Elder Wife or Younger husband

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue May 03, 2011 3:51 pm

If I say in simple words, , it is a well   known factor that Astrologer   is taken  into consideration while matching charts. This arises only in Arranged marriages. Then where arise the need of Elder  lady marrying younger guy? No arranged marriage is  will fully conducted ignoring age of  boy , ie he must be above one day at least to marry the girl . who  has strong  faith only will go to an Astrologer. Rite ?  , then , this westernized  thinking of marrying any body , who is elder to man , belonging to any caste, religion never holds good here . The topic header is clear,  we are talking about the Astro pointers  of deviation  from the basic principles   ( what one  shroud observe there for  marriage ). The said deviation is called Unconventional .

It is unnecessary to learn sex education , sex satisfaction  , here under Vedic  Discussion  which the link is  speaking  about posted by  Rhuto ji  here. .Because of this western thinking we  Indians seeking many divorces now.Before two decades, the divorce was very rare concept among our people.  Dissatisfaction prevailing every where.now ,.on the contrary   I could see more morality chastity in Westerners now.  They are leaving that principles of so called  Living together mentality  now . Seeing Price Williams many  start marrying now .  But we Indians being born under culturally  rich , ( saying we are high ), lost all sanctity . Deviating all conventions we see more unrest in the  name of Divorce , betrayals now.  Let us discuss only the relevant  points  only  to the topic  header please. Thanks.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sat May 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi everyone,
Its nice to be back after a long break  :-). was really busy and net was bittt un approachable.
It seems as usual things got bit hay wired by initiatives of few people.
:smt002

I hope we realise that even astrologers are human and all humans are bound to have some pre conceived notions , be it good or bad is a separate issue.
For example:- I have seen astrologers of rich people considering mainly MONEY in their undestanding of person's LIFE.without realising that there are many othger considerations for having a good life/.

Similarly, when astrologer do match making they themselevs without mentioned by native's concern consider age of proposed native in consideration.

If I am not wrong in BPHS itself its written in many places that a particular combination will lead to marriage to an elderly wife and its not writen anywhere that , that native wud be an INDIAN... so this native cud be anyone. :-)
Neither its wrtten in those points that native shud avoid those marriage whre he is suppose to get married to ELDER WIFE ..

There is no point comparing or demeaning westerners or make us look better...Which i can surly see in below mentioned lines..Which surly is not ON THE TOPIC.

Because of this western thinking we  Indians seeking many divorces now.Before two decades, the divorce was very rare concept among our people.

But we Indians being born under culturally  rich , ( saying we are high ), lost all sanctity . Deviating all conventions we see more unrest in the  name of Divorce , betrayals now.  

Sorry to bring to ur notice but i know MANY marriages (NOT JUST SACHIN TENDULKAR) where proper arrange marriage is done and that also with help of astrologers, with wife being elder than husband.

Lets say, ABSENSE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENSE..

This thread is more about marrying an elderly wife or younger husband than prooving or rather FORCING ur personal viewsss.
till the time u dnt have open mind ,astrology gonna be difficult subject..
Remember DKP (Desh, Kaal and Patra) theory.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

prasanna wrote:If I say in simple words, , it is a well known factor that Astrologer   is taken  into consideration while matching charts. This arises only in Arranged marriages. Then where arise the need of Elder  lady marrying younger guy? No arranged marriage is  will fully conducted ignoring age of  boy , ie he must be above one day at least to marry the girl . who  has strong  faith only will go to an Astrologer. Rite ?  , then , this westernized  thinking of marrying any body , who is elder to man , belonging to any caste, religion never holds good here . The topic header is clear,  we are talking about the Astro pointers  of deviation  from the basic principles   ( what one  shroud observe there for  marriage ). The said deviation is called Unconventional .

It is unnecessary to learn sex education , sex satisfaction  , here under Vedic  Discussion  which the link is  speaking  about posted by  Rhuto ji  here. .Because of this western thinking we  Indians seeking many divorces now.Before two decades, the divorce was very rare concept among our people.  Dissatisfaction prevailing every where.now ,.on the contrary   I could see more morality chastity in Westerners now.  They are leaving that principles of so called  Living together mentality  now . Seeing Price Williams many  start marrying now .  But we Indians being born under culturally  rich , ( saying we are high ), lost all sanctity . Deviating all conventions we see more unrest in the  name of Divorce , betrayals now.  Let us discuss only the relevant  points  only  to the topic  header please. Thanks.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.:-)

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sat May 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Dear Prasanna ji,

Now dnt u think people who continuously DEVIATE the topics from the flow coz of their personal views (and EGOS too) shud be restricted than justthread  :-) as said beautifully by chankya cut the roots NOT tree.

If like you i also start bringing in wat i have seen in my stay in MB than not only this topic wud get ruined but also it eud get bit more ugly....
Just bcoz someone doesnt share same views as urs does not make him BAD person.. yes i know u dnt say it DIRECTRLY:-)
Moreover , if u like sharing ur views OPENLY....as u said in below reply please LEARN to be open enough to ACCEPT the replies tooo. coz u DNt unless and until it cumes from some particular people. which definetely is not me  :D

Now lets not continue this topic here and get back to topic which says to talk about unconvemtional  spouse in respect to their age..

Please let the ACTIONS show more than ur words... So if u wnna share some respect lets get back to the topic...
and stop FORCING ur points or TEAACHING  ur point of views to everyone... we all know wat indians are and we all know wat westerners are...... and we all know who is deviating topics here ... and thats SURLY not some considerate behaviour..

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

prasanna wrote:
Rhutobello wrote:
govardhanvt wrote: Do you mean to caution that this thread has exceeded more than 1 page, the Moderator has  a duty cast on him to send this thread to thread Jail

Well....even if you don't like it...this thread are far more about Vedic then those chat threads that was moved to Jail....so no need for calling such option.

I can see my learned oponents like to stay in the locked room, and that shall I Not disturb...and withdraw my attention to this thread....please continue.

I hear as a Co poster,  participant  of said thread which was sent to thread jail, Condemn ur usage of the  word quoting it  as chat messages always.   ( with out any Vedic contents.)  Can u prove  strongly  it is only chat  messages ? Not suitable for any  vedic researches?

In these three years as a member I have seen more such chatings  in every thread posted earlier.  I admit here,  I too was cause behind so many chatings earlier. All those  were not sent to thread jail.,  I wish all Admins and Mods to take note of this point. Almost all the threads  U have been seen continuously degrading   Vedic Astrology .I t shows your Ignorance towards the value  of the Divine science Vedic Astrology. I wish to Bring to your  notice that ,  Visti Larsen Ji, Rafael Jandrez Ji who understood the value of this Sacred science and who are   promoting the values of Vedic science , do too  belong to same Europe . Sorry, being younger to your age, I expressed my views openly as your co- member here. I have no ill will towards  u , I respect u always .

Regards,

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sun May 08, 2011 7:28 am

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Prasanna ji,

Now dnt u think people who continuously DEVIATE the topics from the flow coz of their personal views (and EGOS too) shud be restricted than justthread  :-) as said beautifully by chankya cut the roots NOT tree.

If like you i also start bringing in wat i have seen in my stay in MB than not only this topic wud get ruined but also it eud get bit more ugly....
Just bcoz someone doesnt share same views as urs does not make him BAD person.. yes i know u dnt say it DIRECTRLY:-)
Moreover , if u like sharing ur views OPENLY....as u said in below reply please LEARN to be open enough to ACCEPT the replies tooo. coz u DNt unless and until it cumes from some particular people. which definetely is not me  :D

Now lets not continue this topic here and get back to topic which says to talk about unconvemtional  spouse in respect to their age..

Please let the ACTIONS show more than ur words... So if u wnna share some respect lets get back to the topic...
and stop FORCING ur points or TEAACHING  ur point of views to everyone... we all know wat indians are and we all know wat westerners are...... and we all know who is deviating topics here ... and thats SURLY not some considerate behaviour..

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

prasanna wrote:
Rhutobello wrote:
govardhanvt wrote: Do you mean to caution that this thread has exceeded more than 1 page, the Moderator has  a duty cast on him to send this thread to thread Jail

Well....even if you don't like it...this thread are far more about Vedic then those chat threads that was moved to Jail....so no need for calling such option.

I can see my learned oponents like to stay in the locked room, and that shall I Not disturb...and withdraw my attention to this thread....please continue.

I hear as a Co poster,  participant  of said thread which was sent to thread jail, Condemn ur usage of the  word quoting it  as chat messages always.   ( with out any Vedic contents.)  Can u prove  strongly  it is only chat  messages ? Not suitable for any  vedic researches?

In these three years as a member I have seen more such chatings  in every thread posted earlier.  I admit here,  I too was cause behind so many chatings earlier. All those  were not sent to thread jail.,  I wish all Admins and Mods to take note of this point. Almost all the threads  U have been seen continuously degrading   Vedic Astrology .I t shows your Ignorance towards the value  of the Divine science Vedic Astrology. I wish to Bring to your  notice that ,  Visti Larsen Ji, Rafael Jandrez Ji who understood the value of this Sacred science and who are   promoting the values of Vedic science , do too  belong to same Europe . Sorry, being younger to your age, I expressed my views openly as your co- member here. I have no ill will towards  u , I respect u always .

Regards,

Dear Raman,

I donot want again to deviate by answering to an inappropriate post of yours. You should appreciate , i I  am trying my level best to bring back the thread to proper vedic discussion.  But your sudden butting in again deviating from the vedic discussion is preventing me to post proper vedic answer. Hence I leave the rest of the matter you inappropirately discussed, I would like to straight away come to discussion on the above topic.

I would like to know whether vedic supports a women elder to prostrate and fall at the feet of a Man  to take his blessing. ? We all know very well ,
this is only allowed for a women to do so only from a Sanyasi or Guru
Since this is not permitted, by corollary, it can be construed, such a women who is elder to a man can never be called a wife.when the basic principle of a wife is negated, how can a woman elder to a man can be called as a wife ?

In vedic it is not explicitly said that a act is right or wrong, but one needs to read the whole text in consonance and not in exclusion . IF that is done so, there is no question of deviating such principles, and thus if one get to understand the principles of vedic, in totallity, then I am of the opinion that there is no place of women elder to man to be called as a wife , even though she is married  or otherwise .

Secondly, not to mention the celebrity who has married to an elder women, as it the ritual performed is vedic principle at the time of marriage and in according to the dictum and standards spelt, it is quiet but natural for such celebrities to go by to the principle for their own pleasures and necessity
and many deviate such principles and get married, may be because of they may be called as husband and wife, because the genral public do not wish to voice their feeling loudly like emperors new clothes, but certainly in the eyes of God it is a deviation and sin.

According to me , there is no marriage without the blessing of God and such marriage of an elder women to younger man is no marriage as it does not have any religious sanctity at large

Even christianity disapprove such a marriage

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 08, 2011 8:00 am

Hi,

Marriages occuring has the sanction of transits of slow moving planets, particularly Jupiter and Saturn to support this incident; obviously coup;led by dasa bhukthi, particularly in terms stellar astrology, is my finding.

When marriages are supported in terms of Arudha Lagna it may be more a marriage for money.

Speaking of unconventional marriages, some would say that it is to an older wife.  These things depend upon society and sosociety is man made.
For example I South India marriage to maternal uncles etc is considered normal, whereas else where it is known to be sinful.

Let us not blame/question/hurt anyones belief system, or add our personal beliefs and devote time to the astrological principles of this thread.> Which are vedic astrology combinations behind older wife or younger.

Saying things agains western belief system with such strength is not a good thing for a public board.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sun May 08, 2011 9:05 am

RishiRahul wrote:Hi,

Marriages occuring has the sanction of transits of slow moving planets, particularly Jupiter and Saturn to support this incident; obviously coup;led by dasa bhukthi, particularly in terms stellar astrology, is my finding.

When marriages are supported in terms of Arudha Lagna it may be more a marriage for money.

Speaking of unconventional marriages, some would say that it is to an older wife.  These things depend upon society and sosociety is man made.
For example I South India marriage to maternal uncles etc is considered normal, whereas else where it is known to be sinful.

Let us not blame/question/hurt anyones belief system, or add our personal beliefs and devote time to the astrological principles of this thread.> Which are vedic astrology combinations behind older wife or younger.

Saying things agains western belief system with such strength is not a good thing for a public board.

RishiRahul

Dear All,

Again and again I too dont want any deviation of this present subject matter , So  I restricted my views quoting about  what is the meaning of Wife  ? to Raman's  post addressed to me. I posted only Vedic believes and nothing of my own beliefs or views.  I stopped arguing like earlier, U need not teach me and all. Only he used many such words over my posts.  

I never demean any belief system , or Iam not enemy to any religious believes. My intension is certainly not degrading or hurting any  one here. But again and again all are making arguments . If U notice my earlier posts keenly,  u all could know I only,  appreciated the Westerners not depreciated them . But every one took me wrong here , especially Raman. I have been trying my level best to bring  back the discussion  to the topic header which I already quoted above in my previous posts itself which has to be noted again here.  

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... c&start=10

Already there is a discussion in progression about Marriage with Cousins .

I dont understand why our Rishi ji brought that point here .I wont agree marrying maternal uncle falls  under  Unconventional marriage. Iam sorry it is hurting our south Indian  belief system here, which need  not be posted by him too .   Now I strongly object the usu age  of word it is sin here. I is  customarily practiced  and it has its real sanctity. I already posted I  am married  to my own maternal uncle . So calling  my marriage unconventional here really hurts me. I never agree I committed any sin . ( Same views of mine I already posted in that thread already,  against the  views of Rajat ji. )  Again let me add here, it is  not sin according to Hinduism , only Muslims never marry  maternal Uncle, but they marry father's daughters  whom  we call as sisters and brothers  . My intension here is not to hurt the belief of  any other religion.  .Seeing my profile one could  easily understand where I am living and I belong to all  the three countries where each religion occupies its majority.

Instead   of learning Astrology here I find every one  blaming  the other . which is not healthy to public forum I am also well aware  of this . So in order  to stop this unhealthiness further,  let me restrain posting in this Vedic Board . Already I find no posts from other poster  or my co poster  Dhan ji.  

Regards,
prasanna

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 08, 2011 9:49 am

prasanna wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Hi,

RishiRahul

Dear All,

Again and again I too dont want any deviation of this present subject matter , So  I restricted my views quoting about  what is the meaning of Wife  ? to Raman's  post addressed to me. I posted only Vedic believes and nothing of my own beliefs or views.  I stopped arguing like earlier, U need not teach me and all. Only he used many such words over my posts.  

I never demean any belief system , or Iam not enemy to any religious believes. My intension is certainly not degrading or hurting any  one here. But again and again all are making arguments . If U notice my earlier posts keenly,  u all could know I only,  appreciated the Westerners not depreciated them . But every one took me wrong here , especially Raman. I have been trying my level best to bring  back the discussion  to the topic header which I already quoted above in my previous posts itself which has to be noted again here.  

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... c&start=10

Already there is a discussion in progression about Marriage with Cousins .

I dont understand why our Rishi ji brought that point here .I wont agree marrying maternal uncle falls  under  Unconventional marriage. Iam sorry it is hurting our south Indian  belief system here, which need  not be posted by him too .   Now I strongly object the usu age  of word it is sin here. I is  customarily practiced  and it has its real sanctity. I already posted I  am married  to my own maternal uncle . So calling  my marriage unconventional here really hurts me. I never agree I committed any sin . ( Same views of mine I already posted in that thread already,  against the  views of Rajat ji. )  Again let me add here, it is  not sin according to Hinduism , only Muslims never marry  maternal Uncle, but they marry father's daughters  whom  we call as sisters and brothers  . My intension here is not to hurt the belief of  any other religion.  .Seeing my profile one could  easily understand where I am living and I belong to all  the three countries where each religion occupies its majority.

Instead   of learning Astrology here I find every one  blaming  the other . which is not healthy to public forum I am also well aware  of this . So in order  to stop this unhealthiness further,  let me restrain posting in this Vedic Board . Already I find no posts from other poster  or my co poster  Dhan ji.  

Regards,

Dear Prasanna , Raman and others,

I was just explaining that let us stick to the thread header.   But I just gave an example that we should not give our personal views here, but stick to the topic... as some thinking/way of life can be unacceptable to other religions.

To Prasanna... please carry on the discussion at the Vedic board and let us make it intereseting. We all are swaying far too much.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed May 11, 2011 8:03 am

Prostrating or falling at the feet of a younger person is universally considered to be a sin all across the Bharat and there is no exception to it , while marriage to a maternal uncle is never considered to be sin any were in India, though in certain pockets of India, it is prohibited. As usual and it always appears to be confusion in the mind of the individual to consider that marriage to maternal uncle is a sin Sanskrit is a such a language one cannot truly translate verbatim of a word in other language, and for certain words there is no equivalent word, and even big sentence cannot define such words . The word Dara is used in many places , particularly in Jaimini Sustras

That being the case, I wish to bring to the kind notice, that the word wife is never used by Vedic seers in any of the shlokas, while they discussed on topic pertaining to 7th house. The words used were in general and words like Bharya or  Dharam Patni have not been used in any of shlokas .  Hence in my view it is inappropriate to say Elder Wife. It could be appropriate to say ,  Elder Spouse rather than use of word wife.

I am of the view the word, wife in Sanskrit has a wider connotation , with a different and larger meaning attached with certain duties, respect regard etc . Hence according to me at no stretch of imagination , a women elder to man , can be considered to be a wife at all for the reason stated as the moral duties of wife cannot be performed , though she may co habit, give birth to child etc. To me it is one form of incest and I presume many, other than those who have no morality, all across the world would vouch for it
Hence , I wish to conclude, with due regard to the author of this thread , that it is basically not correct to discuss on a topic which has an inappropriate Header in the first place.
prasanna

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu May 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi everyone and prasanna ji,

True  unconventional marriage is very much related to convention of that particular sect.

Rightly said by Rishirahul ji. marrying a maternal or paternal uncle is fine for a particular sect (leme mention here i m not hurting anyone's belief) but may be a type of unconventional marriage for another sect. Since unconventional is opposite of conventional so convention has to be part of this belief..

Again as said by rishi rahul ji lets not get into our personal views.. does nt matter it is unconventional or conventional but as far as i know generaly wife's are younger ..

So lets again get back to topic and i would request all other members(expereinced and novice) to post their vviews about marrying younger husband or elder wife ..

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri May 13, 2011 4:37 am

Hello Raman and GVT

Raman, I have edited your thread a bit in case someone's sentiments are hurt.

GVT, I have deleted your thread. I am sure Raman was just teasing and it wasn't his intention to hurt anyone. So I am sorry if you felt that way. We have the same rules for everyone, be it mod, member or admin.

I have been unable to access the forum because of some Internet issues. Even in the middle of posting I get blocked since I am on a temporary connection. If I say I shall look into a matter, I will.

So I request all members to please not bring up older issues when you are in the middle of discussing something else.

thanks for understanding.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri May 13, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi Swetha ji,
Its perfectly fine you can do watever required to maintain balance , calmness and respect in the forum.
And yess rules shud be same for everyone.. be it any of the moderator (inside or outside vedic forum),  self proclaimed righteous people or people who like teaching/pushing.

Till the time we wont respect others we cannot ask for respect from others..
As beautifully said :- Respect is given not asked for .
So lets respect other's views also even if we dnt agree to it .. coz thats y we are DISCUSSING not arguing

Thanks and regards,
Raman Deep Singh

swetha wrote:Hello Raman and GVT

GVT, I have deleted your thread. I am sure Raman was just teasing and it wasn't his intention to hurt anyone. So I am sorry if you felt that way. We have the same rules for everyone, be it mod, member or admin.

I have been unable to access the forum because of some Internet issues. Even in the middle of posting I get blocked since I am on a temporary connection. If I say I shall look into a matter, I will.

So I request all members to please not bring up older issues when you are in the middle of discussing something else.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri May 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi ,
Once again thanks to Swetha ji for her initiative
Let me bring back the topic to its right place ..

I was trying to figure out about this understanding about having the spouse unconventional in sense of their age.I didnt find much relation to Rahu here .. Though it shud be there ..I will try to have more deeper and elaborate look.

But i did see some role played by saturn as a 7th lord and in relation with Virgo. Virgo i have seen does play some part in having  marriage to younger husband .. One of the reason could be that lord of virgo is mercury wich is surly one of the most young planets.

Moreover rather than being lord or placed in 7th hous,e jupiter gives elder wife when in conjunction with 7th lord. (or aspect also).

I would request other members also to put up their views.. Would like to take this one ahead and then may be we can discuss few charts where we can see examples of elder wife or younger husband.
Infact we can get both of them in same couple   :smt003   :smt002

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri May 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hi Swetha ji,
Its perfectly fine you can do watever required to maintain balance , calmness and respect in the forum.
And yess rules shud be same for everyone.. be it any of the moderator (inside or outside vedic forum),  self proclaimed righteous people or people who like teaching/pushing.

Till the time we wont respect others we cannot ask for respect from others..
So lets respect other's views also even if we dnt agree to it .. coz thats y we are DISCUSSING not arguing

Thanks and regards,
Raman Deep Singh

swetha wrote:Hello Raman and GVT

What an illustrious post. What are you presently trying to teach. Can I have a clarification whether by this post , you are getting included in the statement  of yours -"self proclaimed righteous people or people who like teaching/pushing."  . If yes , I have nothing to say. If not , kindly explain why this preaching and can it be construed as hypocritic

What a great philosophical teaching
"Till the time we wont respect others we cannot ask for respect from others..
So lets respect other's views also even if we dnt agree to it .. coz thats y we are DISCUSSING not arguing"

I fail to understand to whom you are intending to preach this. Is this to Mod or Admin or to yourself? Read it within yourself several times   and let me know , how you feel it and what it conveys to you

I presume none demand any respect from anyone in the board. It is upto the individual to give the respect to others. There is no necessity for anyone to respect others view if it is grossly wrong. It is quiet but natural for an individual who is honest , to point out wrongful statement and actions. But the above rule is again has exception, that all GVT and certain others posts howsoever is relevant and correct needs to be disrespected, universally in mysticboard

I am sure swetha would be in hurry to delete this post of mine too,  as the rule to delete IS APPLICABLE  ONLY TO  my or certain of identified category of people posts by swetha  and not for yours or MOD or other admin post, even though such preaching are not relevant to this topic

Hence you need the following statement of yours amended
"And yess rules shud be same for everyone.. be it any of the moderator (inside or outside vedic forum),  self proclaimed righteous people or people who like teaching/pushing."
to
And yess rules shud be same for everyone.. be it any of the moderator (inside or outside vedic forum),  self proclaimed righteous people or people who like teaching/pushing, EXCEPT FOR ALL POST DONE BY GVT"

Don't you think it is wise enough not to expect  a Respect from a person who donot know to respect elders

It appears to me that your statement are quiet hypocritical and is it  that  Pot calling a kettle black

In mysticboard,  a Tail is permitted to wag the Dog, with no exceptions

prasanna

Can anyone answer this?

Post by prasanna » Sat May 14, 2011 11:54 am

Are these considered unconventional Marriages?

Arjuna abducted his mama's daughter ( krishna's sister ) and married her. . like wise abhimanyu abducted daughter of balaram (abhimanyu's mother's real brother) and married her. Maharaja Uttara was the son of Virata and maternal uncle of Maharaja Pariksit. Iravati, being the daughter of Maharaja Uttara, was the cousin-sister of Maharaja Pariksit, but cousin-brothers and -sisters were allowed to get married if they did not belong to the same gotra, or family.

In the Vedic system of marriage, the importance of the gotra, or family, was stressed. Arjuna also married Subhadra, although she was his maternal cousin-sister.
prasanna

Raman Deep Singh

Re: Can anyone answer this?

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sat May 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi Prasanna ji,

True Prasanna ji that marriages mentioned by you did happen in hindu mythology,I am quite aware of that but even if arjuna married his first cousin but that doesnt make it conventional marriages. They also can do unconventional marriages if we can. :)

As i mentioned that conventional word is related to a particular sect, religion or class and even if one sect finds it to be conventional another sect can find it to be UNCONVENTIONAL..

So i think here we have to consider some part of ARUDHA coz its again about perception of society though without arudha also we would be able to see this coz native also would have come comfort difference when he /she would marry person from outside his/her sect.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

prasanna wrote:Are these considered unconventional Marriages?

Arjuna abducted his mama's daughter ( krishna's sister ) and married her. . like wise abhimanyu abducted daughter of balaram (abhimanyu's mother's real brother) and married her. Maharaja Uttara was the son of Virata and maternal uncle of Maharaja Pariksit. Iravati, being the daughter of Maharaja Uttara, was the cousin-sister of Maharaja Pariksit, but cousin-brothers and -sisters were allowed to get married if they did not belong to the same gotra, or family.

In the Vedic system of marriage, the importance of the gotra, or family, was stressed. Arjuna also married Subhadra, although she was his maternal cousin-sister.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”