Astrological Spirituality

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Crow

Post by Crow » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:51 am

:smt006

Dessa,

Wow thank you for sharing all of this.  Perhaps this would also be good to share in a seperate thread for those interested with the Rosicrucian Fellowship. Those who do not visit the Astrology part of this forum. But where would that fall under?  Seems to be that they covered many areas!!  This is all so wonderful to read. Again thank you for sharing.

Safe Journey

dessa

Post by dessa » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:17 am

thanks for the kind words and I have printed until I ran out of ink to read in bed, or take with me when going somewhere, as well.

As for the Astrology, I don't really know much about Vedic, Mom read Linda Goodman when we were kids, but to me one view point is not enough though I do think Love Signs is great for understanding how not just romantic or male female relationship can work together but also how the signs interact.

Grandma[dad's mom] , Dad, and I are Libra's and my Mom, sister, and sister's daughter are all Aries.

But with me there seemed to be a lot of things that fit more of a fire sign, lol later I learned about moon and rising signs, and realized the parts that fit the fire sign seemed to fit the Leo Rising.

Oddly enough a math teacher kind of made me view astrology different, he said he didn't know if it was one thing or another, but as a scientist and a mathamatician he had to at least consider something that would need such careful calculations should be looked at with open mind.

I am still learning there is a limit a person can learn with out someone to have a dialog with.

I have recently learned that there is such as thing as a Part of Fortuna and a Part of Karma, though I am still working on understanding what it means.

Since I don't consider the source I learned it from, is as informed as I would like. But the book was interesting enough.

Perhaps you can help or should I start a new topic for the question, what is a Vertex?

dessa

Post by dessa » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:19 am

Crow, thanks for the kind words, not sure where I would put the info on the Rosicrucians perhaps spirituality, philosophy, general discussion?
while astromedicine is alternate healing there is not really a subheading that would fit?

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:47 pm

Wow Dessa,

Just read all about Rosicrucians!!! Seems like a religious cult. I guess I will have to check out their website.

Thanks a million,

Rishiahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Ms_Guided Angel

Post by Ms_Guided Angel » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Most interesting information and can't wait to learn more!
A friend is one who overlooks your broken down gate and admires the flowers in your garden.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Western astrology cannot predict with 100% accuracy when you will get married, have a child, predict the lottery. Horary astrology can however answer questions like this, but NOT natal astrology....

Amongst other things, astrology is a wonderful tool for understanding yourself and others better.....enabling us to make better choices in life as we become aware of how our behaviour influences what happens to us through the law of cause and effect. Astrology does not reliably predict the future.......But it can provide an excellent insight into the psychological make-up of people, enabling us to accurately predict their behaviour and it's resultant effects

If you intend to learn about astrology, you will need to begin with a natal chart, it need not necessarily be your own, but many choose to begin this way, in an effort to better understand their own life journey, and purpose. Astrological natal charts are as individual as a persons ‘fingerprints’ depending on where (latitude & longitude) and time of birth. It is important to get your *time of your birth* as this is the most important information.

In the beginning of Liz Greene's (famous prolific author on astrology), “Astrology for Lover's” book there is a good chapter on What astrology can and can't do.
“Astrology is baffling because it works. So, what in fact is a horoscope?
What it's not is a way of foretelling the future, or of determining whether that tall dark stranger will turn up next week. To put it briefly the horoscope is a map of the psyche of the individual. it's a kind of blueprint, a seed plan, a model of the energies and drives which make up a person. Because it's calculated precisely for time and place, it's unique, unlike the sun sign column. Even identical twins are born at least four minutes apart, and in four minutes the picture has shifted.”

There are broadly speaking two main branches Astrologers fall into, Horary and natal Astrologers (but if you look at main index you will see lots more, like vocational, electional, mundane etc) will look at questions throughout different forums using techniques like Secondary Progressions, Solar Arcs, Transits, Solar returns, which can take years of studying, research and practise.

Return to “Western Astrology”