Which is the house (astrologically!) for the 2nd and subsequent spouses?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Which is the house (astrologically!) for the 2nd and subsequent spouses?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Dear All,

I tried asking this question in a *melting pot* jyotishi forum (very HOT!) with no avail!

Question was simple:
First spouse is seen from the 7th house (and other indicators but my focus was just the house!)
Second and subsequent from which house/houses?

I have heard of 1 view, that recommends 8th (termination) from 7th (2nd) and then the ninth (3rd spouse) houses.

As usual, folks got distracted and began talking about morality, polygamyand one strongly said that first wife is the only real wife and all subsequent ones are extramarital affairs!

After making it clear that we are talking about sequential marriages (legitimate) after the death of first spouse or a divorce. These are naturally very real and not infrequent happenings in most modern communities and do not carry taboos that seem to affect certain folks.

Together with moderator trying to prevent flame wars (a few were going on since mars was in debility and even before that!) and controlling message publication and getting a bit boggled by several other things, communication and conversations turned into a fish market, if I may use that arcane but very apt analogy and expression!

So I thought I would try it here and hopefully get some saner and useful answers to the simple and very relevant (in modern social times!) question.

Allons-y!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

(let us try to avoid western systems and tropical zodiac etc, just to reduce this from becoming confusing!)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Certain

Post by Certain » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:51 am

I have heard the same as well that second house is 2nd spouse and 9th house as third spouse. In short of any other alternative theory , I have tried to use it. I have found few things always true like any kroora graha in second house delays second marriage. I have seen quite a few with same result. Which makes me believe that second house or aspect of 8th house has something to do with second marriage. I can not rule out either. Second house occupants delaying by the house position of second marriage or if not may be aspect to 8th house delaying foundation of second-to-seventh.
I have seen people with Saturn , Rahu , Mars , Sun in second house having late second marriage. To be fair , I have seen same planets occupying 8th house doing same (aspect to second house). I can share data of couple of horoscopes if some one likes.
Second/eighth axis has certainly something to do with the second marriage.
Haven't seen any case with third marriage so far.
As such on plain grounds of analysis, I certainly had an objection to the theory of termination house '8th to 7th' - as second spouse , as it disturbs the alignment of native wrt houses. Ist is polar opposite or balancing factor of 7th house but 2nd or 9th aren't opposite of 1st. Barbara Pijan recommends taking self from 7th to corresponding house( like 8th house is your self when 2nd marriage takes place, which I dont like the idea of. You cant shift polarity for second marriage / third. )
Rasi chart can have this explanation but what about D9 or D7 that is another dimension of question for second/third spouse.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Which is the house (astrologically!) for the 2nd and subsequent spouses?

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:41 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear All,

I tried asking this question in a *melting pot* jyotishi forum (very HOT!) with no avail!

Question was simple:
First spouse is seen from the 7th house (and other indicators but my focus was just the house!)

I have heard of 1 view, that recommends 8th (termination) from 7th (2nd) and then the ninth (3rd spouse) houses.

As usual, folks got distracted and began talking about morality, polygamyand one strongly said that first wife is the only real wife and all subsequent ones are extramarital affairs!

After making it clear that we are talking about sequential marriages (legitimate) after the death of first spouse or a divorce. These are naturally very real and not infrequent happenings in most modern communities and do not carry taboos that seem to affect certain folks.

Together with moderator trying to prevent flame wars (a few were going on since mars was in debility and even before that!) and controlling message publication and getting a bit boggled by several other things, communication and conversations turned into a fish market, if I may use that arcane but very apt analogy and expression!

So I thought I would try it here and hopefully get some saner and useful answers to the simple and very relevant (in modern social times!) question.

Allons-y!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

(let us try to avoid western systems and tropical zodiac etc, just to reduce this from becoming confusing!)

Dada,

An interesting question!

I too have noticed heard & noticed that the 8th. to the 7th= 2nd. marriage.
&
The 8th. to that=9th. is the 3rd. marriage.

Literature says that this also should be seen from D9. But with very few cases available & the challenge of correct birth time= I have not tested this.

Also tested is= UL & 8th. from UL etc.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Certain

Post by Certain » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:21 pm

I will post some charts with the delay in second marriage with Kroora graha in second house in the evening.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Which is the house (astrologically!) for the 2nd and subsequent spouses?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:48 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear All,

Question was simple:

Allons-y!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

An interesting question!

I too have noticed heard & noticed that the 8th. to the 7th= 2nd. marriage.
&
The 8th. to that=9th. is the 3rd. marriage.

Literature says that this also should be seen from D9. But with very few cases available & the challenge of correct birth time= I have not tested this.

Also tested is= UL & 8th. from UL etc.

Rishi
Yes me too, but I wanted the discussion to start simple, without involving too many factors, at first. Since this is an examination and not a reading we are doing. Too many factors can get confusing, for those who do not typically feel comfortable with or use the padas and karakas etc as described by Parashara and Jaimini. But they are vitally important, and so is D9, of course.

The rationale behind my choosing to focus first on the houses in kshetra varga is: Lagna does portray the nativity, 4th the mother, 5th the progeny (and 7th and 9th thereafter in the sequence of siblings), 9th the father, 11th the sibling (and 3rd too for younger ones), in most cases, So also 7th the spouse, but many individuals do remarry! It is a fact of life in the culture and country I live in.

{Certain: Not replying to you separately, but thanks in advance for sharing the charts/birthdata!}.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:00 pm

Certain wrote:I have heard the same as well that second house is 2nd spouse and 9th house as third spouse. In short of any other alternative theory , I have tried to use it. I have found few things always true like any kroora graha in second house delays second marriage. I have seen quite a few with same result. Which makes me believe that second house or aspect of 8th house has something to do with second marriage. I can not rule out either. Second house occupants delaying by the house position of second marriage or if not may be aspect to 8th house delaying foundation of second-to-seventh.
I have seen people with Saturn , Rahu , Mars , Sun in second house having late second marriage. To be fair , I have seen same planets occupying 8th house doing same (aspect to second house). I can share data of couple of horoscopes if some one likes.
Haven't seen any case with third marriage so far. Richard Burton and Liz Taylor perhaps?
As such on plain grounds of analysis, I certainly had an objection to the theory of termination house '8th to 7th' - as second spouse , as it disturbs the alignment of native wrt houses. Ist is polar opposite or balancing factor of 7th house but 2nd or 9th aren't opposite of 1st. Barbara Pijan recommends taking self from 7th to corresponding house( like 8th house is your self when 2nd marriage takes place, which I dont like the idea of. You cant shift polarity for second marriage / third. )
Rasi chart can have this explanation but what about D9 or D7 that is another dimension of question for second/third spouse.
Sorry, I missed reading this posting/response first (some important planet must be retrograde in transit for me ;-)  !

I am changing the font colour to green in your sharing. I am not clear I understood the segment. If you find time, please elaborate a bit more :-)
The rationale behind the polarity, if that is what was bothering you and changing the house of nativity with each marriage is, at the first glance a bit confusing for me to swallow/absorb too! Mother is represented by 4th house but father by 9th house. I realize that that is a bit more complicated since Parashara attributes both the 10th and 9th to father. I always took that to mean that mother and father, with respect to nativity have a certain relationship (mother and father) but father is also the spouse of the mother (simple and regular cases and not Hollywood reality ;-) and so from their conjugal angle, the 10th would represent father. If Barbara is using that as the kick-off point for shifting the *balance* I am not sure how it will be utilized. A person does not really change all that much after a 2nd or subsequent marriages. Though the married life does change! Two different things though! Oh God, my head is hurting! <just kidding!>

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Certain

Post by Certain » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:43 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Certain wrote:I have heard the same as well that second house is 2nd spouse and 9th house as third spouse. In short of any other alternative theory , I have tried to use it. I have found few things always true like any kroora graha in second house delays second marriage. I have seen quite a few with same result. Which makes me believe that second house or aspect of 8th house has something to do with second marriage. I can not rule out either. Second house occupants delaying by the house position of second marriage or if not may be aspect to 8th house delaying foundation of second-to-seventh.
Haven't seen any case with third marriage so far. Richard Burton and Liz Taylor perhaps?
Sorry, I missed reading this posting/response first (some important planet must be retrograde in transit for me ;-)  !

I am changing the font colour to green in your sharing. I am not clear I understood the segment. If you find time, please elaborate a bit more :-)
The rationale behind the polarity, if that is what was bothering you and changing the house of nativity with each marriage is, at the first glance a bit confusing for me to swallow/absorb too! Mother is represented by 4th house but father by 9th house. I realize that that is a bit more complicated since Parashara attributes both the 10th and 9th to father. I always took that to mean that mother and father, with respect to nativity have a certain relationship (mother and father) but father is also the spouse of the mother (simple and regular cases and not Hollywood reality ;-) and so from their conjugal angle, the 10th would represent father. If Barbara is using that as the kick-off point for shifting the *balance* I am not sure how it will be utilized. A person does not really change all that much after a 2nd or subsequent marriages. Though the married life does change! Two different things though! Oh God, my head is hurting! <just kidding!>

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
You are right.
I meant ,  I did not personally have met anyone with third marriage so far.
About that paragraph I believe you understood it exactly what I wanted to say based on the what you have written.
I was trying to convey that according to Barbara (just to simplify), in reference to a second marriage , just for the relationship aspect , an aries lagna person will act from scorpio lagna as now second house is the ongoing spouse (only for the marriage point of view, not that we shift lagna for every other aspect of horoscope.

Please have a specific look at 2nd-8th house axis. I used Lahiri Ayanansha.

Now some hscope details without names..

Person A :
Jan 9 180 , 6:20 am Delhi    
First Divorce 2004-2005 , still unmarried , 1st marriage -dont remember exactly.

Person B : August 25 1973
time 9:15 am Rohtak
First marriage 2000 , first divorce 2003 ,
Second marriage 2009 , undergoing second divorce
had Mars in eigth house.

Person C:
NOV 22 1981
Delhi  12;20 am
Undergoing second divorce , second marriage 2012
first marriage 2006 , divorce 2007

Person D
July 5 1974
4:43 pm
Bhatinda

First marriage in early 2000s, marriage lasted less than one month and still single

Person E
MARCH 20 1975
9:30 pm
Delhi
Divorced since 7 years, first marriage year- don't know.

There are 5 of them. Will post more tomorrow.
Thanks.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:11 am

Dear Certain,

Do you have their DoM closer? By the month?? Not necessary if you do not, for the first cut (houses)! And who is married to whom?

For the house investigation, don't we need the hs of the spouses as well to see which houses of subject match best with the lagna etc of the spouses?

Call me impatient and greedy!

RR

Certain

Post by Certain » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:35 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear Certain,

Do you have their DoM closer? By the month?? Not necessary if you do not, for the first cut (houses)! And who is married to whom?

For the house investigation, don't we need the hs of the spouses as well to see which houses of subject match best with the lagna etc of the spouses?

RR
These are not couples. They are all separate 5 individuals who have no connection to one another. Unfortunately I don't have exact date of marriages for any one. I do not have horoscope of souses also except for one. I will post that tomorrow.
I never collected data for research purposes, my bad, would do that from now on.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:11 am

Certain wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear Certain,

RR
These are not couples. They are all separate 5 individuals who have no connection to one another. Unfortunately I don't have exact date of marriages for any one. I do not have horoscope of souses also except for one. I will post that tomorrow.
I never collected data for research purposes, my bad, would do that from now on.

Okay, I confess! Mea Culpa :-(

I kind of knew that but just wanted to make sure.

No problem at all. We always have Richard Burton and Liz in the public database!

They are kind of UNIQUE, because they divorced and reunited in holy matrimony, a few times!

I was not being superfluous when I mentioned those two!

We will get to the bottom of this, I am sure, if we astrologers dig and cut and dissect, ALL together!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:11 am

A question, if I may...

Do we look at different houses for subsequent jobs, careers, diseases?
Some do evaluate different houses for lower and higher education, but is it necessary really?
Marriage, whether, first or subsequent, is marriage.

Just pondering...

Votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:00 am

Votive wrote:A question, if I may...

Some do evaluate different houses for lower and higher education, but is it necessary really?

Just pondering...

Votive
We do not *ponder and wonder* when we find ourselves hapless in the midst of OCEAN, &nbsp;Votive candle_jee? ;-)

As LIFE OF PI teaches?

We simply pray and believe me, SHE WORKS WONDERS!

Sometimes, immediate reality feels otherwise and that is all okay too! ;-)

Love, Light, Reality

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Certain

Post by Certain » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:46 am

Just pondering...

Votive
Let us talk about relevant experiences and evidences here about what we are discussing to test the topic. Hardcore Astrology can not be substituted by our philosophy.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:08 pm

Certain wrote: ...
Let us talk about relevant experiences and evidences here about what we are discussing to test the topic. Hardcore Astrology can not be substituted by our philosophy.

Good Luck!! &nbsp;:smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Just pondering...

Votive
... but, seriously lot of people do remarry and so seeing different people (spouses) from a single house does pose problems, if not confusion.

In the same vein, and perhaps even more frequent are the instances of people having to find work in different sectors etc is fairly common. And many have to undergo retraining, advanced training, at times even in different sectors etc. So, even 3 and 9 or 4 and 9 as some utilize may not serve all the needs (training/education area). In the past it worked out, but society was a lot different and whether marriage or education or work, there used to more stability generally.

Modern astrologers would need to become more aware of these simple realities in life to complete the palette of human experience.

Anyways, that is what I think.

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”