Vanilla and Honeysuckle

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Prien

Vanilla and Honeysuckle

Post by Prien » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:11 pm

Hello,

I have tried many many times to find any info on the 'emotional profiles' for Honeysuckle and Vanilla essential oils.

The few tidbits that I did get for Honeysuckle was: Nostalgia, Homesickness...and a few other things I can't remember at the moment. It reminded me of the Bach Flower remedy (nostalgia, homesickness, etc.) description.

I could find nothing on Vanilla.

The reason why I'm interested in these two is because I had a dream where I opened up a bottle of perfume that came out in 1925 called Shalimar (I had to look up what it was, because the details in the dream were fuzzy and I could only go by remembering the bottle's basic appearance...the Shalimar was the only one that matched the bottle in my dream.)

The Vanilla has reminded me of that time...Every time I smell it, it is erotic to me, and reminds me of a woman I met in that year (had a dream about that as well).

The Honeysuckle does the same...it is erotic to me.

On a sort of related note: A certain hosta that has white flowers (it is one of the larger types of hosta) that smell like a blend of Honeysuckle, Vanilla, and Jasmine...again - very erotic to me, but this time reminds me of the 1930's-1940's.

Thanks for Any Info.,

GPrien

Saldaba6

Hi There

Post by Saldaba6 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:27 pm

I am very interested in the dream you have mentioned. My favourite perfume is shalimar and is about the only one I use. I find it soft, almost like a baby powder scent. There are several sites on the net, perfume sites, that give the information as to what is in each perfume.  As for the emotional qualities of honeysuckle and vanilla, I would have to say that honeysuckle would be a feeling of springtime warmth and vanilla would be a feeling of home. Neither one of these are made into pure essential oils. My suggestion to you would be to go to a department store that sells Shalimar and try it. It is very possible that it would be a nice perfume for you. Keep in mind that it is not cheap. If you are a male, it would make a very nice gift for a loved one:) I believe you would find the Shalimar perfume to be most erotic.
Breathe in the air, don't be afraid to care...... Look around, choose your own ground. - Pink Floyd

Saldaba6

Found this

Post by Saldaba6 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:45 pm

try this website for additional information on perfumes and what is in them
http://www.osmoz.com/encyclo/marques/pa ... &LANGUE=en
to get information on the ingredients of all perfumes go to
http://www.osmoz.com/encyclo/index.asp
hope this helps
Breathe in the air, don't be afraid to care...... Look around, choose your own ground. - Pink Floyd

Return to “Aromatherapy”