Shayan-sukh or Shayan-suta...?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Shayan-sukh or Shayan-suta...?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:31 am

There is a belief amongst jyotishis that the 12th house represents Shayan-sukh. Often translated as bed-pleasures which then gets understood as sexual pleasure. Some folks with more 'tamer' imaginations insist that that is far-fetched and really the 12th house represents the quality of sleep or the type of bed and other physical surroundings (meaning, your bedroom is not next to a busy street, or near a firestation or train station or railway-track etc (ambient noise gets in the way of peaceful sleep!).

I often wondered if it was not Shayan-sukh but Shayan-suta (progeny of sleep)! Dreams are recognized as 'products' of the subconscious mind which is represented by the 8th house - the randhra (with other meanings etc too, but hidden is the general acceptance of VIII).

The fifth from eighth is the 12th. Hence, my reason for suggesting that the 12th is where we perhaps study the nature of dreams because it is where the screen is on which the image of the 8th (subconscious) is projected! Just as the child is the projection of the parent! The thought is now up and out for the grabbing and playing with it...

Love and Light!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Shayan-sukh or Shayan-suta...?

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:There is a belief amongst jyotishis that the 12th house represents Shayan-sukh. Often translated as bed-pleasures which then gets understood as sexual pleasure. Some folks with more 'tamer' imaginations insist that that is far-fetched and really the 12th house represents the quality of sleep or the type of bed and other physical surroundings (meaning, your bedroom is not next to a busy street, or near a firestation or train station or railway-track etc (ambient noise gets in the way of peaceful sleep!).

I often wondered if it was not Shayan-sukh but Shayan-suta (progeny of sleep)! Dreams are recognized as 'products' of the subconscious mind which is represented by the 8th house - the randhra (with other meanings etc too, but hidden is the general acceptance of VIII).

The fifth from eighth is the 12th. Hence, my reason for suggesting that the 12th is where we perhaps study the nature of dreams because it is where the screen is on which the image of the 8th (subconscious) is projected! Just as the child is the projection of the parent! The thought is now up and out for the grabbing and playing with it...

Love and Light!

Dear Dada,

The 12th. house in western astrology relates to dreams as you are aware too; and surely that would apply in Jyotish too.

Like the 5th. to the 8th=12th, would also remind me of the 10th (karma). to the third (daily actions/efforts).

Certainly, the 5th. to the 8th (subconscious) makes true sense; but would you trust the other (10th. to the 3rd) too?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

biltu

Post by biltu » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Respected RishiRahul and Rohiniranjan
                     :)  :)

I also hard that 12th house represents bed-pleasures which then gets understood as sexual pleasure. But I would like to tell you that sexual pleasure does not come from bed, sexual pleasure depend on love and affection and mental connection, only having intercourse dose not giving the actual pleasure from sex, so it does not depend on only in bed. Now a days young couples are having sex on bath tub, kitchen, office desk, so I don't think those item are known "bed", maybe 12th house represents bed-pleasures but I don't think it's represent sexual pleasure from that 12th house.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:28 am

biltu wrote:Respected RishiRahul and Rohiniranjan
                     :)  :)

I also hard that 12th house represents bed-pleasures which then gets understood as sexual pleasure. But I would like to tell you that sexual pleasure does not come from bed, sexual pleasure depend on love and affection and mental connection, only having intercourse dose not giving the actual pleasure from sex, so it does not depend on only in bed. Now a days young couples are having sex on bath tub, kitchen, office desk, so I don't think those item are known "bed", maybe 12th house represents bed-pleasures but I don't think it's represent sexual pleasure from that 12th house.
Semantics, bittu! You are not the first one to get entangled in those and getting all confused :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:40 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:There is a belief amongst jyotishis that the 12th house represents Shayan-sukh. Often translated as bed-pleasures which then gets understood as sexual pleasure. Some folks with more 'tamer' imaginations insist that that is far-fetched and really the 12th house represents the quality of sleep or the type of bed and other physical surroundings (meaning, your bedroom is not next to a busy street, or near a firestation or train station or railway-track etc (ambient noise gets in the way of peaceful sleep!).

Love and Light!

Dear Dada,

The 12th. house in western astrology relates to dreams as you are aware too; and surely that would apply in Jyotish too.

Like the 5th. to the 8th=12th, would also remind me of the 10th (karma). to the third (daily actions/efforts).

Certainly, the 5th. to the 8th (subconscious) makes true sense; but would you trust the other (10th. to the 3rd) too?

Rishi

After all, the dreams are practically connected witth/reveal itself through our previous days actions mostly.
The previous days actions/moods/happenings are fresh in our minds when we go to sleep.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:09 am

RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Love and Light!

Dear Dada,

Rishi

After all, the dreams are practically connected witth/reveal itself through our previous days actions mostly.
The previous days actions/moods/happenings are fresh in our minds when we go to sleep.

Rishi
Figuratively, Rishi_ji, but not necessarily, literally!

Depends on how one defines the 'day'! ;-)

Love, light, counting...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

astro_scholr

Post by astro_scholr » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:51 am

Love and Light!
Wonderful Thoughts :-)

Couple of cases. What do they mean wrto 12th house.?

1. Exalted Jupiter in cancer as 12th house for Leo Moon Sign for female native. Here jupiter is 5th and 8th lord. Also for female native he is considered to be kalatrakarak.
2. Sun in Leo as 12th lord for Virgo Moon. What will happen if he is in Moola trikona
3.Ketu in 12th considered to be last birth in word for the native. Why?
4. Venus in 12th house taurus for Gemini Moon sign for male. Here venus considered to be kalatrakarak
5. Mars in Aries 12th house for Taurus native. MArs in kendradipathi dosha here.
6. Rahu in 12th house considered to be taking native to foreign shores . Why?
Ohm Ganeshaya Namaha

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:08 pm

astro_scholr wrote:

Love and Light!
Wonderful Thoughts :-)

Couple of cases. What do they mean wrto 12th house.?

1. Exalted Jupiter in cancer as 12th house for Leo Moon Sign for female native. Here jupiter is 5th and 8th lord. Also for female native he is considered to be kalatrakarak.
2. Sun in Leo as 12th lord for Virgo Moon. What will happen if he is in Moola trikona
3.Ketu in 12th considered to be last birth in word for the native. Why?
4. Venus in 12th house taurus for Gemini Moon sign for male. Here venus considered to be kalatrakarak
5. Mars in Aries 12th house for Taurus native. MArs in kendradipathi dosha here.
6. Rahu in 12th house considered to be taking native to foreign shores . Why?
Astro_Scholarji,

If we go on your tangent, we would be moving far away from the theme presented here. The questions that you are posing are naturally, something that requires analysis of the specific charts with consideration of dasas, transits and other details. Wouldn't it? How will that help with the theme of Shayan_sukha or Shayan_suta...?

I am not trying to be evasive, but trying not to get evaded from the central theme of this thread!

Regards,
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi,

To make the understanding clearer.

Lets take Venus in the 12th. house. It is said that in vedic sites, maybe books too that such a position is good for material/sexual comforts (taking bed pleasures taken in terms of sexual pleasure) literally.

In western Literature (sites/books) it does not say so in these terms. Of course, let us not debate western & eastern here; but note the point too.

Venus in the 12th. relates to sexual desires, which may or may not be actualised in reality; but sexual dreams+desires would exist strongly in the natives life, and it becomes a problem continuously, until the native learns to deal with it.

Due to not being able to deal with this with comfort would make the natives life lonely emotionally(wonderfully said in western, but not eastern literature well).

Hope this makes sense,

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

biltu

Post by biltu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:42 pm

RishiRahul wrote: Venus in the 12th. relates to sexual desires, which may or may not be actualised in reality; but sexual dreams+desires would exist strongly in the natives life, and it becomes a problem continuously, until the native learns to deal with it.

Due to not being able to deal with this with comfort would make the natives life lonely emotionally(wonderfully said in western, but not eastern literature well).
Both has the same meaning

eastern & western astrology says in different way but the actual meaning is same.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:47 pm

biltu wrote:
RishiRahul wrote: Venus in the 12th. relates to sexual desires, which may or may not be actualised in reality; but sexual dreams+desires would exist strongly in the natives life, and it becomes a problem continuously, until the native learns to deal with it.

Both has the same meaning

eastern & western astrology says in different way but the actual meaning is same.
:) + :smt002 = :smt020 not :smt017
RishiRahul.com

biltu

Post by biltu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:05 pm

RishiRahul wrote: :) + :smt002 = :smt020 not :smt017
You mean when we add eastern & western astrology both for the equation then we have the good result not confusing ( :smt017 ) result ?

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 pm

biltu wrote:
RishiRahul wrote: :) + :smt002 = :smt020 not :smt017
You mean when we add eastern & western astrology both for the equation then we have the good result not confusing ( :smt017 ) result ?

Hi biltu,

Sorry.

Should have been for you:=
:) + :smt002 = :smt020; should not be :smt017

But keep it for Later; after you have built up your career... then pursue other so many dreams that YOU have. :)

RishiRahul

biltu

Post by biltu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:24 pm

RishiRahul wrote: Should have been for you:=
RishiRahul jii, still I don't understand  :smt009

what do you mean by adding two emotion icon   :) + :smt002 and then have the result :smt020

I thought :) = Indian Astrology
and :smt002 = Western Astrology
When we both add then get the result :smt020

If you meant something else please tell me   :smt045

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:06 pm

biltu wrote:
RishiRahul wrote: Should have been for you:=
RishiRahul jii, still I don't understand  :smt009

what do you mean by adding two emotion icon   :) + :smt002 and then have the result :smt020

I thought :) = Indian Astrology
and :smt002 = Western Astrology
When we both add then get the result :smt020

If you meant something else please tell me   :smt045
Hey guys, if you start that icon-war again, I will personally invite entities from 99th dimension to lecture you two!! Remember Mars is closest to earth these days! No funny business, please!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”