus years I have done readings, not sure why I stopped using the tarot deck though I never liked the Rider Waite deck, I did like the Aquarian Tarot, I have a several decks, I suppose I became a collector of them yet I tend to go back to using regular cards instead of the tarot. I would like to however understand the tarot better.

I look forward to reading some more of the posts on this thread and in other threads.

dessa

deelitefullyme

I'm in...

Post by deelitefullyme » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:37 pm

I will take the class.  This looks like what I need at this time in my Tarot journey.

Thanks for putting this together.
Dee.

lotusdew

Post by lotusdew » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:25 am

hello
i am already taking a tarot class at a local shop but i want to get more insight on reading the tarot i own fenestra deck but also the rider deck.
i'm a lil confused on what to do for these class
but can't wait to get started
....In search of treasure, para mi corazon...

crone

Class Enrollment

Post by crone » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:17 pm

I would like to be included in your study course.

Crone

Return to “Learn Tarot”