Aromatherapy for Emotional Well-Being

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:19 pm

7) Rosemary

Botanical Name: Rosmarinus officinalis

Common Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled

Color: Clear

Consistency: Thin

Perfumery Note: Middle

Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium - Strong

Aromatic Description: Fresh, herbaceous, sweet, slightly medicinal.

Possible Uses: Aching muscles, arthritis, dandruff, dull skin, exhaustion, gout, hair care, muscle cramping, neuralgia, poor circulation, rheumatism. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 56-67.]

Constituents: Cineole, Pinene, Borneol, Linalol, Alpha-Terpineol, Terpinen-4-ol, Bornyl Acetate, Camphor, Thujone, Camphene, Limonene, Beta-Caryophyllene [Shirley Price, The Aromatherapy Workbook (Hammersmith, London: Thorsons, 1993), 54-5.]

Safety Information: Neurotoxic (toxic to the nerves). Avoid in pregnancy. Avoid in epilepsy, fever (no essential oil should be taken internally without the guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner). [Robert Tisserand, Essential Oil Safety (United Kingdom: Churchill Livingstone, 1995), 165.]

Avoid in cases of hypertension. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 209.]

AquariusRising

Post by AquariusRising » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:58 pm

I want to thank you, Sunshinez, for your informative post on Aromatherapy. I too have a great interest in alternative methods of healing...
When my daughter was getting married last year I noticed I had an attaction to grapefruit oil, even buying "BabyDoll" perfume, which the notes are grapefruit. In Aromatherapy grapefruit is great for stress. So I didnt even realize it, but my body told me what I needed. If we only listened closely our bodies do know what is needed for healing.

I work with the elderly and when we meditate I usually give them orange oil on a q-tip to inhale. They look forward to my classes.
Thanks again :smt006

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:47 pm

You r welcome dear... N tahnks for appreciiating me posts :)

Return to “Aromatherapy”