Tempting fate

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

claireinnes1982

Tempting fate

Post by claireinnes1982 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Hey all, love and light to everyone,

I am really confused. Im not sure what it is but I have lately found that when I say things like I havent had a coldsore in a while - one pops up the next day, or like this week, Ive thought I havent been bitten by insect in a while (because I was constantly for a month or so) and then the next day one appears on the back of my knee and then the day after - one on my ankle. Then last night I thought, Im so happy, my daughter who is 22 months is sleeping through the night every night all night for the first time in ages (now all her teeth are finally through!!!) and then she wakes up last night and shes just chatting away and Im not getting any sleep you know??? what is this??? is fate purposely staring at me? waiting for me to say something? have I been cursed? do I have some sort of power to get negative things happening to me or what??? lol any help would be appreciated, its a little out of my understanding depth.

thanks
claire

Leof

Post by Leof » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi Claire, I'm sure you are familiar with the term, "knock on wood." That is derived from an ancient belief that spirits lived in organic things like wood and nature and these beings were rather cunning and often enjoyed causing mischief. The gifts under the tree on Christmas were not originally for spoiled kids but for the local spirits as a peace offering so that they would continue to live in harmony with their human neighbors. Their are probably as many folk tales of helpful spirits as their are of more crafty ones.

If you are willing to humor on old folk belief in elfs and dwarfs then maybe leaving an offering for them might a good measure. If not that I have often pondered on the subject of a masochistic psi. Sometimes, for some people sabotage their own efforts and fall short of the finish line. Maybe those who have a latant gift might be sabotaging themselves in ways that would make murphy's law cringe. Being born under the sign of Aquarius might attract such folly since Aqaurius is danger prone. ;)

I can't say for sure but I would think if it were a curse it wouldn't have been given the added clause of being triggered only when it was ironically inconvient.

In either case I think leaving a gift offering and asking for protection from bad things happening to you might rectify both and couldn't hurt anything!

-Good luck

claireinnes1982

Thankyou Leof!

Post by claireinnes1982 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:29 pm

So what sort of offering do I leave? Im not knowledgeable about this sort of thing so perhaps you could give me some ideas? will they take the gift? or is it just symbolic so they see it and then they are happy?

Should I ask them for protection? or my spirit guides?

Sorry to be confused!

thanks again

claireinnes1982

cont

Post by claireinnes1982 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Also, I feel its not just this house its been at least a few houses you know? so if it is mystical, perhaps they are following me?

Leof

Post by Leof » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:11 pm

For an offering you can just leave some ale or food but let them know it's for them. Usually me and my pagan friends bury it or pour it out on the fresh ground. If it seems to follow you around request protection. If you are religious just pray for protection from your preferred divinity or ask the land spirits for protection in return. It could be some bad luck is just following you around right now.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:10 am

When you realize something good like not being stung by a bee in a while, express gratitude for this. Then spirits will feel good about protecting you.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

Return to “Occult and Magick”