The sound of one hand clapping...!

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rohiniranjan

The sound of one hand clapping...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:29 am

Dear Friends,

Although for most of my 40+ years of personal path in Jyotish, I hold much fondness for Tropical astrology which is based on a very different zodiacal orientation: one closer to the earth where we live and experience astrology. For tropical zodiac is oriented to the Seasons. First point of Aries is where Spring begins! At least in the Northern Hemisphere where most human beings live. Although this does not mean that we do not love our Australian brethren and those living in South America, deep deep in the south!

Truth be told, when I embarked on my path for this life, astrology, when I moved from palmistry to Jyotish (I was growing up in India back then and Jyotish was more readily available), it completely flummoxed me! I gave it up and then I found 'Dictionary of Astrology', written by a tropical astrologer and suddenly it clicked! The music of the Spheres! I then was ready for Jyotish (Indian Astrology) and so I have always and still do a fondness for Tropical astrology, as I have publicly expressed in my many writings etc. Then I had the fortune of participating as a member and then administrator on the New Age Forum on Compuserve (there were two fora actually because in early 90's with the Great Conjunction of the OUTERS, New Age was BIG! I met many tropical and western sidereal astrologers, cyber-met that is, and was impressed by their knowledge and depth of understanding, including those who followed the Ebertinian system and the Humanist Astrologers. Including that Giant and Powerhouse that a very dear friend (almost like my Guru, Charles B.) introduced me to: That wonderful and deep human being who wrote "Planetarization of Consciousness!". I am sure I do not have to say that Great Man's name, since you all know him well! Though he did not speak my astrological language, superficially speaking, it inculcated in me the respect for there being a DEEP truth that human beings inherited and now it is up to us to work as a team or in fragmented manner!

Neither the left nor the right hand really knows everything, though we make such a big deal out of 'handed-ness'! And interestingly, unless you are deep into ZEN, for most of us, one hand alone cannot CLAP!

Love, Light, Reality,
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

AllIsOne

Post by AllIsOne » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:29 am

Dear Rohiniranjan,
What happened to the cats melon helmet.Did hunger drive him to eat it? :)
I hadn't thought of that in the list of captions for the cat.
"an easy way to carry a snack-wear it. :)
                                             Fare-well,Steve

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:33 am

AllIsOne wrote:Dear Rohiniranjan,
                                             Fare-well,Steve
Nice caption, show that the Brain is working :)

Here is my caption for my hat...

It is my cooling system, and make me able to be calm in most heated debates :) Sometimes the juice dry up though...and when that has happen...thunder and lightning has arrived.....then I put my helmet in water for a week, and it last for another month :)

So no, RRji and Rhutobello aren't the same person..in fact we are almost on opposite side of the globe...he has far more knowledge then me in these issues....I am only one who love to discuss...and maybe point to the other side of the coin...now and then :)

AllIsOne

Post by AllIsOne » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:47 am

I must need new glasses.While both of you have good taste in companions,
I apparently can no longer discern between cats.

Notes for next life:No Saturn on the ASC
                          Better eye's
                          Better hearing
                          Better ankles

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:37 am

AllIsOne wrote:I must need new glasses.While both of you have good taste in companions,
I apparently can no longer discern between cats.

Notes for next life:No Saturn on the ASC
                          Better eye's
                          Better hearing
                          Better ankles
Both of us? :-) You must be seeing double <LOL>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:43 am

Rhutobello wrote:
AllIsOne wrote:Dear Rohiniranjan,
                                             Fare-well,Steve
Nice caption, show that the Brain is working :)

Here is my caption for my hat...

It is my cooling system, and make me able to be calm in most heated debates :) Sometimes the juice dry up though...and when that has happen...thunder and lightning has arrived.....then I put my helmet in water for a week, and it last for another month :)

So no, RRji and Rhutobello aren't the same person..in fact we are almost on opposite side of the globe...he has far more knowledge then me in these issues....I am only one who love to discuss...and maybe point to the other side of the coin...now and then :)
Oh I see where our friend Steven got confused! :-)

Grandpa, I think of you as the shot of 'common sense' in the arm,that seems to be draining out of the field of 'divination', generally! ;-)

Love, Light, Reality!

RasAlgethi

Re: The sound of one hand clapping...!

Post by RasAlgethi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear Friends,

Although for most of my 40+ years of personal path in Jyotish, I hold much fondness for Tropical astrology which is based on a very different zodiacal orientation: one closer to the earth where we live and experience astrology. For tropical zodiac is oriented to the Seasons. First point of Aries is where Spring begins! At least in the Northern Hemisphere where most human beings live. Although this does not mean that we do not love our Australian brethren and those living in South America, deep deep in the south!

Truth be told, when I embarked on my path for this life, astrology, when I moved from palmistry to Jyotish (I was growing up in India back then and Jyotish was more readily available), it completely flummoxed me! I gave it up and then I found 'Dictionary of Astrology', written by a tropical astrologer and suddenly it clicked! The music of the Spheres! I then was ready for Jyotish (Indian Astrology) and so I have always and still do a fondness for Tropical astrology, as I have publicly expressed in my many writings etc. Then I had the fortune of participating as a member and then administrator on the New Age Forum on Compuserve (there were two fora actually because in early 90's with the Great Conjunction of the OUTERS, New Age was BIG! I met many tropical and western sidereal astrologers, cyber-met that is, and was impressed by their knowledge and depth of understanding, including those who followed the Ebertinian system and the Humanist Astrologers. Including that Giant and Powerhouse that a very dear friend (almost like my Guru, Charles B.) introduced me to: That wonderful and deep human being who wrote "Planetarization of Consciousness!". I am sure I do not have to say that Great Man's name, since you all know him well! Though he did not speak my astrological language, superficially speaking, it inculcated in me the respect for there being a DEEP truth that human beings inherited and now it is up to us to work as a team or in fragmented manner!

Neither the left nor the right hand really knows everything, though we make such a big deal out of 'handed-ness'! And interestingly, unless you are deep into ZEN, for most of us, one hand alone cannot CLAP!

Love, Light, Reality,
Sure it can, its just rather soft; not exactly uproarious thunder, but not exactly crickets either.

And interestingly, unless you are deep into ZEN, for most of us, one hand alone cannot CLAP!

Love, Light, Reality,[/quote]

Return to “Western Astrology”