New Exercise

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Doris

New Exercise

Post by Doris » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:28 am

I saw this exercise on another web site about tarot, and I found it very useful. I am quite new to tarot and still need to learn all the meanings. I found this exercise allowed me to learn the meanings as well as putting a bit of purpose behind it. It goes as follows:-

Daily Reading

The purpose is to heighten your awareness of one approach to life for a single twenty-four-hour period. It also helps you learn the tarot without strain or tedium.

1. Shuffle the deck once or twice.
2. Hold the deck face down in one hand and cover it with our         other hand.
3. Pause a moment to become calm and centered.
4. Ask your Inner Guide to give you the guidance you need for the day.
5. Place the deck face down in front of you.
6. Cut the deck to the left and restack it.
7. Turn over the top card as your card of the day.
8. Return this card to the deck, and shuffle once or twice.

Keep a journal of your selections, and record whatever detail is important to you.

I find reading the full text, then recording the keywords for each card benificial. Over time you can look at the cards and see in general the important issues in your life.

Phoenixx Charmed

Excellent!

Post by Phoenixx Charmed » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:49 am

Thanks for the tip... I am always looking for new ideas and new spreads to try!

renushka2002

sounds interesting

Post by renushka2002 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:55 am

thank you , its a wnderful exercise to share

Phoenixx Charmed

Sounds Interesting

Post by Phoenixx Charmed » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:29 am

I only recently became more focused upon learning all I can about several subjects and areas of the "mystical" or "occult" paths. I have always been drawn to them, ever since I was a little one... I have always felt a bond with nature, animals, and especially the  moon. I dabbled here and there in many areas... I just always lacked time to fully invest myself the way I wanted. I had been working on several areas for the last year and a half.... My computer crashed recently (Of course I had back-up!!!....NOT!!~)!!! I have learned my lesson..... Now I back-up faithfully!!!!!   I really love finding different techniques, tips and /or tools to try that help in the understanding and enlightenment of the arts!! Thanks!

luv2pur

this helps

Post by luv2pur » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:18 am

really helped me to memorize the meanings of the cards

Return to “Learn Tarot”