Thoughts About My First Self-Tarot Reading

All Tarot Reading requests should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Emberlyn

Thoughts About My First Self-Tarot Reading

Post by Emberlyn » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:32 pm

The goal of this reading was to get to know my deck. It is brand new and this is the first reading I have done with this deck...and well my first reading ever.

I used the Dark Fairytale Tarot

The meanings of the positions are as follows:
Card #1: Tell me about yourself? What is your most important characteristic?
Card #2: What are your strengths as a deck?
Card #3: What are your limits as a deck?
Card #4: What do you bring to the table? What are you here to teach me?
Card #5: How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
Card #6: What is the potential outcome of our relationship?

The cards drawn:
#1: 8 of Wands Reversed
#2: Six if Swords Reversed
#3: Nine of Pentacles Reversed
#4: The Tower Reversed
#5: Knight of Wands Reversed
#6: 8 of Pentacles Reversed

My Interpretations:
(Please keep in mind this is my absolute first reading ever..so if you have any feedback- and I hope you do, please be gentle)

#1: This deck will give me clear answers- leaving no doubt, but it will take patience- getting to know the cards. What is your most important characteristic?: Patience
#2: Showing me the reality of the situation- without sugar coating it. Showing me how things really are- no matter how ugly, or scary they may be.
#3: It won’t be able to show the good part of questions. Only the darkness.
#4: What do you bring to the table?:This deck is here to show me the bare, harsh truth. What are you here to teach me?: To teach me how to build something more stable and real- despite the devastation that has occurred.
#5: This deck will show me my worth and my value. I have to learn to trust its advice- even though it may not be what I am looking for.
#6: As long as I play my part in respecting and listening to the deck- we will be successful together.

My overall thoughts:
My life has been filled with trauma and pain since birth and I think this deck recognizes that. I am a complete pessimist and I think this deck also recognizes that, but wants to show me how to grow out of the pain and the darkness into who I am meant to be- like a lotus flower. I just need to be patient with getting to know my deck. It will be loyal to me- revealing to me the truth that I need to hear- not what I want to hear.

My questions:
Why were all of the cards reversed? The way I shuffled them- it just shouldn't have been possible for them to all be reversed- yet they were. I don't believe it was a coincidence, but
I would like to know if there is a meaning to that..?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:23 pm

I dont know the Dark Fairytale Tarot and therefore I cannot comment on your interpretations.

Cards will not come out reversed (and especially at the rate that you got here) unless the majority of them were disorderly in the deck. I can give no other explanation.

It is not your shuffling; it is how the cards were placed in the deck IN THE FIRST PLACE.

George

Re: Thoughts About My First Self-Tarot Reading

Post by George » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:13 pm

Emberlyn wrote:The goal of this reading was to get to know my deck. It is brand new and this is the first reading I have done with this deck...and well my first reading ever.

I used the Dark Fairytale Tarot

The meanings of the positions are as follows:
Card #1: Tell me about yourself? What is your most important characteristic?
Card #2: What are your strengths as a deck?
Card #3: What are your limits as a deck?
Card #4: What do you bring to the table? What are you here to teach me?
Card #5: How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
Card #6: What is the potential outcome of our relationship?

The cards drawn:
#1: 8 of Wands Reversed
#2: Six if Swords Reversed
#3: Nine of Pentacles Reversed
#4: The Tower Reversed
#5: Knight of Wands Reversed
#6: 8 of Pentacles Reversed

My Interpretations:
(Please keep in mind this is my absolute first reading ever..so if you have any feedback- and I hope you do, please be gentle)

#1: This deck will give me clear answers- leaving no doubt, but it will take patience- getting to know the cards. What is your most important characteristic?: Patience
#2: Showing me the reality of the situation- without sugar coating it. Showing me how things really are- no matter how ugly, or scary they may be.
#3: It won’t be able to show the good part of questions. Only the darkness.
#4: What do you bring to the table?:This deck is here to show me the bare, harsh truth. What are you here to teach me?: To teach me how to build something more stable and real- despite the devastation that has occurred.
#5: This deck will show me my worth and my value. I have to learn to trust its advice- even though it may not be what I am looking for.
#6: As long as I play my part in respecting and listening to the deck- we will be successful together.

My overall thoughts:
My life has been filled with trauma and pain since birth and I think this deck recognizes that. I am a complete pessimist and I think this deck also recognizes that, but wants to show me how to grow out of the pain and the darkness into who I am meant to be- like a lotus flower. I just need to be patient with getting to know my deck. It will be loyal to me- revealing to me the truth that I need to hear- not what I want to hear.

My questions:
Why were all of the cards reversed? The way I shuffled them- it just shouldn't have been possible for them to all be reversed- yet they were. I don't believe it was a coincidence, but
I would like to know if there is a meaning to that..?
if you can post pictures of your deck that would be cool because i don't know the deck either and it would nice to see it.
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Return to “Tarot Reading Forum”