Photo's on My Blog

Having a problem with your computer? Not being able to post? Not being able to register? Let the Mystic Board tech team help you.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MoonGoddess

Photo's on My Blog

Post by MoonGoddess » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:44 am

Hi computer numpty here, I have tried to upload photos on to my blog.  Resize them so they would be allowed to go on but when they are uploaded the BBC doesn't open.  Here is one of them to show you what it does.

Is there anything else I have to do to the image before uploading so it is able be viewed?
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

reichild

Post by reichild » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:08 pm

Hiya don't know if you know this already but if the photo's are off yr pc (and not the net) then you need to first upload them to a website such as image shack (i think this is what most people here use) otherwise if you cant for some reason get image shack pm me and i will direct you to one that i use. :-)
rechild

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi MoonGoddess

There are two steps involved for integrating graphics to a blog.  I will discuss the method I use:

1.  Upload to the internet.

This assumes your graphics are already on your PC from your camera.  Go to: http://www.imageshack.us/
and click browse.  Navigate through the explorer like options to find your image,  then click on the image file (so it is highlighted) then click open.  When you're back at the imageshack page click the Host it! button.

You will get a lot of code on the next page.  You want to use the text in Direct Link to Image.  Highlight the text in there and press CTRL and C at the same time.

2.  Go to your blog, and then do a CTRL and V at the same time.  For the example I just did, this is what is pasted in (your image name will be different, of course):

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8499/thorr1yq7.jpg

To prepare it for use in the blog you have to put Image after it, like so.

I have spaces between Image and the filename.  That will make the text show up on screen and not as the actual image I want to display.  If I remove the spaces, then Image

becomes

The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

jallious

Post by jallious » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:44 pm

or use an Image code from photobucket.com
Trust your own feelings, never anyone else's.

reichild

Post by reichild » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:09 am

WOW!!! Thats an awesome pic Earl, when we have moved (fully) into our new house i want pic like that on my walls
rechild

MoonGoddess

Thank you very much

Post by MoonGoddess » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:52 am

I use to be alright with computers but they seem to change daily with what you can do with them.  Great picture of Thor!  Soon my blogs will no longer be meaningless blurbs.

I don't find them to be meaningless, MoonG.  Looking forward to see what you do with yours!

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:52 pm

reichild wrote:WOW!!! Thats an awesome pic Earl, when we have moved (fully) into our new house i want pic like that on my walls
Hi Rei, how is the move coming along?  Is it a long move, like 50 miles or km between locations?  Or is it local so you can take stuff over on a whim (hopefully the latter?) Yeah, I guess it is a pretty cool image.  You're probably skilled where you could probably paint something like that I bet.  Reminds me that I need some more Norse art in my place.  Single poster of Freya, while nice, is not enough!  I should look for a poster to do with the runes.  Oh, well, let us know how the move is going!
- The Havamal, verse 26

reichild

Post by reichild » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi Rei, how is the move coming along?  Is it a long move, like 50 miles or km between locations?  Or is it local so you can take stuff over on a whim (hopefully the latter?)

It is local, but i had to give 3 weeks notice from this house first, then give bond etc for the next before i can start to move our stuff. once i do start i have to start to pay rent there as well. so best i pack every thing, clean, etc before i start taking stuff there. Still packing, gardening, mowing lawns...

Yeah, I guess it is a pretty cool image.  You're probably skilled where you could probably paint something like that I bet.

Umm no  :smt037  i am not a good painter sadly, im more of a crafter.  

Reminds me that I need some more Norse art in my place.  Single poster of Freya, while nice, is not enough!  I should look for a poster to do with the runes.  Oh, well, let us know how the move is going![/quote]

I will thanks

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:18 pm

Well, hope all goes well with the move.  3 weeks at least gives you time to get ready, I suppose.  There's always so many memories to pack.  Over the years I threw out so many memories (instead of packing them and not always having 3 weeks) so I hope you don't make the mistakes I made.
- The Havamal, verse 26

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Thu May 10, 2007 12:50 am

Hi, how does one go about deleting a photo on the blog that hasn't fully downloaded?
thanks

Return to “Tech Forum”