another way to enjoy the sents

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Deborah

another way to enjoy the sents

Post by Deborah » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:36 am

Heat one cup of the distilled water in a saucepan. Add the desired coloring. Remove from the heat, add remaining 1 cup of distilled water and the gelatin, stirring to dissolve.
Divide the drops of essential oil, or potpourri oil, into the jars (wide mouth jelly jars or canning jars work well). Add the gelatin mixture to the jars. Place the jars in the refrigerator for about two hours.
Remove the jars from the refrigerator and cover with plastic wrap or the jar's lid. If you are using the plastic wrap choose one the new colored wraps for a prettier 'topping". Store them at room temperature. To release the scent, remove the lid or plastic wrap. If you would like to decorate the jar place piece of fabric over the lid or plastic wrap and tie with a colored ribbon or lace. You can include a silk flower tied at the end of the ribbon or knotted at the base of the jar's mouth for a floral presentation.
Comments:

Try using Knox Gelatin

being a preschool teacher I have lots of fun easy ideas ..I just thought why cant it be used here too ..

Enjoy
Deborah

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:23 am

Great idea.... I am going to try it, but have to get colouring and jelly...
Another way is to soak up with oil a little sponge and put it in a glass jar. It will keep well and you can just put the lid on to make the perfume build up again.... :)
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

Deborah

I bet..

Post by Deborah » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:21 pm

I bet your house smells good :smt020

So many sents and ways to display

Return to “Aromatherapy”