So many transits!!

For western astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Bazza270577

So many transits!!

Post by Bazza270577 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to develop my knowledge and understanding of astrology over the last few weeks. One thing I've learned is that there are so many aspects happening all the time, both generally and with regards to my natal chart (I've worked out that for July 2012 there are 49 different aspects of planets transiting my natal chart!!)

Now I've read that an aspect can be as much as 10 degrees orb (by the way does that mean 10 degrees either side or altogether - ie 5 degrees either side. In any case I've been going with the 10 either side rule and it just seems too many...) And is it better to limit your attention to transiting planets that are actually going to 'touch' a natal planet in a chart (I've been considering some retrograde transits such as Saturn that get close but change direction before the 'touch')?

Also, houses are confusing me a bit because there seems to be a difference between solar houses and natal houses. For example when Neptune moved into Pisces earlier this year the sun sign horoscopes said it was 'moving into my house of career'. However I know that Neptune actually moved into my 1st house when it was at 20"16 Aquarius which was a while ago now.

And lastly for now (lol!!) what do people think about considering asteroids (such as Ceres and Pallas) when studying transits? (I'm not going to get started on fixed stars - Aldebaran etc yet, even though I'm very much attracted to the idea...)

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi,

Why don't you concentrate between 5 & 10 degrees of orb, since you came around to them.  
Research with them, & arrive at asteroids later.

If you post  your birthtime, not for a future reading, but something personal to your chart in the reading forum, the readers can say better, and has the option of readings to follow too could be helpful for all.

Of course, add your comments too

RishiRahul

jdezola

Post by jdezola » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:50 pm

Yeah... I know exactly what are you talking about and that's why I lost interest in astrology. I spent many years studying and exploring, buying books trying to figure it all out. I gave myself a lot of time and still don't understand most of it. I found website astro.com, where I got comprehensive birth chart interpretation, short version, free of charge of course. There are other reports as well so once you combine all of them it looks pretty good.
I tried even some astrology software but then I got confused like never before. I was looking at all those planets and transients wondering how is it possible all of them have to do something with Me in this or that particular moment.

I was sure there is simple way to learn astrology. I haven't find one yet :)  maybe it's not meant for me to have understanding or full knowledge of it.

There is a college for Astrology ... knowing that it seems that subject is quite complex and requires studying on many levels including classes given by professional astrologers.
The more I knew the less I understood. Over time my interest was less and less and now I don't even read my horoscope anymore.

Wish you'll find the answers you're looking for :)

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Personally, I would be looking for asteriods to find the psychology of a person's mind, more than other predictive things.
This is my present belief, though!!

You seem to be family oriented, with issues in finance; more of a team player than a loner.
So go slow in your studies and dont hurry too much.

RishiRahul

astrologer50

Re: So many transits!!

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Bazza270577 wrote:Hello,

I've been trying to develop my knowledge and understanding of astrology over the last few weeks. One thing I've learned is that there are so many aspects happening all the time, both generally and with regards to my natal chart (I've worked out that for July 2012 there are 49 different aspects of planets transiting my natal chart!!)

Now I've read that an aspect can be as much as 10 degrees orb (by the way does that mean 10 degrees either side or altogether - ie 5 degrees either side. In any case I've been going with the 10 either side rule and it just seems too many...) And is it better to limit your attention to transiting planets that are actually going to 'touch' a natal planet in a chart (I've been considering some retrograde transits such as Saturn that get close but change direction before the 'touch')?

Also, houses are confusing me a bit because there seems to be a difference between solar houses and natal houses. For example when Neptune moved into Pisces earlier this year the sun sign horoscopes said it was 'moving into my house of career'. However I know that Neptune actually moved into my 1st house when it was at 20"16 Aquarius which was a while ago now.

And lastly for now (lol!!) what do people think about considering asteroids (such as Ceres and Pallas) when studying transits? (I'm not going to get started on fixed stars - Aldebaran etc yet, even though I'm very much attracted to the idea...)
10' orb is WAY WAY too wide and its ONLY astro.com default that uses this.
I use 1' approaching 1' exact and 1' departing..

All transits simply act as background influences until they make a mathematical aspect to another planet or angle ie: Ascendant and Midheaven.

learn about transits
http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologylovers ... b86c5cba1e
learn how to read an ephemeris, the glyphs are the shorthand for signs/planets
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/sh ... hp?t=42496

Return to “Western Astrology”