Gem's Tarot Classes - Sign Up & Learn

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:19 pm

:) Hallo, Appy!

To see the other side of the cards you will have to look in each of the homework card threads. I managed to post a few today, but I will have to take it easy, since it's quite a chore to scan them, host each image and then post and comment them. But I believe it is worth it. It's so hard to see a whole deck before making the decision to buy it... :smt002
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Angel_TruthSeeker

Re: New decks!

Post by Angel_TruthSeeker » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:51 pm

pirbid wrote::)

The first is the Guilded, followed by the Llewellyn and finally the Universal. Which would you chose just from the look of the back design?  :smt017
I have been trying to learn the tarot for a few years...lol  I only had the Rider Waite deck and it just seemed very "flat" and I did not seem to get any "feeling" from them even though my readings for myself and family seemed to be pretty good.

Recently I decided to give it another try and bought the Gilded Tarot.  I am posting here because I found it interesting that you uploaded the back of the three cards.  I remember looking at the back of one of the cards before I bought them and thought..."Ahhhhh....how beautiful?"

These cards ignite my imagination and I just love the feel of them in my hands!  I am excited about this deck and believe I will finally get past my "tarot blocks" and be able to read intuitively.  I have not read my book either!

If I had not had the Gilded Tarot already...I believe I still would have chosen that card from the choices you posted:-)
Blessings,
AT
Attachments
Gypsy TarotPrincess Angel.gif
Gypsy TarotPrincess Angel.gif (62.39 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
Angel_TruthSeeker
Believe in miracles!

Angel_TruthSeeker

Signup

Post by Angel_TruthSeeker » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi Gem,

I wanted to signup for the class.  

I have two decks:
Rider-Waite
Gilded Tarot (Ciro Marchetti)

When I do the practice readings I will list if I am using the Rider Waite or the Gilded Tarot.

If I should only use ONE, please let me know.

I look forward to learning in this forum with some interaction and feedback.  I was trying to learn on my own, but....nothing "sticks".  It seems that I just cannot "remember" certain cards..lol

I am going to try harder :smt006

Love & Light
AT
Angel_TruthSeeker
Believe in miracles!

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:46 pm

:) The only way I know for the cards to speak to you loud and clear is practice and more practice. There comes a time when you know them by name: hear a card mentioned and you automatically picture the card and its meanings, although these vary a lot depending on position and other cards.

I am sure you will get along fast in the course, and taking it is good fun. Then you can practice on other members of the board.

Nice to meet you!  :smt002
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

emerging_butterfly

Post by emerging_butterfly » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:34 am

Hi Gem,

Can I sign up for the course please? I intend to use the illuminated tarot deck (Rider-Waite recoloured). I've done a different tarot course before so i'm not a complete newbie, but i'm really looking forward to getting started on this one - a change of perspective is always good! :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:28 pm

Welcome to Angel Truth Seeker and Emerging_butterfly, have fun :)

stillwalkn

Joining Tarot class

Post by stillwalkn » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:01 am

Hi. My name's Rose and I am here. I have a Rider Waite deck, but my favorite is the Intuitive Tarot by Cilla Conway. I'm happy to be here and expand my understanding. Thank you for the class.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:10 am

Hi Rose and welcome :)

beleever

Post by beleever » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:07 am

Hi Gem I am interested in joining your lessons also I am waiting for my Rider Waite Deck to arrive, coming by post but I do have a celestial tarot deck which I recently purchased, I don't know whether it is worth while starting just yet hopefully the deck will arrive this week and I can start then.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:51 am

Hi Beleever, its up to you, :) the cards are shown so you could start now or wiat :)  Have fun.

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:07 am

Hey I'd like to join you too...but I'm not really good at reading cards...
I have already tried and failed. I guess one more try couldn't harm!
I forgot to tell I've got no idea what deck I have...but it's the one it's used in major arcana(i've got only 22 cards...do I need all of them<78 I mean>???)
Thank you!

Callie

Post by Callie » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:57 am

Hi, I hope it's not to late to add another person on. I have always wanted to use tarot cards...

but have not because of not knowing someone that could answer when I know I'm gonna get stuck.

I do not own a deck as of yet, but will follow all of your advice. I was Tarot cards and Runes and need help

with both of them. &nbsp;I will be getting a deck very soon. &nbsp;Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Callie
When footsteps come within the night, and you're beset by doubt and fright, hold tight within that darkest hour, for to the Witch her fear is power
~David Norris~

neeraj2701

Hi

Post by neeraj2701 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Hi gem,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;I am also intrested to learn Tarrot reading. as a newbe Please guide me that from where to start??

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:02 pm

xaxaa wrote:Hey I'd like to join you too...but I'm not really good at reading cards...
I have already tried and failed. I guess one more try couldn't harm!
I forgot to tell I've got no idea what deck I have...but it's the one it's used in major arcana(i've got only 22 cards...do I need all of them<78 I mean>???)
Thank you!
Hi xaxaa, welcome,

If you have a majors only deck then obviously you will only be able to learn those, but are you sure you want to? You sound like you aren't really that enthusiastic or confident tat you can do it? And learning tarot really needs dedication and a full deck to follow the course, &nbsp;

Why not start on the 22 and see what you think. Or even better get a new deck of 78 :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Callie wrote:Hi, I hope it's not to late to add another person on. I have always wanted to use tarot cards...

but have not because of not knowing someone that could answer when I know I'm gonna get stuck.

I do not own a deck as of yet, but will follow all of your advice. I was Tarot cards and Runes and need help

with both of them.  I will be getting a deck very soon.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Callie
Welcome Callie,

What deck are you going to get then?

Return to “Learn Tarot”