Samantha's Class 2006

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:00 pm

welcome to the tarot class, i already signed you both up! glad you are here!
                                                                                  samantha

brightone

Hi

Post by brightone » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:11 am

I have been interested in tarot cards forever. i would love to learn. I dream about stuff but I ant control it maybe this will help.
amy

Daemonic_Angel

Post by Daemonic_Angel » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:34 pm

Hi Samather,

I'm Bridget, i do belive in my tarot, i've had a pack of tarot cards before but they didn't really work out because i could tell if they were up or down on the back of them but i usally get my mother to do my tarot for me and it always comes out the same...

I would like to learn!

Bridget

bigfatlady888

Post by bigfatlady888 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:47 pm

samantha234 wrote:hi penny, :smt006
i bought my cards there, they do have decks with the books! :) look under religion and spirituality! :)
Samantha,

I must be looking like an idiot but I can't find any decks with books, maybe in Spanish but I can't find any in English.

Penny

Sweetaslex

Post by Sweetaslex » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:09 am

Hi Sister of the light.
:)  My name is Alexis, 21yr old from Australia.  I would love to learn more about Tarot.  I am quite an amatuer at this point in time, but I've continually received books/cards as "gifts" and take this as a sign to look further.  I am quite spiritually gifted, although no direction is clear as to what my path holds for me as yet.  :) I am keen and grateful to learn more.

Love & Light

Alexis

PamS

Learning Tarot...count me in!

Post by PamS » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:54 am

Hi All,

I would love to learn Tarot!  I have had an interest in this for some time now and also astrology!

Much Thanks,

PamS

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:51 am

Since it seems Samantha have been away for some days, I will step in as a classmate and wish you all welcome :)

The class is mostly a selfstudy course, where we in our own speed interpret each card in our own words

http://mysticboard.org/ba ... ation.html

Don't bother with reverse card yet, much better to be good in one thing before you jump on next and many "Known Readers" don't use reverse at all :)

We have also done a couple of readings assignment...I recomend you to do them too, best way to learn :)

Most of all, ask question, the more we interact, the more we learn and feel we are a class.

I am sur Samantha soon will be back and welcome you all :)

ganpat1956

Post by ganpat1956 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:56 pm

Hi Samantha,

I am just a novice.  I have heard a lot about tarot card readings. I would really love to be admitted to a tutorial on the same.
Regards,
Ganpat

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:04 pm

Welcome Ganpat :)

Until Samantha is back I will welcome you. Read my post over and start to learn the different 78 card's upright. This is important if you want to learn the Readings. You can also try out those Reading assignment we have done. If you have any questions, then just post them in the forum, we love to help...if we can :)

sinistersister

Please email me Im lost LOl

Post by sinistersister » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:55 am

Hello. In response to your post...Yes I do believe in psychic abilities. I am 25 years old. Around the age of 14 my mother bought me my first, and last tarot deck. I was actually very good at it and rivaled my mother. She had her own for many years but told me that poeple were not supposed to use another persons deck. Our house caught on fire and the cards were severly smoke and water damaged I never bought another deck since nor have I ever even touched one. I would very much like to pick it up again but from your post I am not sure exactly how I am supposed to go about taking the class. Since it has been so many years I am positive I would have to learn from the beggining all over again. :smt017  If you would, please email me with details on how to begin this class.
email : sinistersister01@yahoo.com
                                                     Thank you,
                                                      Liberty
Attachments
ShowLetter.gif
ShowLetter.gif (1.21 KiB) Viewed 1648 times

sinistersister

whoops a daisy I feel stupid

Post by sinistersister » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:01 am

Hardy har har har. I just posted that I didnt understand how to take the class.   um... I found the link. :smt003

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:12 pm

hi,
welcome to the class.

u can view the below forum for learning tarot.

http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=74

George

New the board and i would like to join the class.

Post by George » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:30 pm

tell me about yourself:

About three months ago i decided to get into the Tarot.  I was a child when  my mother bought  a deck and i pick up on some of it (she never learn how to read them) and it really has never left my mind so now i just decided to try to learn them fully.  

Have you every used the cards before:  

as of late after about a three months reading and getting focused on the task. i did my own reading although it seem very accurate i feel i might have read them wrong.  the other day i did another reading and i still working on reading them.  

do you have psychic ability:

sometimes, because i seem to know things that seem more then just a luck or an educated guess.

what would you like from the course:

to learn not just to read the cards and spout infomation from a book but the art of painting a picture for the person being read!  

___

i have read the book "Understanding The Cards of Destiny Reading The Tarot" by Leo Louis Martello and "The Key To The Tarot" by A.E. waite that came with my deck of cards.  Matrello's book seem a little more user-friendly as were Waite's  book seems rigid and to vague in it's interpreation (i tend to like a lot of inforamation).  

i own the "The Original Rider Waite Tarot Deck"  the colors of the cards aren't as bright as other Waite decks i've seen.  this deck is based on the very original deck Waite's deck.  i try to order the oldest design i could find and this was the oldest i found from the store catalog that i ordered from.  so it has made me wonder because Martello's book deals with the colors of the cards also, and these aren't as bright as the ones of the cover of that book so i wondering if the means can change for the overall picture of the reading (but want get into that now... just so much too learn).  

i'm drawn to the Celtic Cross for now (i sure time will tell if i switch that up).  i printed out your tutorial for the Celtic cross and plan to read that tomorrow and i'm sure that it will help me with my question on my own readings that i've done.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:20 am

Welcome Georg Smith..good to have you here.

For the moment the class is a selfstudy thing. Our Teacher is on holliday but will hopefully soon be back.

You can find much of the stuff and assignment in this forum, and here is the link for all the cards

http://mysticboard.org/ba ... ation.html

We also urge our classmates to post any questions they must have, so we can give answer or discuss, that way we all learn :)

Hope you will enjoy your stay :)

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:24 am

hello,
welcome to the class... hope u get to learn and improve ur skills here!

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”