questions about astrology

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

CACTUSJACKmankin

questions about astrology

Post by CACTUSJACKmankin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:57 pm

what's the premise behind it? how does it work? what is the force/energy behind it? how do you know this force/energy affects people the way u think it does? how is it consistent with regular astronomical observations if at all? what can i learn about myself?

may 3rd, 1984
if that helps.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:52 am

are you serious?
Then I recommend course, books, schools.....but not a forum...because you will never know the sources behind the info given...and can end up by learning the wrong thing.

astrologer50

Re: questions about astrology

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:48 pm

CACTUSJACKmankin wrote:what's the premise behind it? how does it work? what is the force/energy behind it? how do you know this force/energy affects people the way u think it does? how is it consistent with regular astronomical observations if at all? what can i learn about myself?
may 3rd, 1984
if that helps.
You can learn everything you want to know basically. There are free online Lessons here to.

Amongst other things, astrology is a wonderful tool for understanding yourself and others better.....enabling us to make better choices in life as we become aware of how our behaviour influences what happens to us through the law of cause and effect. Astrology does not reliably predict the future.......But it can provide an excellent insight into the psychological make-up of people, enabling us to accurately predict their behaviour and it's resultant effects

If you intend to learn about astrology, you will need to begin with a natal chart, it need not necessarily be your own, but many choose to begin this way, in an effort to better understand their own life journey, and purpose. Astrological natal charts are as individual as a persons ‘fingerprints’ depending on where (latitude & longitude) and time of birth. It is important to get your *time of your birth* as this is the most important information.

Pappy1985

Post by Pappy1985 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:35 am

Astrology is about time, and the way i see things, many people are studying astrology without knowing what exactly is the power behind it. I know its definetely time, because it is the factor all is subject to, and by studying the consistent heavenly bodies we are just creating stationary landmarks in a desert. Its is not about the energies of the heavenly bodies affecting us directly, that is just a consequence. This is very little but it is an underlying fact.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:00 pm

Pappy1985 wrote:Astrology is about time, and the way i see things, many people are studying astrology without knowing what exactly is the power behind it. I know its definetely time, because it is the factor all is subject to, and by studying the consistent heavenly bodies we are just creating stationary landmarks in a desert. Its is not about the energies of the heavenly bodies affecting us directly, that is just a consequence. This is very little but it is an underlying fact.
Actually 'time' is an illusion. There is now 'power' behind astrology, same as their is no power behind astronomy. All about symbolisms and planetary energies.

The only time that IS important is your birth time, problem is many people don't know and it can be hard to rectify a chart....  :smt003

Return to “Western Astrology”