What is Astrology?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:29 pm

[quote="tourbi"]ok, I worked for an astrologer in a New Age Book Store in the United States.  So....for me, there is a Western view. I'm learning a lot in these discussions.
For me Astrology is information given at the times a chart is made, birth, solar return, looking for a good time to have an operation, etc. The information gives incites into who I am, what my potential is, where I may go, the pitfalls, the help, the karma, the things to look forward to.
I was taught by Coreen, the woman for whom I worked, that the information was to give me the best idea of where I am and where I could go and how to transcend the chart.  She admonished me to not use it as a map, but information.  She wanted me to empower myself and not give all my power away to the reading or the chart.  
I kept that in mind and still do.  
I look at the energies of the planets, how they are working, learn what I need, figure out what I need to watch for, what will work for me and my loved ones, then use the energies to empower my life and the lives of those around me.
If there is a "negative" indication, I look at it like I do when I'm driving down the road and there is a detour.  I'm being taken care of in some way.  I have been shown where the negative may be and I have the opportunity to move past it, use it for me, or shift it before I encounter that negativity.
I think it is a powerful tool.  I also think it is critical to use it and not be used by it.
I respect Astrologers and astrology.[/quote]

Each lifetime is like writing a book. We arrive with a very rough outline (natis) and develop some of the points to the neglect and detriment of other points and as each chapter is experienced, and gets more and more finished, we revel in it and sometimes revisit earlier written chapters and some days wonder what the next chapter will bring. And at the end of it all, this book of our life, our doctoral thesis is ready for being presented to the Omni-Parent and if we have done our homework well, the thesis defense would have already taken place, thanks to our ever-loving critic friends we are surrounded by ;-) <<Saturn>>, though at times lead-footed.

And who knows someday we will even get lucky and our book of life will be shown as a movie! In a hall and not just on U-Tube!

Love, Light, Levity ...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

prasanna

THANK U VISHWAS

Post by prasanna » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:04 am

dear &nbsp; vishwas &nbsp;and all &nbsp;others ,who shared their &nbsp;opinions here,

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; I felt very happy reading this thread &nbsp;posted by our vishwas. &nbsp; While reading it i find more new things about astrology , being a &nbsp; beginner in this field., &nbsp; &nbsp;i just want to know more about this science. &nbsp;I agree with the views of our &nbsp;Vishwas that , we can read more in web sites about , the meaning of the term , what is astrology? &nbsp;but knowing the individual opinion like this is more interesting,. I felt sorry for &nbsp;its stop , very early, because , i find no continuity after 28th april, and also felt the reason to be the &nbsp;detachment of our beloved Ranjanji from our site . &nbsp;I wish and request all other experts in this forum to continue the thread by sharing their individual and personal opinions on this subject. &nbsp;If i find it happen, i can say , we the beginners will feel we are blessed . &nbsp; Let us all hope for the best. &nbsp;Acutually after reading this thread , i started browsing for the meaning of the term Astrology and its significance as a science. &nbsp;I was at first &nbsp;in the opinion that , Astrology derived from Astronomy, now i realized the science of Astrology is the forefather of astronomy now.

&nbsp;Thanks VISHWAS &nbsp;FOR MAKING ME UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT A LITTLE &nbsp;bit clear than before &nbsp;TODAY .

WITH REGARDS

prasanna

L, K L
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

code

Post by code » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:35 am

Hi there 2 all friends out there!!!!!

I sincerely do not mean to offend anyone & everyone who believes in the essence & mircels of Astrology. Is it REALLY some thing one can relie and lead their lives with its predictions etc?

I am spectial about all things like this, but would really APPRECIATE it some one out there can convience me that Astrology is the THING that can guide and lead life. &nbsp;How accurate can u say it is and how often can it reveal the truth?

Any recommendation on names of those TRUSTWORTHY & RELIABLE Astrologers who you can name to me............

Once again please do not be upset by my comment here, i have reservation regarding this and other forms of past & future readings eg psychic, tarot, hypno etc - but surely you can give me credit for trying to understand and accept astrology essence. And the only way that is possible is to ask you (those who) belive and practice/use it in your everday. An true example of how astrology helped you might assist me to understand and accept it.

Cherish All moments
Code

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:22 am

Dear Code,
I will take a different approach.Instead of trying to convince you or trying to proove my point i will ask you to
start your own journey.
I started this journey my self as an skeptic and non-believer.But only thing was that i had was,I was never judgemental
and biased.I always believe that there is something more than what we can understand and logically proove.

Let me start with an example:-
According to law of physics Bumble Bee shudnt fly coz weight of its body and wing span of the bee arent proportionately
balanced.That means for carrying a particular weight in air, a particular wing span is required,this law is also followed in aeroplanes
that is why u see bigger the plane is bigger their wingspan is.
But the best thing is Bumble Bee doesnt know of this law and result it still flies :-)
Thus u know we still dnt understand all the laws of nature.What we understand is still a hypotesis or
logic followed by our little understanding...

When i started i kept my mind open and start working on it and result i did end up believing it and studying it.
Astrologers can be wrong like Doctors(both makes mistakes sometimes doctors make bigger mistakes and make
people loose their lives)but not astrology and medical Science.
But we still believe doctors n medicial then why not believe astrology.

This is my point of view.Start your journey...I hope im making sense to you :-)

Regards,
Raman

code

Post by code » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:42 pm

thank u, your reply is most appreciated.

code
ps: u r really BLESSD as u managed take the journey earlier in age, so u have all your life ahead of u to take steps with GREAT understand, open mind and no regrets.

take care.

prasanna

prasanna to code

Post by prasanna » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:25 pm

hai dear friend code,

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;I think our friend Raman has given u excellent explanations about the need ,purposes use of astrology. &nbsp; &nbsp;Thanks Raman. &nbsp;I was about to write to her, the same thing. You have done a wonderful job now. &nbsp;I think , my friend code has learn t something now , and she might have understood by now , what made me to learn this science, through my personal mail to her.

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; I wish our friend code should start learn this wonderful science from now. &nbsp;Wishing her best of luck.

with love and regards
prasanna.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:38 am

Dear Code and Prasanna,
Thank you for your appreciation and praise.
Code it is said in india whenever u wake up,ur journey starts from there onwards.
I hope you will also start your journey soon :-).Best of Luck.
Hope he will also bless you.

Regards,
Raman

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:28 pm

Thanks Raman, i trust she will start &nbsp;soon. &nbsp;R we facing the same problem &nbsp;still?
prasanna

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Hello all,

I know it has been over a year since this thread has seen any action, but hoping to ask the same question again, but with a slightly more thought out definition. So please tell me your views about this one.
The word Astrology is derived from two Greek words, “Astra” meaning “Stars” & “Logos” meaning “Logic”. Astrology is a technology derived from a group of systems, traditions, and beliefs in which knowledge of the apparent relative positions of celestial bodies and related details is held to be useful in understanding; it is also called as a Divine Knowledge. It deals with the study of cosmic celestial objects & events and their vibrations & effects on the behaviour of people, movable & immovable objects, nature & events on Earth. Especially co-relations which cannot be explained by gravitation, magnetism, or other forces that are well established in Medicine, Physics, and or other sciences.

Astrology has many faces and plays a role in all the areas of the man’s requirement in his day to day life.

In the modern age man is facing many difficulties, obstacles, impediments, with a lot of stress and strain; sometimes he will not be able to find the solution for his complex problems when he comes across them. Sometimes, he has to face these problems with a lot of self – courage, mental strength, to proceed further in his life.

Whenever the man does not find the solutions in his life, for his complex problems. Since many centuries “none other than an Astrologer” who can study, understand, and with his knowledge and past experience, can provide proper solutions to all of Man’s problems.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:48 am

Hi Vishwas,
Nice to see you back to the forum.Its after long that you are posting in here.
Hope you are doing well.

Hope to see more of you here.
Regards,
Raman

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:30 pm

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hi Vishwas,
Nice to see you back to the forum.Its after long that you are posting in here.
Hope you are doing well.

Hope to see more of you here.
Regards,
Raman
Thank you Raman, I have just been busy with other stuff, hope to be here as much as possible too, but by god's grace I hope to be here as much as I can.

Thank you once again for the kind words.

Take Care.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”