Im kinda confused over Navamsa and other d charts

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

wyldorkid3

Im kinda confused over Navamsa and other d charts

Post by wyldorkid3 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:07 am

:smt017 Okay, so I have to admit that attempting to learn this ancient system is by far the most mind boggling, eye crossing thing I have ever attempted to do. I however am definitely determined to understand chart interpretation so that I may better comprehend my purpose in life as well as the life missions and karmic consequences of the people I love. It came on suddenly, like a lightening strike and before I knew it I was sucked in. For some unknown reason I have this urgent need to figure this thing out, despite the accuracies and comfort of Western astrology. And while I understand that it takes almost a lifetime devoted to studying vedic astrology to truly grasp its mysteries, I still feel the need to take short cuts. So I am trying to figure out if you read the Navamsa chart in the same manner that you would read the natal chart. Does one combine the results of the Rashi and Navamsa or does the Navamsa soley determine planetary strength? And how one would go about interpreting the other D-charts like the Hora or Drekkana? It's so confusing, but I really feel like I need to understand. It's an honor to be a part of this forum.

Jen
Miami

Rohiniranjan

Re: Im kinda confused over Navamsa and other d charts

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:59 am

Dear Jen!,

Why such urgency and impatience to master it all in a short time, from someone who is so young? :-)

I will tell you about a secret path into this jungle known as astrology in general and jyotish/vedic in particular.

When you are in a Jungle, a forest -- you will come upon many a trail, right? You can follow each of these and some go to wonderful domains, others just make you feel lost.

Should you take on, all of these trails? Depends on two things:
a) How adventureous you are
b) How scared you are of getting lost

The two are connected! Those of us who for some past-life reasons feel safe and at home in the forest would not get scared and pursue all of these wonderful trails and hikes and enjoy because we do not feel we are in strange territory, in some allien land!

This fear of getting lost is what gets in the way of enjoying the jyotish experience, or the astrological experience in general.

What is the rush? Leave aside the navamsha and other finer divisions, and focus on just the sign/rashi/D1/V1 reality! There are so many ways to milk the rashi goat! {It does start with the Arian Ram!}:

Rashi/bhava
Dispositor
Bhavat bhavam
Pada/Arudha
Nakshatra/sub
Ashtakavarga
Sudarshana
Functional nature of planets

I could visualize an entire lifetime just exploring those paths and trails!

Yes! I am not ambitious or in any rush, when it comes to astrology ...

Too bad, you are in such a rush to go and not stay a bit longer to play ...

Peace ...

Rohiniranjan

[quote="wyldorkid3"]:smt017 Okay, so I have to admit that attempting to learn this ancient system is by far the most mind boggling, eye crossing thing I have ever attempted to do. I however am definitely determined to understand chart interpretation so that I may better comprehend my purpose in life as well as the life missions and karmic consequences of the people I love. It came on suddenly, like a lightening strike and before I knew it I was sucked in. For some unknown reason I have this urgent need to figure this thing out, despite the accuracies and comfort of Western astrology. And while I understand that it takes almost a lifetime devoted to studying vedic astrology to truly grasp its mysteries, I still feel the need to take short cuts. So I am trying to figure out if you read the Navamsa chart in the same manner that you would read the natal chart. Does one combine the results of the Rashi and Navamsa or does the Navamsa soley determine planetary strength? And how one would go about interpreting the other D-charts like the Hora or Drekkana? It's so confusing, but I really feel like I need to understand. It's an honor to be a part of this forum.

Jen
Miami[/quote]

baba

Post by baba » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:56 am

Very well said Rohiniranjan. I would like to add that there are Tigers, Snakes and Scorpions in this jungle as well....tread carefully my friend and with patience for many a paths here lead to nowhere. And then you need to turn back and start all over again.

Shri Ram lived in the jungle for 14 years - you may have to wander for at least 20 before you discover yourself thru this science.

O This world of Maya!

wyldorkid3

Post by wyldorkid3 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:54 am

Both of your words are very wise and I appreciate you taking the time to give me your guidance. I thought that to understand your natal chart you had to venture into the navamsa and other dcharts. The truth is that someone had done a chart for me with little information given. All I have been trying to do is understand the meaning of the documents placed in front of me, especially since my life has been so difficult. It was important for me to understand why these things have happened.  This has led me to learn the basics, and since I have no other guidance as to where I should start, or how long I should devote to one particular area, I have been innocently walking through your perilous tiger/snake/scorpion infested jungle unaware of what is most important and what can be saved for later. I learn very chaotically and when I find an interesting facet I tend to go for it, even if it is way before my time. This is why I asked about the other charts. Mine are in front of me and I dont know what they mean and i guess they are driving me crazy.  It's like having the secrets of the universe in your hands and not being able to read them. But I certainly understand your points. And I must admit that you are right. I must get to know the other areas before I venture further into the labrynth. Honestly I didnt realize that the other D-charts weren't suppose to be read in conjunction with the natal chart. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:18 pm

If you were drawing the conclusion in your last sentence (below) from my response, then you misunderstood me and therefore I must clarify what I stated. The vargas are all supposed to be read together (rashi or D1 is also a varga, by the way!) but not at the beginning of one's study as beginners can get confused with all this mishmash of contradictory information (at times!). BUT there is no technical reason to not read them all together!

Also, note that due to different ayanamshas used, the spread of vargas that you are looking at and getting confused may actually be different if different ayanamshas are used. You may be cancer rising in navamsha by one ayanamsha, but leo by another ayanamsha!

Clear as mud?

Those are the tigers and snakes that Baba ji was referring to. The other tigers and snakes are the black magic that has permeated modern jyotish so much that it is being treated as an essential part of jyotish!

<sorry to turn a dream into a nightmare!>

RR

[quote="wyldorkid3"]Both of your words are very wise and I appreciate you taking the time to give me your guidance. I thought that to understand your natal chart you had to venture into the navamsa and other dcharts. The truth is that someone had done a chart for me with little information given. All I have been trying to do is understand the meaning of the documents placed in front of me, especially since my life has been so difficult. It was important for me to understand why these things have happened.  This has led me to learn the basics, and since I have no other guidance as to where I should start, or how long I should devote to one particular area, I have been innocently walking through your perilous tiger/snake/scorpion infested jungle unaware of what is most important and what can be saved for later. I learn very chaotically and when I find an interesting facet I tend to go for it, even if it is way before my time. This is why I asked about the other charts. Mine are in front of me and I dont know what they mean and i guess they are driving me crazy.  It's like having the secrets of the universe in your hands and not being able to read them. But I certainly understand your points. And I must admit that you are right. I must get to know the other areas before I venture further into the labrynth. Honestly I didnt realize that the other D-charts weren't suppose to be read in conjunction with the natal chart. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.[/quote]

Return to “Vedic Astrology”