I Have a Question

All Tarot Reading requests should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Duchess1964

I Have a Question

Post by Duchess1964 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:52 am

My church does fundraising at a local Trade Center.  I have this talent that I have had since I was very young.  My mom and grandmom are/were the same way.  At the Trade Center is a man who has like ... nothing inside, very cold personality.  He 'reads the cards' or so he claims.  I have gone head to head with him and won in a couple of challenge readings.

My question ... he charges for his lack of tallent - $50.00.  I have proposed to the Trade Center that they give me the table next to him.  I will offer readings for NOTHING!!  I leave a bucket out for good will donations, but no charge.   SHOULD I DO THIS?

NOTE:  If given a gift, you shouldn't charge for the passing of that gift to others, something my grandmom taught me.
Silver Phoenix

cedars
Tarot reader

Re: I Have a Question

Post by cedars » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:33 pm

NOTE:  If given a gift, you shouldn't charge for the passing of that gift to others, something my grandmom taught me.

This topic has been discussed on several occasions and I do not understand why people do not make the same comment about gifted singers, actors, painters, poets, writers....... shall I continue? Why is it not wrong for these gifted people to charge for their gift and wrong for readers?

I will never understand this concept.
If you had the experience of having a reading from a bad and ungifted reader, then it is your duty not to go to him again. Sooner or later, that reader will have no clientele to sell his so-called gift orlack of it.

Yes, readers have the right to charge for their gift-- why shouldnt they? You are benefiting from their gift the same way as you are enjoying and 'benefiting' from listening to your favourite singer, reading a novel, watching a film, going to a therapist and so on....

George

Re: I Have a Question

Post by George » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:36 am

Duchess1964 wrote:My church does fundraising at a local Trade Center.  I have this talent that I have had since I was very young.  My mom and grandmom are/were the same way.  At the Trade Center is a man who has like ... nothing inside, very cold personality.  He 'reads the cards' or so he claims.  I have gone head to head with him and won in a couple of challenge readings.

My question ... he charges for his lack of tallent - $50.00.  I have proposed to the Trade Center that they give me the table next to him.  I will offer readings for NOTHING!!  I leave a bucket out for good will donations, but no charge.   SHOULD I DO THIS?

well, am i shocked that you would waste such energy on a person.  and with all due respect why would you judge someone so harshly maybe what you see as a "cold personality" and "nothing inside"... is just a personality that you don't understand.  instead of challenging, why not just say, no thank you, and wish them a very good day and focus your energy on your fund raising instead of attacking someone you don't really know.  If you have gone head to head with him and won a couple of challenges that would imply that he also won a couple therefore doesn't that make you equal in talent?  Which doesn't matter really!   Let it go and focus positive energy into the world instead of all this negativity you are talking about.   and i would never set a table up next to him as to compete in anyway. if i wanted to set up a table it would be as far away from him as possible as not to be effected by his negativity, that's if i felt such negativity towards anyone as you do towards him.  Walk away and have a blessed day!     :smt020  :smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Return to “Tarot Reading Forum”