Regarding the position of planets in kendras/Dusthanas

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Regarding the position of planets in kendras/Dusthanas

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:56 pm

Dear Dada & others,

Please read the statement below:=

Notice that malefics are like guards. They do not give easily and so also malefics are preferred in strong dusthana because they become like guards ensuring that the prana doesn't leave. If a malefic is in kendra then it may block the blessings which enter through the kendra and so also they should be weak to ensure the blessings are not blocked. Hence malefics neecha in kendra or koṇa give rajayoga. An example of this is Jupiter's placement for Queen Victoria, which made her Queen.

Benefics give easily, and also also they should not be in dusthana as then they will allow the prana to leave very quickly! Hence Parasara states that a single benefic retrograde in a duḥsthana is terrible. If they must be in dusthana then they must be weak, whilst in kendra or koṇa they must be strong. An example of a strong Jupiter in dusthana is Queen Alexandra Czarevitch, which caused the end of her entire family.

Viparita Rajayoga is the opposite of the above. Herein malefics should be STRONG in kendra/koṇa to defeat a friend! Or weak in dusthana to defeat a foe. Neither are good as someone else is falling, and thus also a strong lagnesa is required to ensure ones personal success in spite of failures of others.

The above applies to both lordships and natural dispositions of planets.

I wonder whats your take on this & the logic?
Or if this can be made simpler.

Thanks,

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:10 pm

Rishi,

For the Czarina, are you using bhavarambha? Or considering the 3rd as a dusthaana, like the fear-invoking trikas where the drama of VRY wields its intriguing promise...?

mysbcrs

Re: Regarding the position of planets in kendras/Dusthanas

Post by mysbcrs » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:13 am

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Dada & others,

Notice that malefics are like guards. They do not give easily and so also malefics are preferred in strong dusthana because they become like guards ensuring that the prana doesn't leave. If a malefic is in kendra then it may block the blessings which enter through the kendra and so also they should be weak to ensure the blessings are not blocked. Hence malefics neecha in kendra or koṇa give rajayoga. An example of this is Jupiter's placement for Queen Victoria, which made her Queen.

Benefics give easily, and also also they should not be in dusthana as then they will allow the prana to leave very quickly! Hence Parasara states that a single benefic retrograde in a duḥsthana is terrible. If they must be in dusthana then they must be weak, whilst in kendra or koṇa they must be strong. An example of a strong Jupiter in dusthana is Queen Alexandra Czarevitch, which caused the end of her entire family.

Viparita Rajayoga is the opposite of the above. Herein malefics should be STRONG in kendra/koṇa to defeat a friend! Or weak in dusthana to defeat a foe. Neither are good as someone else is falling, and thus also a strong lagnesa is required to ensure ones personal success in spite of failures of others.

Thanks,

Rishi
Namasthe Rishi ji,

Looks like this is based on a discussion on the great Parashara Exception on another forum. To be frank, I could not make much of what you have mentioned above.

When I thought through the exception rule, it occurred to me that it is possible only in respect of 4 signs as ascendant (taking only full and special aspects into account):

1. Ta (debilitated Ju aspecting lagna from Cp)
2. Ge (debilitated Sa aspecting lagna from Ar)
3. Cn (debilitated Ju aspecting lagna from Cp)
4. Pi (debilitated Ve aspecting lagna from Vi)

While the only malefic would be in Upaachaya the benefics in two cases are in quadrants and in one in trine. Confusing and perhaps that is why it is called an exception!

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:35 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Rishi,

For the Czarina, are you using bhavarambha? Or considering the 3rd as a dusthaana, like the fear-invoking trikas where the drama of VRY wields its intriguing promise...?

Dada,

This excerpt is taken from a post in another forum. The words are not mine at all. Nor do I have the birthdetails of the mentioned celebrities.

Any special comments for a good understanding?

Rishi
Last edited by RishiRahul on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Regarding the position of planets in kendras/Dusthanas

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:42 am

mysbcrs wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Dear Dada & others,

Thanks,

Rishi
Namasthe Rishi ji,

Looks like this is based on a discussion on the great Parashara Exception on another forum. To be frank, I could not make much of what you have mentioned above.

When I thought through the exception rule, it occurred to me that it is possible only in respect of 4 signs as ascendant (taking only full and special aspects into account):

1. Ta (debilitated Ju aspecting lagna from Cp)
2. Ge (debilitated Sa aspecting lagna from Ar)
3. Cn (debilitated Ju aspecting lagna from Cp)
4. Pi (debilitated Ve aspecting lagna from Vi)

While the only malefic would be in Upaachaya the benefics in two cases are in quadrants and in one in trine. Confusing and perhaps that is why it is called an exception!

Dear mysbcrs,

Yes, this post is one from some thread as mentioned by you.
I did not read the other posts, but was intrigued by this very post as its made by visti Larsen.

So I was wondering if you guys could explain the logic better.

Talking of viparith rajayoga he says that malefics should be weak in dusthana for it to occur. But for it to occur properly should the lagna be strong?

Thanks,

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Dear Rishi et alia,

Not being privy to this other thread in some other forum, or what got discussed there and general context of such discussions, etc., I am trying to come to the grips with that, and do not wish to jump and do a "cannon-ball' in the pool :-)
All kidding aside, one comment by Vijiyan intrigued me and wondered if he and others could enlighten me a bit. He referred to functional beneficience/maleficience as something "invented". The 'term' might be modern, but is the phenomenon or attribute from the generally accepted dicta in the body of Jyotish?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Vedic Astrology”