Distant reading

All Tarot Reading requests should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

chrisdee

Distant reading

Post by chrisdee » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:57 pm

:smt012 How can you give a reading over a distance ,how do you get the connection .only learning, but sometimes i pick up feelings of the cards ,how do you get the feelings /connection with someone you have not met or touched the cards -Please

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:02 pm

Speaking for myself I can tell you I get a feeling, voice, and visual off the cards.

I can not read a person that I know because I can not see past the person I know.  Sometimes I have to ask questions to understand what I am picking up.  

Sometimes I don't see people but rather than colors and the movement of color comes out to me.

I hope this helps.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi Chrisdee, its not as hard as it sounds.

I find it actually easier to read across a distance especially via the interenet. Perhaps its because people don't tend to block and shield themselves as much as they may do in person. Also they are usually relaxed and feeling safe rather than perhaps nervous and worried.  

You could try reading your cards across the net. Focus on the screenname you are reading for, perhaps start with them in messenger or a chat room so you have contact and can get feedback.  Focus on the person and shuffle your cards, ask the person to focus on you and the question and ask them to say stop when they feel ready for you to stop shuffling and start laying the spread.  Try a simple  1 or 3 card reading first, and see what you get?  The more you do it the more your confidence will grow.

Go for it :)

chrisdee

Distant reading

Post by chrisdee » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:46 pm

Thank you, Ill try focusing and see what i can pick up

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:34 am

I usually only do absent readings. I like to have a photo of the person I am reading for and their name, then I shuffle the cards, thinking of them. My breathing gets slower and I feel relaxed. I try to imagine a connection and stare into the eyes on the photo. Then I deal the cards. My readings tend to be successful when doing this. I sell readings on ebay and sometimes the person asks for a general reading and doesn´t send a photo. I can still manage to get details, using a mixture of looking at the cards I get and intuitive feelings. I haven´t  had any bad feedback, only praise, so I can´t be doing that badly :)

I did once pick the death card when reading for my sister and joked that she should watch out (we have a silly sense of humour) then said, don´t worry, it´s more likely to be the end of a phase of her life or new beginning. She called me 3 hours later to say her boyfriend´s mother had died. Oops! I would NEVER predict death or bad health though. That was a weird one. It was the first time I´d ever got that card.

I think I actually get better readings for people I´ve never met that people sitting right opposite me but do not understand why.

TaurusGemini429

Post by TaurusGemini429 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:32 am

starryskies wrote:I usually only do absent readings. I like to have a photo of the person I am reading for and their name, then I shuffle the cards, thinking of them. My breathing gets slower and I feel relaxed. I try to imagine a connection and stare into the eyes on the photo. Then I deal the cards. My readings tend to be successful when doing this. I sell readings on ebay and sometimes the person asks for a general reading and doesn´t send a photo. I can still manage to get details, using a mixture of looking at the cards I get and intuitive feelings. I haven´t  had any bad feedback, only praise, so I can´t be doing that badly :)

I did once pick the death card when reading for my sister and joked that she should watch out (we have a silly sense of humour) then said, don´t worry, it´s more likely to be the end of a phase of her life or new beginning. She called me 3 hours later to say her boyfriend´s mother had died. Oops! I would NEVER predict death or bad health though. That was a weird one. It was the first time I´d ever got that card.

I think I actually get better readings for people I´ve never met that people sitting right opposite me but do not understand why.
wow - you had never gotten the death card until then?

did it scare you the next time you pulled that card?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:13 am

Although the death card was drawn. i believe other cards in the spread have got to back this up to mean death

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:59 am

I had back up cards too and felt that it did mean a physical death but I don´t say that in my readings to customers unless it is obviously passed!!!

As the reading was for a family member, that did make it a little strange but I am not scared of death, physical or otherwise. There is irrefutable proof, as far as I am concerned, that we live on :)

There are some cards I hardly ever draw when doing readings actually, such as the tower or king of swords and some I get all the time, such as the world or 9 of swords, no matter who I am reading for. The death card is quite rare when I read. Interesting :)

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:52 pm

I did a reading for myself a while ago and got the death card  with cards in the reading to back this up. in  the description i got from the cards i found this fitted my daughter  i became worried as the time got nearer to the predicted time. This was not my daughter but my niece of the same description which died at the time predicted The thought of getting the Wrong person although there was a  close connection has bothered me ever since. can names be got out of the cards or is this the intuitive/psychic side of things i feel i read the cards wrong somehow and if i hadn't i could have warned my sister of a problem as my niece was living away

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:54 pm

Oh, that must have been an awful situation. It is horrible feeling like we have the power to see into the future but no control over it and no way of stopping bad things to happen. You had no way of knowing it was your niece and even if you had, you probably could not have had any control over her death. This is one of those tragic things, I think. When I got the card and back up cards for my sister, it was in the family section of the reading so I assumed it would be someone older, maybe on her boyfriend´s side. Still must´ve been an awful experience for you. I feel for you and your sister.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:05 pm

At the time of the reading I told my partner about the reading but didn't disclose this with my sister as she wasnt talking to me  i only found out later at the death of her daughter that she had been having  problems with her if we had been talking she would have known immediately what the cards where referring to

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:08 pm

Chrisdee, it is one of those things that happens because you are sensitive and psychic natured. That is why you foresaw it.

It is in NO WAY your fault and whether you were talking to your sister at the time or not does not mean there was anything you could have done. If you are feeling guilty about this, please stop. I see things all the time in the cards and don´t reveal them in case I am wrong. My faith in my abilities wavers.

The cards are meant as a guide not as a method of allowing us to change the world. Frustrating as it might be. There was nothing you could have done and the fact you weren´t talking wasn´t your fault either. People fall out and things happen while they are at loggerheads. It´s something you have to just let go...

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:18 pm

Thank you for listening i know what will be will be, but may be she could have made up with her daughter before she passed over to the other side, at the time i had discussed this with my brother if he ever tells her of the reading she may think i could have warned her

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:26 pm

Whether he does or not isn´t what is important. If he does, she might not believe it anyway (most people I know don´t believe in tarot!) The important thing is that your niece is now safe and happy on the other side and one day, when she is reunited with her mum, they will be together again. Being able to foresee the future is both a blessing and a curse. No one likes to feel they didn´t do everything within their power to stop something happening but it is so much harder when loved ones are involved, I know, rather than when you are reading for a stranger. I tend to get caught up in the lives of the people I read for and go out of my way to help them, it´s not like "well you bought a $3 reading, here is $3 worth of tarot info" - I like helping people out and tarot is another tool, a way to do that.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm

Thank you my sister may not believe i read it in the tarot because she does tarot and psychic work as well and did not pick up on the death part. from what I'm told,but i do know all those around her that are physic and go to open circle with her she blames for not telling her

Return to “Tarot Reading Forum”