EoT - A question

All Psychic Reading requests should be posted under this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Spiritwhisperer

EoT - A question

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:49 am

I am not sure if I can request a reading now as you may have gained so much info about myself, from my posts here on MB,

But while I know I am moving forward every day, and I am feeling good about the readings I have offered others on the practice reading thread,  is there any insight to the direction I should go next? or maybe the question should be what should I be doing now to help me move further forward, I received the wonderful reading from Aliss, and it did resonate very well. However the last day or so, I feel something missing, and whilst I am meditating, and focusing on looking within, but I feel a little bit lost at the moment, like there is an important piece missing, or that I am forgetting something??

I have to admit I do have a lot on my mind, I am waiting on test results to come back, (intermittent periods of nausea fatigue, and extreme pain doesn't help the concentration levels.. haha) but all will be revealed in due time.

is there anything that I can do to help lift my spiritual awareness? I feel this part of my life I need (may be wrong word) but I feel it is the light after years of darkness, and I am scared of going back into the black hole I felt I lived in for a long time.

Sorry, there I go again, off on a tangent.

If you are able to offer any insight, I would be very appreciative, as I value your words of wisdom. (as well as others on this site of course, so any advice would be appreciated.)

Blessings as always
SW

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Focus less upon yourself and upon your performance as a reader

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:03 am

To my friend SW,  Image

What sort of friend would I be if I turned down what I feel is a golden opportunity for me to show you that while we have both learned a lot about your personality and life purpose through these readings and other postings, that there is still so much more to be understood? What little I have learned about you so far is the figurative tip of the iceberg, primarily because so much of it remains in your unconscious mind where it cannot be easily accessed (especially over the internet).
But while I know I am moving forward every day, and I am feeling good about the readings I have offered others on the practice reading thread,  is there any insight to the direction I should go next? or maybe the question should be what should I be doing now to help me move further forward, I received the wonderful reading from Aliss, and it did resonate very well. However the last day or so, I feel something missing, and whilst I am meditating, and focusing on looking within, but I feel a little bit lost at the moment, like there is an important piece missing, or that I am forgetting something??
If you are feeling happy with the readings which you have given so far in the practice reading thread and the help and friendship which you have given many of the members of this online spiritual community, it could not even begin to come close to how delighted and amazed I am by what positive progress you have made in learning to value and respect yourself more during the relatively short period of time since you first registered. I have seen your self confidence growing by the day, and the feedback from other members has been better than I could have ever expected you to get so soon as you have.

But while you have come a long way towards learning to better love and understand yourself since your registration, it is clear from what you have told me here that there is still a long way for you to go before you will attain the level of inner peace with yourself which you are looking for. The closer you get to attain your spiritual goals, the more impatient you are becoming with yourself in getting it over with as fast as possible.

In a manner you are just as much frightened of success, as you are scared of failure. Like a drug addict, you have just got your positive emotional hit or buzz of the very satisfying feeling that your reading has helped somebody else in a way which nobody else can completely duplicate. But like an addict you want more of this feeling, and know that in order to get it your next reading will need to be better than any you have given up until now. That is "better" in your own understanding of the meaning of the word, as being closer to perfect.

Like any reader, you fear that your reading will not be understood, appreciated or of any real practical value in helping that person. This is totally understandable because people like us like to feel needed and useful. It would be dishonest of me to tell you that I do not enjoy receiving positive feedback about my reading and not continue to try to do even better next time.

I am myself constantly looking for ways to improve the accuracy, reliability and usefulness of my readings, but if I become so focused upon my performance as a reader that I lose the connection with the person who I am most trying to help, then even the best worded or impressive reading in the world is going o be wasted by my lack of empathy for that individual.

This admittedly short reading when compared to my usual extended efforts is basically saying that you need to focus less upon looking within for direction, and more outwards upon what other people are telling you about the quality and usefulness of the spiritual work which you do on these forums, reading or not a reading.

Rather than being performance driven, be people driven instead. I am not saying that you should not continue to look inwards during meditation some times, but I feel that the other members will respect your advice more and be more tolerant of your mistakes if they feel the human connection instead of you being a psychic slot machine where they put the questions in, and your answers come out.

In other words continue to make whatever improvements you are humanly and reasonably able to your readings, but focus more upon the person and correspondingly less upon constantly measuring and unfairly judging your performance as a reader as being inadequate. Also work to gradually overcome your fear of being too successful and people expecting you to have all the answers, as well as your fear of failure which is entirely human and a direct consequence of the intuitive signals often being so weak and vague that it is frequently very easy for us as readers to doubt whether they are what they appear to be, or are simply the product of our own fantasies, wishful thinking or fertile imagination.

The art of discernment or sorting out the  very weak psychic signals from the background static can only be learned from regular practice, and us obtaining feedback from our clients. If you are always looking inwards upon yourself and not focusing enough on what they tell you about themselves through their questions and their feedback after the reading is over, you are missing over 90% of the learning experience.

Reading is over 90% about listening to the other person in your heart, and reading between the lines. Less than 5% of a reading's value and worth to your querent is about what you or the reading is actually telling them. The process of reading is a close emotional energy connection with another vulnerable human being , and not some business arrangement or competition to see how smart or gifted we are compared to them.

is there anything that I can do to help lift my spiritual awareness?

YES, focus less upon yourself and upon your performance as a reader, and proportionally more upon the person and what they are telling you about themselves through everything which they write (and much more that you can only read between the lines). Try to find a more comfortable balance and efficient balance between focusing upon them and their needs, and focusing upon yourself and your needs. For the reading relationship to work to its fullest potential, both of you need to become better listeners to each others feelings, as well as to each others thoughts and words.

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi :)

EoT  :smt023

Spiritwhisperer

Re: Focus less upon yourself and upon your performance as a reader

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:02 pm

I am so glad I reached out to you, my dear friend, for this reading, but here is where I have to admit, that as soon as I posted this question, I was going to remove what I had written, as the words "there is going to be tears involved" came into my head and I wasn't sure what type of tears it was going to be (I should have known haha). But your response has clarified that, they were not tears of sadness, but tears of being understood. the realisation, that here I have found the insight that I felt I so badly needed from a friend that I know understand.

I am happy and surprised, with the feedback from readings and from yourself and all of it has helped me grow within myself, but yes you are right, there I feel there is a long way to go, I fear going backwards, but ironically enough that fear is probably preventing me from moving forward...  hmm, another thought for me to ponder.

i could address all that you have told me here, but just your words and the feelings behind them have enlightened me EoT,, and you given me hope and a way forward again, and I don't feel I have the right words to express how your reading has made me feel, and I am not normally a person who gets teary all that often, but the tears come from that feeling of clarity ,and  the realisation that you understood where I am coming from and with your words you have helped me find the way to move forward., with ever time I read what you have written, the words click in my head, and I understand them. I feel them. and I thank you.

Thank you from everything that I am.

Love light & hugs
SW
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

"be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Words between friends

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Dear SW, :)

I am also currently stumped with regards to finding the right words, to adequately express how your response made me feel.

Pretty darn good was about as close as I came to managing it. :smt002

Perhaps as you said it is better that we let sleeping words lie and that we should both move forwards together in the full knowledge that we are here to support each other, and that some feelings between friends are simply too precious and too sacred to be entrusted to clumsy words.

Clearly I am not the only person in the world who has problems satisfactorily expressing what he feels in his heart about his friend, as confirmed by the following poem which I discovered when I was looking around for the right words to encapsulate all the positive feelings which swept over me like a tsunami, when I read your heartfelt response.

The only conditions which I wish place upon how far I am willing to go to demonstrate my friendship to you is that I do not have enough energy to be able to climb one mountain, let alone thousands of them, and that I swim like a stone.

"To My Best Friend" - -to my best friend jake-  [Author unknown]

http://www.boardofwisdom.com/togo/Quote ... f2P_vK2BFs
I was sitting here thinking
of the words I want to say,
but they just wouldn't come out right
so I found a different way

I got a piece of paper
and I wrote this poem for you,
but there's no way to thank you
for everything you do

Loving regards,

EoT Image