Earthquake in China - Goverdhanji

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue May 27, 2008 3:50 am

The next big rattle due to earthquake will happen on June 6th & 7th 2008 . Situation similar to china can happen in Indonesia, Phillipines, Thailand, and Parts of India

rajitha

Post by rajitha » Tue May 27, 2008 3:00 pm

I was eagerly waiting to see what would happen about your prediction on the earthquake. I even told my wife(a non-believer of astrology) about it and she was like " Ya right".

So, on Monday, I heard in the news and I was glad that people did not die but sad that homes were destroyed.

Congrats Goverdhanji. Your analysis was right on and amazing.
I am surely going to share this with a lot of my friends.

What is your prediction for the June 6th quake? Is it going to be a major one?

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue May 27, 2008 5:40 pm

I expect that magnitude could be more than 7 on that day and there could be loss of life. The combination of planets is just similar to what happened on May 12, but only the degree of placement of planets varies. Hence it may not be surprise for me if the casualities are more. AGAIN I REPEAT, THAT MY PREDICTION SHOULD GO WRONG AND THE GOD FORBID NOTHING BIG HAPPENS ON THAT  DAY.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:20 am

Two powerful astronomical tides

According to the Guangdong Astronomy Association, the relevant authorities need to pay attention to two powerful astronomical tides in early June.

One will appear at 21:00 on June 3, 2008, a point when the distance between the moon and the earth, at only 357,251 km, is the shortest since Nov 11, 2007. The other will take place at 03:23 on June 4, 2008, when the moon, the sun, and the earth are on the same line. Normally there would be a significant interval between such events. In this case, however, it was no more than 6 hours. Thus a consolidated astronomical tide will be formed, possibly producing a significant impact on atmospheric, oceanic, and solid tides of the earth. After the 8.0 magnitude Wenchuan quake, the tectonic plates were dislocated, and energy release through aftershocks has not fully dissipated the tension.

Clearly, occurrence of such astronomical tides in early June merits vigilance, said the association
http://www.dailyastronomy.com/story.asp ... 0phenomena

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:47 am

I predicted that the earth would be rattled on June 6th -8th, Here is the current news. Is this an advance intimation for the big one to strike. See the link below

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080605/ap_ ... DD2NKs0NUE

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:34 pm

New Aftershock Strikes Earthquake-Stricken China
By VOA News
05 June 2008

The U.S. Geological Survey says it has detected a strong aftershock in China's earthquake-battered Sichuan province.

Thursday's aftershock registered a 5.3 magnitude, and was located 65 kilometers west of the town of Guangyuan.

The major project of a sluice from the Tangjiashan Lake is completed at quake-induced Tangjiashan Lake in southwest China's Sichuan province, 31 May 2008
The aftershock comes as Chinese officials have been sounding warnings about rising water levels of a so-called "quake lake" formed by last month's deadly earthquake.

The official Xinhua news agency reported Wednesday that Tangjiashan lake's waters will likely continue to rise over the next two days, as rainfall is expected through Friday. The agency says the lake is already close to overflowing.

Tangjiashan was created when landslides triggered by the May 12 earthquake blocked a nearby river. Soldiers dug a channel last week, hoping to drain the lake.

Xinhua says there is a plan to evacuate the lake, but does not specify how that plan will work.

Meanwhile, Chinese authorities are blocking access to schools destroyed by last month's earthquake in an apparent effort to quell demonstrations by angry, grieving parents.

Police and soldiers have been deployed outside several schools in Sichuan, where parents are demanding official accountability for what they say is the shoddy construction of the facilities. Notices have also been posted to remind the public to maintain social order.

Thousands of schools collapsed during the 7.9 magnitude earthquake and officials are growing increasingly anxious over public displays of anger and media coverage.

Officials have not said how many children died in the earthquake, but the death toll was raised again Wednesday to more than 69,100. Some 20,000 are still missing
http://voanews.com/english/2008-06-05-voa9.cfm

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:10 pm

1 minute ago

Strong earthquake rattles Greece

A magnitude 6.1 earthquake that some called the strongest ever to rock the area struck 125 miles west of Athens Sunday.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake measured magnitude 6.1, although some local seismologists put it as high as 6.5, media reports said. The USGS said the quake struck at 3:25 p.m. Sunday, local time, and pinpointed the epicenter as 20 miles southwest of Patras on the country's Peloponnese peninsula, at a depth of 6.2 miles.

One fatality was reported in the quake when a roof collapsed and a dozen people were reported injured in Achaia prefecture, Athens News Agency reported, adding that roadways to and from the region had been blocked by fallen rocks.

Greek seismologists said the earthquake was the strongest to hit the area since 1802 and the first eyewitnesses said it lasted between 20 and 25 seconds, the news agency said. It was followed by a strong aftershock of magnitude 4.7.

The news agency cited press reports from the Ionian isles and Ileia prefecture saying that residents there have left their homes.
Copyright 2008 by United Press International

http://politicom.moldova.org/stiri/eng/125548/

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:23 pm

1 dead, several injured after earthquake rattles Greece

June 8, 2008Recommend (1)

FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
ATHENS, Greece -- A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.5 struck southwestern Greece on Sunday, killing at least one person and injuring several others, authorities said.

The quake struck at 3:25 p.m. (8:25 a.m. EDT) near the port city of Patras, about 120 miles west of Athens in the northwestern Peloponnese, the Athens Geodynamic Institute said.

Local authorities said there were widespread reports of collapsed and severely damaged homes from the quake felt as far away as southern Italy.

One man was killed by a falling roof in the Kato Ahaia area and fire crews were trying to free a young boy and an elderly man trapped beneath rubble in region, police said.

Two families -- seven people in total -- who had been trapped in collapsed houses were rescued in the village of Fostaina, about 20 miles south of Patras, and in the village of Vartholomio, authorities said.

At least seven people were injured: six in the province of Ahaia and one hurt on the island of Lefkada by falling rocks at a beach, emergency officials said.

The fire service said a landslide cut off part of the Corinth to Patras highway. The power was out in parts of Patras, reports said.

Seismologists warned residents to expect aftershocks.

"There have been aftershocks and more will follow because the epicenter was close to the surface," said Gerasimos Papadopoulos, head of the Athens Geodynamic Institute's research center.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake had a preliminary magnitude of 6.1, while the Athens Geodynamic Institute gave a preliminary magnitude of 6.5.

Magnitudes often vary in the first hours or days after an earthquake.

Greece is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries. In 1999, a 5.9-magnitude quake near Athens killed 143 people and left thousands homeless.

Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:24 pm

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:02 am

The next big one I see to happen on Aug 9,2008

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:02 am

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:02 am

GULBARGA: People living in Hasargundigi and Gurrampalli in Chincholi taluk of Gulbarga district experienced a mild earthquake measuring 1.2 on the Richter Scale for a few seconds on Monday.

According to reports received here, the ground shook up for a few seconds in the morning, and panic-stricken people ran out of their houses.

Mild earthquakes have occurred at regular intervals in the two villages for the past few years.

As a precautionary measure, the Government installed seismometers in the two villages a couple of years ago. But they are not functioning because of lack of maintenance.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:16 pm

I predict a big earthquake on 23-24th June 2008 of a magnitude of greater than 6.5 in Reicter scale

rajitha

Post by rajitha » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Where in the world?

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:20 am

India, Indonesia, Australia, Eastern parts of the globe are vulnerable

Return to “Vedic Astrology”