Salvia Divinorum

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Fharris

Salvia Divinorum

Post by Fharris » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Hey guys,
I would just like to find out your thoughts on the use of hallucinogens and having spiritual or psychic experiences.
I have recently obtained some Salvia Divinorum herb, and was interested in finding out if any of you have had any experience with it.
I have heard from a disapproving friend, that by using such substances, you are forcing your way into places and altered mental states where you possibly should not be messing around with.
I got some Salvia because I read an extract somewhere (not sure who it is by) that says something along the lines of our energy being like drops of water spray from a waterfall, all from one source, and our lives are the falling spray droplets, to be rejoined again upon death, back to the main river and life source. Wherever I read this, they said that the use of Salvia Divinorum has been used to "rejoin" the main stream for a short period of time. This intrigued me.
I have now tried the salvia briefly, not properly, and definately had a short  mind altering experience, but wouldnt call it spiritual.
Any thoughts from people?

KitawnaMagyar

Re: Salvia Divinorum

Post by KitawnaMagyar » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Fharris wrote:Hey guys,
I would just like to find out your thoughts on the use of hallucinogens and having spiritual or psychic experiences.
I have recently obtained some Salvia Divinorum herb, and was interested in finding out if any of you have had any experience with it.
I have heard from a disapproving friend, that by using such substances, you are forcing your way into places and altered mental states where you possibly should not be messing around with.
I got some Salvia because I read an extract somewhere (not sure who it is by) that says something along the lines of our energy being like drops of water spray from a waterfall, all from one source, and our lives are the falling spray droplets, to be rejoined again upon death, back to the main river and life source. Wherever I read this, they said that the use of Salvia Divinorum has been used to "rejoin" the main stream for a short period of time. This intrigued me.
I have now tried the salvia briefly, not properly, and definately had a short  mind altering experience, but wouldnt call it spiritual.
Any thoughts from people?

Greetings Fharrris,  

I have used Salvia Divinorum on several occasions (mostly for vision questing, healing or when I must do a deeply intense inner journey).  I have used it in both the infused tea form which is more potent than smoking the leaves.  The tea's effects last longer than the smoked effect which is actually only a few moments time frame, but highly intense if done right.  The effects from smoking the leaves is immediate.  The effects can last up to 15 minutes depending on how long ya hold that hit in.  It can also be chewed or made into a tincture (with alcohol).  Chewing the leaves the effects come on slowly after 15 - 20 minutes, but last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half.  The tea or tincture's effect is more intense and last between an hour to 2 hours if made properly.  

The state of mind you are in when you utilize salvia divinorum is crucial, much like with using any hallucinogenic substance whether man-made or natural plant life; it also depends on the company you are with that effects the experiences with salvia divinorum...  I will warn you that it is not recommended for regular usage.  From time to time is best.  If smoked, tis best done in a waterpipe to soothe the harshness when flame is applied and the smoke inhaled...  hold the smoke in as long as possible and slowly exhale.  

My experiences are different from yours and others because I am in a different place when I utilize salvia divinorum.  Yes, it is used during spiritual ventures that I must undergo or in healings as shamans have done for centuries.  

Many who do use salvia divinorum experience laughter, visions of different dimensional spaces, colors (many get creatively inspired), etc.  This is not a recreational drug... it is a conscious bending substance that should be honored and used carefully.  And whatever you do, do not stand up for your coordination will be ALL off....and could result in injury.  Tis best to remain settled and sitting when using salvia divinorum.

Namaste....
K
~ Damnant Quod Non Intelligent.  (They condemn what they don't understand).  Docendo Discimus (We learn by teaching).  Omnia Mutantur, Nos Et Mutamur In Illis (All things are changing, and we are changing with them) ~

phiber_optixz

Post by phiber_optixz » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:23 pm

These links from Erowid, should be helpful... I have never tried this herb though...

erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml

erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_faq.shtml

:)

PrettySiren

Post by PrettySiren » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:12 pm

I have actually been interested in trying salvia myself. I have known people who tried it. They said they don't regret it, but it's not something they would do again -- others said they would do it again, but not any time soon. And I do share the concern of perhaps messing with something that shouldn't be messed with. But at the same time, I am rather open to it.

drachespucke

Recreational Herbs

Post by drachespucke » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:01 pm

I have tried it and several others. Some are illegal in countries outside the US. Did you know there was a push to make Sage illegal? It's pretty much been abandon now because they (gov't.) deceided it wasn't worth bringing down the rath of all those cooks.
I have been dealing with a company that sells most everything for years.
As far as the effects go, I started using these herbs as a tobacco substitute.
I now smoke the equivelent of about 1 tobacco cigarette a week.
You can't just sit down, smoke the stuff and get high etc. You need to use it as part of a ceremony or ritual that helps you focus on what mood your strving for.
One persons reaction may be very different than someone elses.
I'll post the address if someone wants to look into it deeper.

Ciao

Return to “Occult and Magick”