if you are an aromatherapy fan, you'll love this book.......

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

aelis2004

if you are an aromatherapy fan, you'll love this book.......

Post by aelis2004 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:59 pm

it's a novel...... maybe you've read it years ago... I read it as ebook last winter for the first time and it made a huge impression on me. It's extremely well written, fascinating, and you actually learn a few things about perfume making. You guessed it.... (and if you didn't it doesn't matter :smt002 ), I'm talking about Patrick Suskind "PERFUME".... Did you read it? Did you like it? What did you like best? What didn't you like, if anything?
We just want to hear from you! :smt003
Last edited by aelis2004 on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:57 pm

To know more about the magickal side of aromatherapy, you may be interested in Scott Cunningham's "The Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews" :)
Good section on "how to" make oils, incense, sachets, etc... good even for beginners, clearly explained. Lots of useful appendices in the back (herbs substitutions list is really good!)

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:22 am

Gwydion's O'Hara "Magick of Aromatherapy". I have the Spanish version, "La magia de la aromaterapia". Very informative, my first aromatherapy book. :)

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:39 am

Culpeper's "Herbal" - Exhaustive description of herbs and their properties.

Saldaba6

This is too funny

Post by Saldaba6 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:58 pm

I have to laugh at the post you wrote concerning Scott Cunningham's book. It was exactly that book that made me pursue pure essential oils and not store bought crap. When I first started in Aromatherapy, pure essential oils were not readily available in stores, so in order to be able to purchase them, I had to go take a course in Aromatherapy. During my course, the most important discovery I made was that of essential rose oil (rose otto or rose absolute). Although store bought rose oils sort of smell like roses, they really do not. Rose "oils" bought in stores are just perfumed fragrances, most often fragranced by synthetics and not the real thing. These oils gave me a massive headache. Yet when smelling pure essential Rose Otto or Rose Absolute, I received no headache whatsoever.
Scott Cunningham encourages one to use pure essential oils for the best magical work or the best results. I tend to agree. Pure is much better than synthetic and in many cases the oils do not even smell the same.
Love and Light :smt002
Breathe in the air, don't be afraid to care...... Look around, choose your own ground. - Pink Floyd

Return to “Aromatherapy”