Dion Who?

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Crow

Dion Who?

Post by Crow » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:55 am

:smt003  

For a little while I have been sorting through ideas in my head again.  Today a little disheartened for what I was feeling inside.  When out of the blue I was reminded of one of my favorites.  So moved I began to research more of her life.  Upon reading the words I broke out in tears, so moving. I really have no idea why I began to cry when I read the tributes. That was strange today.  But I thought I would share this with others.  Why? Do I ever know?   :smt005

Today I was draw to a book called "principles of esoteric healing"  by Dion Fortune.  This is one I have yet to read, but I found some comfort when I found it. Why?  Again...no clue.  But I am at peace again.

There has only been three books that I have read of hers.  The irony would be that during my darkest time dealing with the nut ball psychiatrist, I would have her book to read.  This brought me so much comfort that I cannot even begin to describe.  I felt less alone.  The seeds were planted.

Metaphysics and the Occult had no real merit in the fields of Science and Psychology.

Or did it?  :smt002

Perhaps there will be more to come.

Safe Journey

dessa

Dion Who

Post by dessa » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:00 pm

The last few days I have had Crows, yes CROWS coming up, I know this is sharing many meanings, as this is part of my personal totem as well as coming up as a message to me.

I also knew part of the reason for so many repeatative and out of place or unexpected mentions of Crow were to make sure I paid attention, once is interesting, 5 times in less than 2 days all different sources, ie something on TV, something on a web site, something in TWO different types of fictional books, means I have a message there is something I am supposed to pay attention to and Crow is to guide me.

So when I saw Crow, I didn't even look at what it was connected to I followed it, I saw your id, and ended up reading your post, well I am aware of who Dion Fortune is, and I have read some the odd thing is I do not know the exact title of the book when I look at the books listed, the thing is even the story of how I had found the book was well something of an intervention.

But now I can not find the title of that book or the one I had gone looking for when I found it.  I sometimes wonder if I had imagined the entire thing except if I did, then so did the person who was with me at the time.

But thanks for the post, I think I will both look for those two books which are in my house somewhere, they were my mom's, and the one you mentioned, it kind of just feels like this is where Crow was leading me.

dessa

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:14 pm

I read one her books 40 years ago and it was the start of the change in my life - nuff sed!

Crow

Post by Crow » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:31 pm

Dear Dessa, I am not sure which book you are talking about. Perhaps if you left a description myself or others familar with it would be able to help you with the title.

Prof. Akers, your avatar is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

Okay I wished to add more to this thread for others interested in Dion's work.

I had posted this link in another thread, but thought that I would post this here for others wishing to read some of Dion's work. This is wonderful to see!  I never had a problem downloading these ebooks of hers.
But again please scan before you open the file.  This I cannot
stress enough. Wouldn't want your machine to catch a cold. ;)

Ceremonial Magic Unveiled
Psychic Self Defense
The Machinery of the Mind
The Mystical Qabalah
The Secrets of Dr. John Richard Taverner

http://www.occult-underground.com/fortune.html

Okay here is a site that has a list of e-books, articles, etc.  If you scroll down on the page you will find the ebook for Cosmic Doctrine by Dion Fortune. This is not on the list I gave in the above link.  I clicked the link and it goes to the pages.
I also tried the links for Psychic Self-Defense, and The Mystical Qabalah.
There was nothing to download, opened the ebook in another page.  Haven't tried the other links but again please scan any files before you open them just to be safe.

Cosmic Doctrine
Psychic Self-Defense
The Mystical Qabalah

http://www.awakening-intuition.com/ebooks.html

Safe Journey

dessa

Post by dessa » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:35 pm

Crow wrote:Dear Dessa, I am not sure which book you are talking about. Perhaps if you left a description myself or others familar with it would be able to help you with the title.
my cousin wanted to find a book about Angels for my mom, the he just read to give as a gift for her birthday so it was late march early april of 99.

we went to borders and went to the section where the book would be, we both look over the entire the section, we couldn't find the book, we went over to customer service, they check showed the book was in stock Divine Intervention I think was the title not sure now, though I feel certain Divine was part of the title I am positive both the Dion Fortune and Doreen Virtue books were about Angels.

So the clerk, my cousin and I went to find the book. We three search the whole section couldn't find it. I was standing in the isle between the shelves with my hand resting on a shelf, leaning on it kind of while my cousin and the clerk went to see if perhaps someone moved it, [since they showed it in stock] to the next row of shelves.

They didn't find the book, and while I was in that isle NO one came in the isle I was waiting in. I kind of looked at the shelf next to me some more see if anything caught my eye of interest I read alot.

Still no angel book by Dion Fortune.

Ok so now the two guys come back over by me, my cousin and the clerk start talking, when my cousin puts his hand on the shelf you know to kind of lean on it, and now [even though it wasn't there that any of the three of us saw this whole time and as I said I was in that area the whole time no one came near that shelf] there was a book laying on its side, not put in the shelf the way the others were.

Divine Guidance by Doreen Virtue was the second book that we found.

Because right after my cousin "found" the book he had been looking for, the clerk had found another book similiar so we each purchased one for my mom, and so she had both books about angels. one by Doreen Virtue and one by Dion Fortune, I

It seems to have popped on to the shelf on its own from no where and while I have read it a couple of times between 1998 and 2004, since that time the book doesn't seem to exist.

So it is a book by Dion Fortune about angels, and similiar to Divine Guidance by Doreen Virtue.

Crow

Post by Crow » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 pm

Dessa, this does not ring a bell.  I am unfamilar with Doreen Virtue so I can not compare. Wouldn't it have been nice to have in the title...This is a book about all you need to know reguarding Angels? lol  

Perhaps another member of the forum has this knowledge for the specific title.  In the mean time I will continue to search for this book, it sounds interesting.

I am a little behind.  Having tried to grasp some of her books earlier when I was a teen.  Only now I am starting to return again and finding these terms and concepts easier for me to comprehend.  I did however understand Psychic Defense back then, and it really helped me.   It has been 15 years since I have read any books of hers cover to cover.  I however had downloaded some of her ebooks so I can go back when I have more time and read.  To tell you the truth...I cannot remember the last time I read a book beginning to end!  Besides a kiddie book. ;)

I did however find this wonderful link that I will share.

The Secrets of Dr. John Richard Taverner (fiction)
Aspects of Occultism
Sea Priestess (fiction)
Through the Gates of Death
Concerning the Sword of Geburah (wonder where they got this??!!)
Demon Lover (fiction)
Cosmic Doctrine
Talismans (Again was this taken from a book? Referance is needed.)
The Deeper Issues of Occultism (date, and referance??!!)
Mystical Qabbalah
Sane Occultist (should be "sane occultism".)
The Machinery of the Mind

http://www.scribd.com/search?query=%22dion+fortune%22

I will keep looking for you Dessa.  Thought Dion talked about Angels alot, or did she?  Oh heavens my brain is not functioning. Under the weather, cold has set in.  Need some yummy tea to cleanse.  If there are others who might be able to help Dessa please do. Not sure when I will be able to devote more time for this search.  Need to rest.

Safe Journey

dessa

Post by dessa » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:02 pm

I know it gets to the point when you wonder if you are overlapping one author with another, but since both authors purchased at the same time as I stated in such unusualy way did the book by Dion Fortune pop up, that it is memorable, the author any way. That both authors were women whose names started with a D ended with N, then had last names that are not last names but ideal, such as virtue to be virtuous, fortune to have good fortune... kind of made it stand out more for me.

IF it weren't for the fact that my cousin who has since married twice, and moved 7 times so he doesn't have his copy of the book either, but he does remember it all happening, so if it weren't for the fact that I was with someone else when all this happened, add to that it was the second to last birthday my mom had, since she passed away the following year which makes it stand out even more.

Any way, thanks I am always reading and finding great authors, that was  time that started me on the Angels more than before. There are other odd coincidences that make some of this stand out as well series of events, not just one or two things.

I will hopefully have time soon to get to check some of the information you have shared sounds like it could be interesting.

LOL I can not imagine not finishing a book, in fact I am still looking for a kids book one I read when I was 11 but never got to finish it since it had to go back to the library, oddly enough after that I read faster lol I will some day find this children's book and finish it, since it is the only book I haven't finished lol which is not a good thing if you get stuck on a book you don't like lol I suppose that is why I read several at one time.

hmm well a quick search online can give you an idea on Doreen Virtue her big thing is Angels, and Angel guides though she has a lovely book Healing with the Fairies, several oracle decks as well. though I think she may be getting to commercial, some of her things are worth checking into if you are interested in Angels, but her stuff is less occult and magic and more spiritual and angelic.

dessa

Post by dessa » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:15 pm

Crow,

With all my searching for this book by her, I can't help but wonder, did I mess up the authors etc, yet I feel so sure that I had gotten this, I know I purchased a book on angels for my mom for her birthday in 1998, I also know that my cousin did as well, and the book he purchased was the Doreen Virtue one LOL I suppose I am going to have to at some point just tear the house apart to find it. Or reorganize the whole house,

I know Divine Guidance was Virtue's book.

I remember doing an internet search on this once before about 4 or 5 years ago, lol the thing is, right after that I found the both books and then looked them both up online and of course they were both there. Should be interesting to see what pops up.

great site with the info for the downloads of Dion Fortune's books thanks for that.

Return to “Occult and Magick”