Interpretation Of Six of Pentacles - Upright - Minor Arcana

The Rider Waite Tarot Deck - Discussion and cards explained.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Tarot

Interpretation Of Six of Pentacles - Upright - Minor Arcana

Post by Tarot » Tue May 16, 2006 12:40 pm

Six of Pentacles - Upright

Minor Arcana

You will receive what is rightfully yours. You may do a lot of charity work you are very generous and always ready to help people. You will be rewarded accordingly in return. You will clear all your debts and do a lot to benefit others.

Let's hear your interpretation of the card...

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:58 pm

This card suggest to me a time when you are willing to help somebody. Maybe giving to a charitable cause. Because the man in the card is holding a pair of scales in his hand it could also mean that it’s a time of careful spending. Don’t be too free with your money. It could also suggest to me being helped by someone financially.

Giving and receiving of gifts or money.

Sharing good fortune with others.

Owl of Minerva

Post by Owl of Minerva » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:52 pm

In some cases I have noticed that the money is also slipping a bit too freely from his hands, and that the beggar's cloak looks like it has a hole in it. In other words - something, somewhere, has sprung a leak...!!!

I use a spread with a place for an "opponent" and this is how I read the card if it comes in this position.
The owl of Minerva flaps her wings at dawn - after Hegel

cuddles45

Post by cuddles45 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:23 pm

ummm with this card i do see that it is receiving or giving with regards to money...but i have also seing this card show up in reading saying the person will get the job or whatever

Also, this card comes up indicating receiving something but it has not alwys been money. it could be receiving the truth as well to something that you wanted to find out.

drdave

Post by drdave » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:34 pm

this is a sad card
He holds the scale of justice and decides who gets his charity
He is rich they are poor and  he decides
must be read in relationship to other cards
also never to forget that rich and poor are the flip side of a coin
they are both imposters

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:00 pm

I have always found this card very interesting. It keeps coming up in my readings and giving me new insights into it each time.

First of all, it usually stands for an unequal relationship, one in which one gives a lot more than he/she receives. This might be because there is another who is always ready to ask for more. But it may also be because the giver does not feel good unless freely giving of his/her time and effort. Usually the receivers were brought up to believe they had a right to ask for anything they needed, and the giver educated in the "good is as good does".

This meaning comes up more often in a love relationship, specially those in which one of the members is more "in love" than the other. The more that member gives and sacrifices, the less his/her efforts are appreciated, but just taken for granted. Another typical case is that of the sacrificing mother, father or parents towards their ungrateful offspring. Even when the parents have no more to give, the offspring seem incapable of seeking their own sustenance.

Finally, there is a meaning which I have personally come across more than once: being capable of giving only in the right measure. That means helping others help themselves, rather than embarrassing them with a whole load of attention and gifts. We must realize that most people are ready to receive only certain things and only to a certain point. Anything above that and we are hurting more than helping.

It is a fine art, this learning to give and receive. Because when we need help, we also must learn how to ask for it, or put ourselves in a position to receive. First of all that means realizing we cannot fulfill all our needs by ourselves. Next we must learn to swallow our pride and request aid at the appropriate time and place.

And finally we should be grateful, both if we are in a position to give and if we are lucky enough to receive when in need.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Return to “Rider Waite Tarot”