Message overlapping

Having a problem with your computer? Not being able to post? Not being able to register? Let the Mystic Board tech team help you.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

pirbid

Message overlapping

Post by pirbid » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:16 pm

I was just browsing the latest post in the Dream forum and I came across one answered by Eye of Tiger today (Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:40 am, that's what it says). The original post was called "Dreaming of Jesus". It should be easy to find.

Well, on Eye of Tiger's first answer, overlapping the end of his text, I can see a message in Spanish. I will try to translate as best as I can, since I am not well up on computer vocabulary:

"The author of this page is a scoundrel!
He/she steels my band width by not copying the images that he/she finds in her/his site"

I have no idea what the message may mean: it is way too technical. I also have no idea whether you can all see it or whether it is something on my local net, since it is written in Spanish.

Can anyone tell me if they can see it too and what it may be about? I am quite perplexed, I had never encountered anything like it.  :smt017

Thank you  :)

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=45292

This is the link to the thread (I think: I am a bit hopeless in the web  :smt003 )

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:16 pm

Thanks Pirbid I have flagged it up  :)  Don't forget to use the Report Innapropriate post link on the left which will mean that the first mod online will deal with it :)

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:21 pm

Thank you, Gem, that's a relief. I did think of it, but I did not want anybody to think that it was Eye of Tiger's the inappropriate post, so I did it this other way. Now I'll know how to go about it next time, although I hope there aren't any more of these.  :smt004
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:08 pm

It is something that can happen when we links direct to other sites and not go around a "host site" solution.
Then each time anyone view our post we draw on this sites transfer quota, which can lead to a higher price for the owner.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:18 pm

:smt017 Huh? I assume you are talking about the difference between using Imageshack or some such site in order to post images, or not using it, although I thought this wasn't a possibility here. Once I learned how to post my images through Imageshack, I cannot think of any other way to do it. However, the rest escapes me. Does it have anything to do with Eye of Tiger's post or is it something totally alien to it?

Just curious, I am really uneducated in these matters. Sorry to bore you with details and thank you for trying to make me understand, Rhuto.  :)
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Return to “Tech Forum”