Interpretation Of Queen of Wands - Upright - Minor Arcana

The Rider Waite Tarot Deck - Discussion and cards explained.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Tarot

Interpretation Of Queen of Wands - Upright - Minor Arcana

Post by Tarot » Tue May 16, 2006 9:18 am

Queen of Wands - Upright

Minor Arcana

You are a well liked person.  You are a cheerful person and have a charming personality. If you are a woman, you are mature and fond of your home. You may be temperamental, but also generous and independent. The card may also predict the success of a project.  

Let's hear your interpretation of the card...

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:55 am

Here is a queen with a very strong personality. A rich looking woman with a very strong will, who is determined to get what she wants. She wont be shaken by anything. She is a very successful business woman who has worked hard to get where she is.

Can represent someone in the workplace either a boss or a fellow workmate.

Sorry but I have a real problem coming up with anything about how I could interperet this if it came up in a reading. I seem to really struggle with some of the Kings and Queens. This is what I really need help on.

PrincessinVain

Post by PrincessinVain » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:38 pm

She reminds me of a woman who speaks her mind and is not afraid to fight for people she loves. A fighter, perhaps, in love and in life. Can be maternal, or can be a fierce friend.

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:03 pm

contact me by im if you need more help! :)

Bhadra

Queen of Wands-Upright-Minor Arcana

Post by Bhadra » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:54 pm

Fair hair/red hair, blue eyes, fair skin. Darker haired, artistic, entrepreneur, independent, feminist, intelligent.
Woman who has attractive personality and draws people to her. A woman, fondness of nature or of the home, attraction, command, someone who is well liked or honorable

(Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius): are more consistent, steady, loyal and reliable, with great reserves of patience. The feminine, homemaking qualities of the Queens correspond to these Fixed signs. They are images of stability and containment.

The Queen of Wands is commonly associated with Leo!  

The Queen of Wands is "The Queen of the Thrones of Flame."
She rules the heavens from above the last Decan of Pisces to above the 20 Degree of Aries: including thus a part of Andromeda. March 11–April 9

I CHING: Queen of Wands
Tui of Chen
17: Sui
The Quest
In order to rule, one must first serve
Elemental personality - Jungian - Emotions modifying Will
Water of Fire
Queen of the Salamanders.  Remember those salamanders?

Characteristics:
Adaptability, Steady Rule, Great attractive power. Magnetic personality, Love of money or success. Persistent energy, Calm Authority, Easily deceived. Magnetic, Friendly, Business success.

The Wands throughout this suit are always in leaf, as it is a suit of life and animation. Emotionally and otherwise, the Queen's personality corresponds to that of the King, but is more magnetic. Divinatory Meanings: A dark woman, countrywoman, friendly, chaste, loving, honourable. If the card beside her signifies a man, she is well disposed towards him; if a woman, she is interested in the Querent. Also, love of money, or a certain success in business.

DIFFERENT TAKES ON THE QUEEN OF WANDS:

A controlling person.

Repression or denial.

Someone who will not, or should, let go of the past. Or, someone who is ready to move on and just needs encouragement and support to do so.

Someone in the past (living or dead) is attached to the querant and needs to be released.

"Keep the focus on the self," as is said in 12 Step groups. E.g., pay attention to one's own issues, and don't project onto others or get caught up in others' issues.

Something in one's past needs healing ... or ... Something unfinished in one's past is being agitated by this present situation ... or ... Something is only an echo from the past -- acknowledge it and let it go.

This is an odd one, but a friend and I have often seen this card indicate dental problems.

Physical detoxing. I've seen this card many times when I've just begun a diet or fast.

Get as up-to-date with your life's various projects as you possibly can.

In readings, the Queen of Wands asks you to think and feel as she does. For example: Do you feel attractive? Do you believe in yourself? Are you full of energy? Can you shake off the blues? Are you gung ho about life? This Queen can also represent a man or woman who is like her, or an atmosphere of cheerful and confident enthusiasm. In a reading, she tells you that her special energy has meaning for you at this time. Let yourself be inspired by this Queen in whatever form she appears in your life. Keywords: Channels spiritual energy

Recommended Resources for Students: Hidden and Secret Meanings: The Court Cards — Part II- Date: 2002-05-25 By: David Allen Hulse © 2002Llewellyn Worldwide Ltd.llewellynjournal.com/print.php?id=387

A DESCRIPTION OF
THE CARDS OF THE TAROT
WITH THEIR ATTRIBUTIONS; INCLUDING A
METHOD OF DIVINATION BY THEIR USE
the-equinox.org/vol1/no8/eqi08016.html#queen_wands

THE OUTER METHOD OF THE ORACLES PART III
DISTINCTION OF GREATER OR LESSER ARCANA

216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:HQXhIIQkdp0J:www.spiritbridge.com/downloads/the%2520 ... clnk&cd=27[/url]

Owl of Minerva

Post by Owl of Minerva » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:05 pm

This was me when I got to grips with the tarot - serene, confident, no longer at sixes and sevens (I originally saw myself in the Two of Swords!) and more optimistic about the future. A deep sense of empowerment and inner calm, learning to use both head and heart (whereas the Queen of Cups gets carried away by her emotions and the Queen of Swords relies on her intellect; the Queen of Pentacles is too busy counting the loose change in her pocket!)

Might also be a combination of the Empress and High Priestess of the Major Arcana - though the Queen of Pents might be more the Earth Mother and the Queen of Cups the intuitive, the Queen of Wands transcends or combines the two spheres of womanhood.

Bhadra

To Owl of Minerva

Post by Bhadra » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:55 pm

Owl of Minerva wrote:This was me when I got to grips with the tarot - serene, confident, no longer at sixes and sevens (I originally saw myself in the Two of Swords!) and more optimistic about the future. A deep sense of empowerment and inner calm, learning to use both head and heart (whereas the Queen of Cups gets carried away by her emotions and the Queen of Swords relies on her intellect; the Queen of Pentacles is too busy counting the loose change in her pocket!)

Might also be a combination of the Empress and High Priestess of the Major Arcana - though the Queen of Pents might be more the Earth Mother and the Queen of Cups the intuitive, the Queen of Wands transcends or combines the two spheres of womanhood.
No kidding??? Wow, I can relate to that in so many ways!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Owl of Minerva

Post by Owl of Minerva » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:54 pm

Not at all. These are wonderful articles.

What I do when I get a new deck is go through it and see which card stands out at that particular minute - I picked the Queen of Wands (Rods in that particular deck) when I got my Morgan-Greer - it was a lovely spring morning and she just captured my mood.

I'm having difficulty with this card in my own (home-made "comic strip") deck, so your articles are a great help.

Basically I'm trying to relate the court cards to a public figure, the male figures are easy, the Queens...not so. Cheating by using major figures' wives (Coins and Cups), but that still leaves me Swords and Wands to do - think I have the Queen of Swords nailed...not so the Queen of Wands. Doubt you'll be able to help me, because you're in the US and I'm doing a specifically UK deck, though I think I might use Condoleezza Rice if I really can't think of anyone else. But I don't know enough about her, so maybe not :(.

Bhadra

Post by Bhadra » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:11 am

Owl of Minerva wrote:Basically I'm trying to relate the court cards to a public figure, the male figures are easy, the Queens...not so. Cheating by using major figures' wives (Coins and Cups), but that still leaves me Swords and Wands to do - think I have the Queen of Swords nailed...not so the Queen of Wands. Doubt you'll be able to help me, because you're in the US and I'm doing a specifically UK deck, though I think I might use Condoleezza Rice if I really can't think of anyone else. But I don't know enough about her, so maybe not :(.
One name popped into my head when I read this right away so I did a little research. The Queen of Wands is associated with Palas Athene. Hilary Rodham Clinton!!! (note the Rod in her name) Three days after she was born when Palas Athene was stationed direct in her natal chart . Suggest you read this articleaccessnewage.com/ARTICLES/astro/hillary.htm
and you will see exactly what I'm talking about.  She is the very epitome of the Palas Athene archetype astrologically, and it follows that she would also be represented so in Tarot. And that would qualify her for Queen of Wands.   As for British Queen Elizabeth would qualify...however they are both wives so that sortof throws things off a bit...I don't know, what do you think?

xiyang

Post by xiyang » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:40 pm

She is very confident, and positive woman. Look at the sunflower in her hand, she is facing to the sun, light and bright. See the black cat in front of her, she believes her feeling and sense which protects her from the hurting. The two lions figures on the chair, stands for her strength. This woman is very energetic, and she likes challenge rather than routin life. She no only knows protect herself well, but proctects and help her friends around.

Owl of Minerva

Post by Owl of Minerva » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:55 pm

Bhadra wrote:
One name popped into my head when I read this right away so I did a little research. The Queen of Wands is associated with Palas Athene. Hilary Rodham Clinton!!! (note the Rod in her name) Three days after she was born when Palas Athene was stationed direct in her natal chart . Suggest you read this articlewww.accessnewage.com/ARTICLES/astro/hillary.htm
and you will see exactly what I'm talking about.  She is the very epitome of the Palas Athene archetype astrologically, and it follows that she would also be represented so in Tarot. And that would qualify her for Queen of Wands.   As for British Queen Elizabeth would qualify...however they are both wives so that sortof throws things off a bit...I don't know, what do you think?
You're not wrong there! Fantastic idea, I have no idea about astrology so thanks for filling me in. Queen Elizabeth I think will be the Empress - the Major Arcana are going to stand "above" the petty politics of the Minors - but you really have given me a fantastic idea there.

Return to “Rider Waite Tarot”