Samantha's Class 2006

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

George

thanks rhutobello and swetha

Post by George » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:19 pm

will ask question and all that good stuff!  have a nice day
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

mystical1274

Post by mystical1274 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:08 pm

Hi everyone!! I have owned two decks for about a year and have tried to do readings a few times with no luck. I so want to learn how to use my cards, hopefully this will do the trick!

George

Post by George » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:45 pm

mystical1274 wrote:Hi everyone!! I have owned two decks for about a year and have tried to do readings a few times with no luck. I so want to learn how to use my cards, hopefully this will do the trick!
Welcome aboard   :smt006

doing the lesson here will do the trick for sure!  read this board over and over.  learn you cards and it will all fall into place.  
i was excited at first to learn the cards then felt overwhelmed by all the meanings of all the cards etc.  then i just said to myself i going to do it and i'm not going to let any of my feelings get in the way.  and you know it is all falling into place and its not as scary as it was two weeks ago!

enjoy and have fun

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:17 pm

Hello,
I'm new to tarot reading although I have been interested almost all my life.  I have had my deck for a couple years, but only now have started to try to learn and use it.  I am most definately a novice.  I have been reading the lessons on this board.  I would love to be more active here because I have a ton of questions :smt003.  I think I have a strong intuition and would like to learn to develop it as well as trust and rely on it more.

George

Post by George » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:13 pm

BLouise wrote:Hello,
I'm new to tarot reading although I have been interested almost all my life.  I have had my deck for a couple years, but only now have started to try to learn and use it.  I am most definately a novice.  I have been reading the lessons on this board.  I would love to be more active here because I have a ton of questions :smt003.  I think I have a strong intuition and would like to learn to develop it as well as trust and rely on it more.
welcome blouise  :smt006

i'm new here too and i find everyone is nice and helpful.   :smt020

anne_toinnette

free tarot download

Post by anne_toinnette » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:59 am

I recently downloaded the tarot and find all of my readings are negative. I have done other readings and they differ but I find when I do it with this download it's always discouraging??

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:08 am

Welcome to the site Anne Toinette :)

Sorry to hear about your negative readings.
I think it is because you allow for reverse cards, many Readers don't use this option and in my opinion is that best.
So on the page where you choose what spread you want, right beneath the spread, you will see a marker box for
"Allow reverse cards" take away this marker.

I hope you will be more pleased with this :)

I can recomend all the free software....and I am not the owner or developer....just a member like you :)

anne_toinnette

Post by anne_toinnette » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:34 pm

Thank you Rhutobello, I wasn't sure if it would be a fair reading if I was to stop the reversal of the cards. Thank you so much for your quick response and for welcoming me to the forum. Much appreciated.

shazia

Hello Samantha

Post by shazia » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:13 am

I read your message on the forum and i am truly interested in learning how to read tarot cards.  I have had interest in Tarot for ages but i have never given my 100% to them.  I am a beginner and yes, sometimes i do feel that some thing is going to happen in this or that manner and it does, whether this is being psychic or a coincidence, i don't know.  I wish to learn the tarot not only because i feel the time is right for me but i also wish to start generating some additional income as God only knowns, i need some help though i know this will take real hard work and 100% dedication on my part.  

Look forward to hearing from you!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:32 am

Since Samantha is away for the moment I will welcome you :)

The course is made a self study thing, but you use the forum to ask question and get help, we are always looking at the subjects, so it will not take long to get response.

I recommend you to consentrate on "short notes" for each card...then you can start to interpret the cards the way you feel it's right.
Don't take the finish interpretation from books or done here on ths site and put it into the spread you do, make your own when you see the question and the quarrant.
If you have a Tarot deck you aren't afreid to loose, write down all "clue words" on small stickers and glue them on each card....this make it easier to remember thing. In my opinion...don't start with revers meanings before you are confident in the normal layout.

Good luck :)

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:09 pm

Welcome Shazia,
I am also new here and although the instructor is away Rhutobello is a great help.  His suggestions have helped me greatly!  I hope to hear more from you as you learn the tarot with us.

Rhutobello - I just got all the stickers on my cards and I did a reading for myself and you are sooo right.  It is so much easier to interpret when you just use the key words.  I will post it when I have more time if you could give me some feedback.  Have a ton to do this morning.

shazia

Hello BLouise

Post by shazia » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:15 am

I actually am a bit confused as to how to review the messages on learning the tarot.  The last message was from Rhutobello informing me that Samantha was on vacation so we will be taking over and now only recieved a message from you.

Do I have to keep this window open at all times to review messages as I had thought that messages are sent automatically by email

Thank you
B. Regards
Shazia

Doris

Post by Doris » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:32 am

Hi, my name is Doris. I would like to start your classes. I have owned a deck of trarot cards for about 20 years, but have always been too scred to use them. I don't know if I am psychic, however, I do listen to my gut feeling a lot. I have done a lot od soul searching recently, which has sparked my current interest to learn how to read the tarot cards.

Looking forward to getting started.

George

Re: Hello BLouise

Post by George » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:01 am

shazia wrote:I actually am a bit confused as to how to review the messages on learning the tarot.  The last message was from Rhutobello informing me that Samantha was on vacation so we will be taking over and now only recieved a message from you.

Do I have to keep this window open at all times to review messages as I had thought that messages are sent automatically by email

Thank you
B. Regards
Shazia
you don't have to keep the window open to get a email that a message has been posted.  messages are not send by email just a notifcation that a message has been posted which you can click on and it will open the message in a new window.

At the top of the board you can click on the option of "New Posts" and "Watched Topics" to see all the new post.

"New Posts" shows all new messages posted since your last visit here.  
"Watched Topics" are topics that you have posted in and an easy way  to see if anyone has responded to your message.

if any more questions i will try to help   :smt006

George

Post by George » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:12 am

Doris wrote:Hi, my name is Doris. I would like to start your classes. I have owned a deck of trarot cards for about 20 years, but have always been too scred to use them. I don't know if I am psychic, however, I do listen to my gut feeling a lot. I have done a lot od soul searching recently, which has sparked my current interest to learn how to read the tarot cards.

Looking forward to getting started.

WElcome Doris  :smt006

don't worry about being psychic ...YOU ARE!  WE ALL ARE!   :smt020  People will tell you that your "gut feelings" are you being psychic, and so on...   :smt020

i'm pretty new here but i'll help as much as i can if you have any questions.  
so now break open those cards and get to reading!   :smt039

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”