Discovery Lift off prediction

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:17 pm

Discovery docking time is pushed backward by 5 minutes

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:05 am

The latest news

Imagery experts will pore over these 302 digital pictures — as well as the multitude of launch images — to see whether Discovery is in good enough shape to re-enter safely on June 14. About five pieces of foam insulation broke off the external fuel tank during liftoff, and one or two of them may have hit the shuttle. But the pieces, it's believed, came off too late in the launch to do any damage.

As for the launch pad damage, the worst of it, by far, was in the brick-lined trench that is designed to deflect the flames at booster rocket ignition.

A large section of the flame trench — 20 feet by 75 feet — broke apart, and chunks of the large heat-resistant fire bricks and concrete mortar were scattered all the way past the chain-link fence 1,800 feet away. The fence was damaged in places.

The pieces of debris ranged in size from a pebble to entire bricks.

The flame trench — dating back to the 1960s Apollo era — is inspected regularly and undergoes periodic repair, Cain said. "Something happened specific to this mission," he said at a news conference.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:06 am

This is what I predicted before the flight take off

"I am of the view, the said space flight , would be prone to problems related to liquid propollent and fire related problems during the flight. The heat sheild which is concern right from Columbia disaster, would also be cause of worry. I expect  that the craft would be hit at the top of the body, by an unknown hard object, which would create big sensation and worry to the experts sitting at the ground control"

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:17 am

Thank you for you sharing.  Blessings to you and may the highest purpose be served for all.  
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:35 am

thank u again for the latest updates , and my prayers for the safety and the ultimate purpose  of the said mission.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:55 am

Here  is the latest from NASA site

The Discovery crew floated aboard the ISS on Monday where they were warmly greeted and embraced by its crew after a flawless docking and a two-day journey.

But the mission has not been incident-free.

NASA officials revealed on Monday that bricks and other debris had come off the flame trench beneath the launchpad at Cape Canaveral in Florida from which Discovery blasted off on Saturday. The concrete-fortified trench helps to deflect the intense heat of shuttle launches.

The debris was strewn around the launch area and while NASA managers described the incident as "unprecedented" they said they were confident it could be repaired in time for October's shuttle mission to the Hubble Space Telescope.

"We'll fix it without any problems before October," deputy shuttle program manager LeRoy Cain told reporters at the Johnson Space Center in Houston

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:12 am

NASA, meanwhile, is investigating the worst launch pad damage in 27 years of space shuttle flight.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:52 pm

thank u for sharing this Govardhanji
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:09 pm

Current News

For few seconds, the ground control lost communication with ISS just before space walk

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:40 am

On 5th October 2006, when Atlantis spaceshuttle while in orbit was hit by an unknown object . The radiator of the shuttle was slightly damaged , thought it was not serious. At that point of time, Mars, Ketu , Sun and venus were in Virgo. When Columbia crashed, Mars, Ketu were together in Scorpio aspected by Rahu and Saturn in Taurus.  On 8th June 2008, Mars, Moon and ketu are together . Is there something going to be serious on that day to discovery? Let us wait and watch and pray God nothing bad happens

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:05 pm

THANK U SO MUCH FOR YOUR CURRENT UPDATES GOVARDHANJI.    i WISH I SHOULD ALSO JOIN U IN YOUR PRAYERS.  I REQUEST EVERYBODY , WHO EVER READS THIS ALSO WILL DO PRAYERS FOR THE GOODNESS OF SPACE SHUTTLE AND TO THAT OF THE WELLBEING OF ASTRONAUTS  ABOARD

WITH PRAYERS,

prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT.
prasanna

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:32 am

I predicted that the discovery would be hit by space objects after the liftoff

here is the latest from NASA

Late Friday, Mission Control asked the astronauts to take some zoom-in digital photos of two thermal protective panels on Discovery's right wing. Mission Control said embedded sensors had picked up some slight pulses a few days earlier, indicating possible micrometeorite impacts, and while engineers did not think anything was amiss they wanted to make certain.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:54 pm

NASA: Metal clip fell off shuttle but not problem

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:28 pm

thank u very much for your current update.
prasanna

maheswari

nakshatra

Post by maheswari » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:05 pm

dear sir,
thanx for the wonderfull nakshatra software..i think with out the knoladge of nakshatra ..it is impossible to predict anything properly about the jatak.
i have a small question in my mind , if u kind to let me educate about.....whether birth nakshatra (moon stands with) or lagna nakshatra... which one is important..
i will be gratefull if u reply..
yours
maheswari.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”