how to reconcile a seeming paradox - a novice query

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:38 am

rohiniranjan wrote:There are two realities: Newtonian and Quantum, as modern Physics has now recognized and validated.

The Newtonian Universe is what most scientists and rationalists know and love, because it is better understood, more predictable and works mostly like a streamlined, well designed machine.

All applied scientists (for instance engineers and doctors) love that realm because it increases certainties, reduces unwelcome surprises and reduce headaches for them as they build their bridges and mansions or treat patients.

The Quantum reality is more ephemeral, almost mystical but while it is full of uncertainties (and not all of those unpredictable -- as Heisenberg demonstrated/observed) it is also full of possibilities that expand our Newtonian Universe or Newtonian window into Total Reality!

Jyotish is something that bridges the two view portals. Its springboard is Newtonian reality, because we calculate planets and all other astronomical stuff using Newtonian principles. But once the chart is erected we begin to use this Newtonian map to delve into the Quantum reality that the HUMAN EXPERIENCE as I call it, really is! Think about that for a minute!

There is nothing in astrological 'logic' that is readily explainable based on Newtonian mindsets! And yet we keep testing astrology through Newtonian paradigms and reach nowhere or worse: wrong conclusions as to how astrology works! How karma works, how the spirit reality that astrology tunes into works! And we run into the conundrum that has intrigued and frustrated physicists for many many years: Is light a wave or particle!

To some extent medicine also presents a similar experience. The machines, the diagnostic protocols and SOPs, the precise medication and doses and all that surrounds it are to a large extent Newtonian, but given all things equal, disease, background, constitution, sometimes even genes (identical twins), the two individuals respond differently to the same disease with one showing an incredible will to live while the other giving up readily. That to me represents the Quantum glimpse that reminds us that there is a halo around the Newtonian principles -- some choose to call that halo an angel, soul, even GOD!

RR
wow....really RR ji, don't get me wrong, how do u come up with this...
the newtonian and the quantum physics...its just like looking in the mirror with present query...
u r really a man of many words sir, hats off

regards to all
sahil

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:59 am

Sahil ji,

The credit all goes to those who I responded to. Answers are many, but the credit goes to the right question, always!

A question is like a seed! The right answer lies dormant within it, always!

Switching back to Newtonian reaility for this one, if I may -- if you desire for mangoes, planting pumpkin seeds would not help! Like I said: A question is like a seed. The answer that flows/emerges would not if the seed was different!

Don't you agree?

RR

[quote="arian_1c"][quote="rohiniranjan"]There are two realities: Newtonian and Quantum, as modern Physics has now recognized and validated.

The Newtonian Universe is what most scientists and rationalists know and love, because it is better understood, more predictable and works mostly like a streamlined, well designed machine.

All applied scientists (for instance engineers and doctors) love that realm because it increases certainties, reduces unwelcome surprises and reduce headaches for them as they build their bridges and mansions or treat patients.

The Quantum reality is more ephemeral, almost mystical but while it is full of uncertainties (and not all of those unpredictable -- as Heisenberg demonstrated/observed) it is also full of possibilities that expand our Newtonian Universe or Newtonian window into Total Reality!

Jyotish is something that bridges the two view portals. Its springboard is Newtonian reality, because we calculate planets and all other astronomical stuff using Newtonian principles. But once the chart is erected we begin to use this Newtonian map to delve into the Quantum reality that the HUMAN EXPERIENCE as I call it, really is! Think about that for a minute!

There is nothing in astrological 'logic' that is readily explainable based on Newtonian mindsets! And yet we keep testing astrology through Newtonian paradigms and reach nowhere or worse: wrong conclusions as to how astrology works! How karma works, how the spirit reality that astrology tunes into works! And we run into the conundrum that has intrigued and frustrated physicists for many many years: Is light a wave or particle!

To some extent medicine also presents a similar experience. The machines, the diagnostic protocols and SOPs, the precise medication and doses and all that surrounds it are to a large extent Newtonian, but given all things equal, disease, background, constitution, sometimes even genes (identical twins), the two individuals respond differently to the same disease with one showing an incredible will to live while the other giving up readily. That to me represents the Quantum glimpse that reminds us that there is a halo around the Newtonian principles -- some choose to call that halo an angel, soul, even GOD!

RR[/quote]

wow....really RR ji, don't get me wrong, how do u come up with this...
the newtonian and the quantum physics...its just like looking in the mirror with present query...
u r really a man of many words sir, hats off

regards to all
sahil[/quote]

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:05 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:Sahil ji,

Switching back to Newtonian reality for this one, if I may -- if you desire for mangoes, planting pumpkin seeds would not help! Like I said: A question is like a seed. The answer that flows/emerges would not if the seed was different!

Don't you agree?

RR
no questioning that, but many  a times, its how u put something tht makes a whole lot of difference, i think u've got a thesaurus with lots of anomalies , metaphors and similes :)

regards to all
sahil

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:26 pm

[quote="arian_1c"][quote="rohiniranjan"]Sahil ji,

Switching back to Newtonian reality for this one, if I may -- if you desire for mangoes, planting pumpkin seeds would not help! Like I said: A question is like a seed. The answer that flows/emerges would not if the seed was different!

Don't you agree?

RR

[/quote]

no questioning that, but many  a times, its how u put something tht makes a whole lot of difference, i think u've got a thesaurus with lots of anomalies , metaphors and similes :)

regards to all
sahil[/quote]

Sahil ji,

"how you put it" literally applies to planting a seed too. Some seeds are hardy such as wildgrass or Shilajit which will grow even in rocky soil while others are more tender and need extra care, tilling of soil, right moisture, right temperature, right nutrients and so on. The analogy applies, in other case.

I did not understand your reference to a thesaurus. I do have a thesaurus in my word-processor <quizzical look>

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:53 pm

i was merely refering to your choice of phrases, they r always the best

jaydoc

Post by jaydoc » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi RRji,

&nbsp; &nbsp;sorry i couldn't post for a day, i was having my night calls, was busy with work and all that. Anyway, couldn't read much - either for USMLE or for astrology. i will post any doubts i get as soon as i begin reading more.

&nbsp; By the way, have you read Light on Life....? i found it one of the best books written by a modern day astrologer....! unless you wrote one yourself....?!!!

Rohiniranjan

Re: re:

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:53 pm

[quote="arian_1c"]i was merely refering to your choice of phrases, they r always the best[/quote]

hmm... I generally do not uses phrases, but thanks!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:54 am

[quote="jaydoc"]Hi RRji,

sorry i couldn't post for a day, i was having my night calls, was busy with work and all that. Anyway, couldn't read much - either for USMLE or for astrology. i will post any doubts i get as soon as i begin reading more.

By the way, have you read Light on Life....? i found it one of the best books written by a modern day astrologer....! unless you wrote one yourself....?!!![/quote]

Dear Jay,

I missed you ;-)

I have heard good things about books by De Fouw and Svoboda and a few others that are making so much more sense to those that are trying to learn astrology in the 90s and later. I wish I had the time and resources to acquire and study all these books.

Must be my loss ...

I know you are being nice in your closing statement but writing jyotish books at this time really sounds like too much work. It is like trying to add more icing (topping) on top of Everest and dreaming that it will make any difference!

I have always maintained (at least since early 90s) that all that is really needed and necessary to learn and understand Jyotish has already been written. With all the textbooks and some exercise books already available, what is missing is LAB TIME!

It is not books, books, more books but
charts, charts, more charts!

A doctor friend of mine once confessed/shared that he learned way more about medicine in the evening hours he spent on a daily basis in being with the patients in his teaching hospital than all the time he spent cramming his fat text books.

My jaw dropped on hearing this! Did he say medicine or did he mean Jyotish?

RR

jaydoc

Post by jaydoc » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:18 pm

hi RRji,

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;glad to know you missed me....! hope you are carrying on in the usual shelley - cum - einstein - cum - parashara mode....!

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; if you really wish to read the book i can e - mail it you...! i have a scanned copy of it lying around somewhere on my hard disk.

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; yes, i realize what you are talking about, but to me practising with my own chart is going to take me at least one lifetime i feel....!!!

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; when i'm going to master jyothish or at least be conversant with the salient principles of it, i don't know. i guess tht this is not what i'm meant to be, and such knowledge is for the more evolved souls like you.

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;BTW, hope my chart is receiving some attention from your scholarly mind....!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:50 pm

No Jay, that would not be fair to the authors (copyright etc), but thanks for the offer.

Like I said, your chart is in the queue and probably will get to it in a couple of months or so. I do not read charts on the fly so have to find quality time to do so. I bet you will hear from others from all the forums where you posted your questions, before you hear from me.

RR

[quote="jaydoc"]hi RRji,

glad to know you missed me....! hope you are carrying on in the usual shelley - cum - einstein - cum - parashara mode....!

if you really wish to read the book i can e - mail it you...! i have a scanned copy of it lying around somewhere on my hard disk.

yes, i realize what you are talking about, but to me practising with my own chart is going to take me at least one lifetime i feel....!!!

when i'm going to master jyothish or at least be conversant with the salient principles of it, i don't know. i guess tht this is not what i'm meant to be, and such knowledge is for the more evolved souls like you.

BTW, hope my chart is receiving some attention from your scholarly mind....![/quote]

Return to “Vedic Astrology”