Interpretation Of Three of Pentacles - Upright - Minor Arcana

The Rider Waite Tarot Deck - Discussion and cards explained.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Tarot

Interpretation Of Three of Pentacles - Upright - Minor Arcana

Post by Tarot » Tue May 16, 2006 12:15 pm

Three of Pentacles - Upright

Minor Arcana

This represents the initial completion of a project. To become a success the project may need the support and cooperation of a lot of people. You need a lot of skillful planning to be done for all future ventures. Skillful work is always sees success and is appreciated.

Let's hear your interpretation of the card...

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:37 am

This suggest to me the planning stage of some financial or building project. Seeking advice from others. It could be plans for a new house. Making solid plans for the future.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:30 pm

The couple are asking the man on the left for help. This card makes me think of a couple with a project, hope or idea asking someone else´s assistance and maybe it´s up to that man if he says yes or no.

Starting out on a new project.

Seeking shelter or truth.

drdave

Post by drdave » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:11 pm

I believe the worker is showing off his handiwork hoping for the benefactor to give a go ahead for something bigger

Flegetanis

The Master Piece

Post by Flegetanis » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:04 am

This image is ripe with Masonic significance. The image is evocative of a number of images of the Three Ancient Operative Grand Masters, KS, HKT, & HA: e.g., 

and  

Image.

The posture of the workman should be familiar to all who have been Accepted as Fellows among Freemasons. Waite himself intimates the significance of this card; The Apprentice of the 8 of Pentacles has been promoted to Journeyman, and now presents his Master Piece for Inspection.

The fact that the Master Piece is the Keystone of an arch, bearing  the Masonic "tripod" (3 dots arranged in a triangle) with a Cross within a Rose at the center, shows that this is the conclusion of a particular endeavor, not it's beginning....  Even so, the Keystone and the Rose Croix are intimations of the the grades beyond that of "Master", so the Master Piece is just itself proof that the workman is ready for further achievements, both material ans spiritual. He has now earned the right, by proof of his skill AS a Master of the Craft, to embark on new and higher paths. It is for this reason that Waite mentions that, despite the obvious meanings of becoming the master of a trade, engaging in skilled labor, the divinatory meanings of the 3 of Pentacles are "usually, however, regarded as a card of nobility, aristocracy, renown, [and] glory."

weezerwall

Three of Pentacles - interpretation

Post by weezerwall » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:09 am

Hi Flegetanis,

I've just read your post above!  It's really fascinating and gives me great new insights into this card!  I'm very interested in the Tarot and am enrolled in the course here at the Mystic Board.  

If you have time, I'd really be interested in the full names of the 3 Ancient Operative Grand Masters you mentioned.  I'd like to find out more about them.  

Thanks a lot and a warm welcome to MB!

Wishing you all the best,
Weezer

Flegetanis

Re: Three of Pentacles - interpretation

Post by Flegetanis » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:52 am

weezerwall wrote:Hi Flegetanis,

I've just read your post above!  It's really fascinating and gives me great new insights into this card!  I'm very interested in the Tarot and am enrolled in the course here at the Mystic Board.  

If you have time, I'd really be interested in the full names of the 3 Ancient Operative Grand Masters you mentioned.  I'd like to find out more about them.  

Thanks a lot and a warm welcome to MB!

Wishing you all the best,
Weezer
They are King Solomon, Hiram, King of Tyre, & Hiram Abiff.

The Candidate for Freemasonry, at certain parts of his Masonic journey, represents - or is represented by - Hiram Abiff.

Depending on the illustration, one of the Kings is generally represented as holding the designs, while Hiram Abiff is usually seen with one of the implements - or "Working Tools" - of the Craft. In the case of the 3 of Pentacles, it is the Setting Maul, as the craftsman has just set the Keystone in place.
"Religion may be the opium of the masses, but only a select few can make it their LSD."

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:29 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!  Your explanation makes this card more fascinating and I really appreciate the insights!!

Wishing you all the best!  :)

Weezer

Return to “Rider Waite Tarot”