HELP! need some info on the programs

All discussions - suggestions, bug reports, upgrades, feedback, new feature requests - related to Mystic Softwares goes here. Co-Branding Mystic Softwares discussion also goes here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

crystalwitch

HELP! need some info on the programs

Post by crystalwitch » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:01 pm

I am on a newer computer dh built me. But he put in linex (sp). Now I downloaded what programs i wanted but can't open any and all it tells me is it isn't supported by linex. Are there any programs here that will run in linex?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

crystalwitch
toni in ny
Attachments
Toni--thinkspring.gif
Toni--thinkspring.gif (32.65 KiB) Viewed 2101 times

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:17 pm

All our programs is developed for Windows.

There are software for Windows that can run Linus, but I don't think it can be done the other way around, since Windows are a paid system.

Carolschaeff

Post by Carolschaeff » Fri May 16, 2008 10:07 am

I think you might be able to find a way to run Windows software in Linux if you can use an emulator, or something like VMware which will let you run Windows in a box inside Linux.  

It may be that the free WINE, or some other such emulator in Linux would run the software.  If not, you'd have to go the VMWare route.

For VMware you can get a fre VMWare player but then you would need to download a ready-made disk image, I believe that there are places which make such things available for download.   Or you can try the VMWare Workstation and install it, then would need to have a Windows installation CD so as to install it into your prepared VMWare image.

I hope that helps

Carol

Return to “Mystic Softwares”