Me and My mother cannot get along

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

crounsa810

Me and My mother cannot get along

Post by crounsa810 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:53 am

I don't know why but we do not get along very well. She's just kinda crazy. She isn't consistent with anything and she keeps trying to baby me even though I'm an adult now. She can all of a sudden go into a horrible mood and have a temper tantrum like a 5 year old. Do we just not get along b/c of our signs? If so, why is that?

cnyelie

Post by cnyelie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:10 am

Hi,
I don't think it is the horoscope problem..just wondering how old is your mum? Is
she undergoing menopause.....sometimes women go crazy during this period.

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:01 am

Dear Crounsa810,

You mentioned that She is a Pisces and you are a Leo. Technically speaking Leos are dynamic and full of energy. Also at the age of 18 we all ( atleast most of us ) are actually like that.On a positive side the age for being adventurous and trying out new things...say full of life. However they tend to be a bit fixed about their ideas and thoughts.( Fixed sign)

Pisces on the other hand are pretty adaptive, introvert and gentle. Also she is a mother and at her age these features automatically become enhanced.

So Leo/Pisces could be quite a different personality all together. But to say that you actually dont get along because of your Sunsign would be totally a false statement. There would be other factors dependent like your chart and hers. Like Cnyelie said it could be that she undergoing menopause ( hormonal and Pisces ) or something else...or maybe its just a phase :)

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:16 am

There's a very excellent book out called "healing mother daughter realtionships through astrology" by Maritha Pottenger.  You might look it up.

astrologer50

Pisces/Leo are Inconjunct signs apart

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:03 pm

Im not at all surprised you dont get on cos there will always be something at the core level of values/beleifs that may never gel.

Pisces is notoriously dreamy, restless (mutable sign) indecisive, like gemini and libra and all the world and its wife usually takes their problems to Pisces looking for a bit of tea and sympathy. One of the most common signs, always wanting to sacrifice part of its life/self to others.....

Leo, lots pride, sometimes arrogance, wants to be centre of attention etc.

My sun sign Taurus is 150' away from Sagg in exact degree strengthening the quincunx and I know we'll never understand what makes the other tick... :smt008

mlj.awake

Changing a parents views

Post by mlj.awake » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:17 am

Hey Crounsa810,

Sometimes its hard for a parent to change their view of their children. Your mother is always going to have a differing outlook to you because she may be trying to hold on to how you used to be and not accepting your new changes.

Though you are both strongly intuitive signs (you go by your "gut feelings") your right in saying that you have a lot of apposing attributes.

Though there are always things that signs have in common, no signs are purely enemies. You may find in your birth chart that you may even be part Pisces in some area (or that your mum might be part Leo in another) and you might be able to find a connection that way.

Pisces are not known to be bold but they have a strong like to be involved though usually from the background, whereas Leos are known to love the limelight as the all-powerful lions.

This is a good way of describing both your emotions (which is where I assume both you and your mother clash majorly). Another way to word it would be that Pisces love to be loved, whereas Leos love to express their love or take the bench of "I don't want to go there". Therefore you may always clash with your views on expressing your feelings as you have to realize that Pisces emotions are on their sleeve and can easily be hurt, and Leos are known to sometimes forget feelings in there forcefulness because they are born with a strong sense of themselves.

On the reversal though, Leos need to feel appreciated from others to know that they are maintaining their own sense of understanding, so maybe you need to show your appreciation for each other without words - as you say that shes inconsistent with what she feels. And there's no point starting a war because it sounds like you get the emotional backlash from it.

Usually when someone hits a time in their life when they receive their first Saturn return (though it can differ, the first stage is usually from the age of 16-24), you take a look at yourself and try to work out what parts of you that you want to expand on start to initiate these changes within yourself. You may have seen a growing pattern in the last few years of you and your mum beginning to fight more and have less things in common, because you are growing into yourself and bringing out more hidden elements in your leo personality.

Maybe it's time to ground yourself or to look deeper into your mothers tantrums and to see what may be causing them.

Good luck.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:03 am

fionawu

you can get help here

Post by fionawu » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:40 am

Hi maybe you can get help from akashic records:
akashicrecords-tarot.com

web lnks edited.... moderator

kel303

Post by kel303 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:00 am

omg, i run into the same problem with my leo dad. and i'm a pisces.

from what i've gathered, pisces and leo are the worst match ever. there is the fact that pisces is a water sign and leo is a fire sign. also, pisces is the fish and leo is the lion. can we get any different? this is not an 'opposites attract' thing. we're simply too different!

henry13860

Post by henry13860 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:19 am

Im leo too,
But perhaps what one needs to do is elevate their humanity above their zondiac. Yes humans can do that.
henry

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:34 am

henry13860 wrote:Im leo too,
But perhaps what one needs to do is elevate their humanity above their zondiac. Yes humans can do that.
To make such a  :smt005 statement is laughable and suggests you know very little about astrology or natal charts....

This is the 'deck of cards' you chose or were dealt from birth, you are this energy and give out and attract back everything from this 'photograph, still, picture in time' of where the 10 planets were, lat & long where you were born!

Return to “Western Astrology”