Audio Cd on Tarot

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

wraymond

Audio Cd on Tarot

Post by wraymond » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:08 am

Looking for a source of Audio Cd's on learing the tarot. referably using Waite's Cards.

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:02 pm

There  are quite a few 'learn tarot' cd's about, but to be honest they will only teach you to learn by memory and thats not the best way to read the cards. Try and spend a little time looking into the cards pictures and perhaps study them one by one, unless you need to have an audio learning mode in which case why not make your own and read from a book  or use your intuition to describe and record the cards that way?

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:36 pm

I think Gem is right about that.  The runes are similar to the tarot, and I tried to commit them to memory using the books, but I learned them when I picked them up and used them.  There's no substitute for use and reflection of the cards (or in my case, runes).  Ended up committing them to memory without even trying.
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:07 pm

There is one massive difference between runes and tarot cards lol..... tarot have pictures!!!  Heehee.  I do read runes too, but I use gemstone runes so a different gem with the rune carved onto it, that way I have a clue to as to the meaning.

Mind you, tarot decks differ, some are incredibly hard to read, some have a minor arcana with no pics just 5 wands or 6 cups and no hints! Arrrgh,

But I love tarot so can't fault it :)

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:12 pm

Gem wrote:There is one massive difference between runes and tarot cards lol..... tarot have pictures!!!  Heehee.  I do read runes too, but I use gemstone runes so a different gem with the rune carved onto it, that way I have a clue to as to the meaning.

Mind you, tarot decks differ, some are incredibly hard to read, some have a minor arcana with no pics just 5 wands or 6 cups and no hints! Arrrgh,

But I love tarot so can't fault it :)
Wouldn't tarot be easier to some degree because you have a picture to help visualize the meaning (I guess I am talking about the major arcana, not the minor).  For example, if I see the Hanged Man, I get an image right away (actually of Odin, whom some sources say is the inspiration of the Hanged Man).  Runes are like all minor arcana in a sense.  Just symbols and no pretty pictures.  If you look at my avatar (the rune Wunjo) there is no hint to its meaning.  Well, for the uninitiated at any rate...
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

neilcamp

Audio CD on Tarot

Post by neilcamp » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:00 pm

I have several books on Tarot tutoring. Some good. Some poor. But the most interesting one is called The 2-hour Tarot Tutor authored by Wilma Carroll. Her theme is very much allowing thoughts to come while handling and looking at the picture on each card, taking whatever comes into your mind and building on it. Practising handling and studying the pictures often seems to develop a kind of 'psychic' link. Trying to learn parrot fashion from someone else's expert interpretation is a no no with this authors method. The book is very good and certainly helped me a lot. This ties in with what Gem and Earl have said. I am not an expert by any means but just wanted to share the book with you.
A friend is one with whom you dare to be yourself.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:40 am

Hi Neil,

I love that book too :) Its very simple to understand and has a lovely way of giving hope that tarot can be learnt in 2 hours! Some of the stories at the back are pretty fantastic too especially the cards she pulled for the Gore Bush election lol. I wish more books would be written with such detail about other decks.

Return to “Learn Tarot”