Gem's Tarot Classes - Sign Up & Learn

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Bartmanhomer

Post by Bartmanhomer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:35 pm

Hello Gem.

farafina

Post by farafina » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:32 pm

Thank you for the welcome Gem and George!
Thanks for the link to the lessons. I was a bit confused before because there is SO MUCH on this forum... I like th way the lessons are organized and am getting started right away.

Bartmanhomer

Post by Bartmanhomer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:12 pm

So when are we going to get started the lesson?

George

Post by George » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:55 pm

Bartmanhomer wrote:So when are we going to get started the lesson?
sorry about the late response. not sure where Gem, our instructor, disappeared to-hoping that she is well.  
the class is "work at your own pace"  here is the link of the Way Map which has the lessons in order.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=41842

good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask if Gem can't or is not here to answered i'll try my best along with the other students in the class.

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

mary grace gabriel

Post by mary grace gabriel » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi,
Im just a new member. Im really interested in tarot reading but no idea about how it works.
I hope that Im welcome here and I will be thankful for our instructor if she/he will be patient enough to answer all our questions.
your angel

sweetykat

Post by sweetykat » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi  Gem  

I  have my  new  deck  and  ready to learn,  I  have the  Marsielles deck
sweetykat

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:36 pm

Great to Hear Sweety Kat and welcome :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:36 pm

Hi Mary, welcome :)

appylover

Post by appylover » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:18 am

Hi :smt006  Is it too late to sign up for the class? If not please count me in.

appylover

Post by appylover » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:29 am

Forgot to add that I am using The Rider Waite Tarot Deck.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:53 am

Hi Applylover, the course is open and you start when youare ready, just look at the WAY MAP posted at the tope of each Learn tarot forum and follow the links :)

Have fun

putergoddess

Eager to learn

Post by putergoddess » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:06 pm

Hello  :)     A friend gave me a beautiful set of Tarot cards as a gift. I am anxious to learn how to use them as well as what I will learn from them.  I am " a clean slate". I know nothing about them. I look forward to learning, though.

ththong

Post by ththong » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi Gem,

Looking foward for your guidance. i am using the RW deck.. edan

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:31 pm

:) I finally got my 3 new decks and, as promised, I want to go through the course again in order to familiarize myself with them so that I can use them for readings (well, at least some, if a few prove a bit hard to read).

Also, I thought some of you might be interested in comparing them with others already posted.

My 3 new decks are Anne-Marie Ferguson's Llewellyn Tarot, based on the myths of medieval Wales (I love the dreamy, storybook, misty atmosphere and its soft colors); Ciro Marchetti's Guilded Tarot, with amazing graphics (it is my goal to collect all 3 of Marchetti's decks, one of them still in the making) and Paolo Martinello's Universal Fantasy Tarot, by Lo Scarabeo, which fascinated me with its hyperdetailed, comic like illustrations.

Of these 3, the Universal Fantasy is more an artwork than a reading tool. As you will see, many illustrations defer greatly from RW based decks and are even too convoluted to recognize as a standard, non illustrated Minors deck. It comes in a cardboard box, deck size, with the usual booklet in several languages inside. It will probably join my collection for its intricate designs, but hardly for reading. Although, who knows, maybe some of you will be tempted to use it when you see the illustrations.

Both the Guilded and the Llewellyn come in a set box that includes a book (which I have not yet had time to browse through) and a silky bag for the deck. The decks include a couple of cards each depicting spreads, which I think is a nice idea.

To begin with, I am including the backs of the decks, which we sometimes overlook, even though we are bound to see a lot of them while shuffling.

By pirbid

The first is the Guilded, followed by the Llewellyn and finally the Universal. Which would you chose just from the look of the back design?  :smt017
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

appylover

Post by appylover » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:04 pm

:smt006 Pirbid, I had looked at the Guilded just recently and really love the art work. By seeing the backs I would have to say it's a toss up between Guilded and Universal. It will be interesting to see the other side of the cards.

Return to “Learn Tarot”