Looking for info on the gates

Know your chakras, and learn more about chakra healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Aegeus

Looking for info on the gates

Post by Aegeus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:53 am

So far all I've found is info based on an anime cartoon. The gates are basically something that limits the amount of chakra energy flowing through the body. If much energy courses through the body it causes damage after which the body needs time and rest to and repair. If too little energy flows through the body it eventually exhausts from burning up what little energy there is. Too much and the body can die.

I think some balance can be found between challenging ones self to grow, and repairing from the strain that the challenge has incurred.

I'm hoping to find some info thats not based on a violent cartoon.

"The Eight Gates are eight specific points on a person's chakra circulatory system. They limit the overall flow of chakra within a person's body. The basis for the idea of the chakra gates comes from the body's limits on the functions within it. This makes the body much weaker, but it keeps the body from expiring too soon. By opening these gates, the user can surpass their own physical limits at the cost of extreme damage to their own bodies. Rock Lee is able to open the first five gates. Guy, who taught Lee the skill, is able to open at least six. Kakashi can open at least one gate, as shown during Kakashi's one-handed rock climbing where a shot of his brain shows the relevant point activating, as well as in his usage of the Front Lotus. The gates are listed below:
A diagram of the Eight Gates and their points in the body.

* 1. Gate of Opening (Kaimon) releases the brain's limit on the total strain on the muscles, giving the user five times their normal strength and speed.
   * 2. Gate of Rest (Kyumon) releases the brain's limit on the body's stamina, making a battle-worn person become miraculously ready to fight as if the fight had just started.
   * 3. Gate of Life (Seimon) is located on the spinal cord, and releases the limit on the nervous system, which makes information travel at a faster rate and creates even more stamina. As a side effect, the user's skin turns red, indicating an increased blood-oxygen level.
   * 4. Gate of Pain (Shomon) releases the limit on oxygen intake in the lungs, creating much more oxygen for the body to use.
   * 5. Gate of Closing (Tomon) releases the limit on the amount of chakra released at one time.
   * 6. Gate of Joy (Keimon) removes the limit on how much fat and proteins the intestines can digest, and releases otherwise useless energy resources, giving the user even more power and stamina.
   * 7. Gate of Shock (Kyomon) removes the limit on how fast the body can move, removes wastes from dead skin cells to feces, and gives the body a much cleaner system to work with, producing even more power and stamina.
   * 8. Gate of Death (Shimon) opens the final gate located at the heart and uses up all the body's energy. It makes the heart pump at maximum power and exceeds the power of every other gate combined. All the energy in every individual cell is used up, giving the user power beyond any Kage. This "Big Bang" effect is only temporary, and destroys every muscle in the user's body. Death is allegedly unavoidable if you open this gate. "
Last edited by Aegeus on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ha1bara

Post by ha1bara » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:39 am

Fantastic Master!

I do have a question, though, how can we activate each of these gates ? If this truly can be activated then there would be no limit between what chakras molded as described in Anime and those in our real life.

Any details ?

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:21 pm

The limit is that which the physical body can handle. Too much and the body dies. Enough and it can repaired after which the body is stronger.

I would say intent is how they are activated. Focus and meditation. Often they are activated by necessity in trying circumstance or prompted by a situation.

But note that an activated gate can cause damage to the body which can take a very long time to recover from. I would think it much better to strengthen the body by stimulating it with exercise. The more balanced the exercise the better.

One can in a controlled way stimulate the body through exercise to push it's limits.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

ha1bara

Post by ha1bara » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:17 am

But note that an activated gate can cause damage to the body which can take a very long time to recover from. I would think it much better to strengthen the body by stimulating it with exercise. The more balanced the exercise the better.
*gulp!* (clearing throat)
Does it really cause severe damage if we consume too much ? But technically, if we can open it then we can control it too ? Pls correct me if I'm wrong[/quote]

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:39 am

Yea it can be controlled thats why it is important for one to know their limit so they know where the line falls between strain that stimulates growth and strength, and too much which damages the body.

ha1bara

Post by ha1bara » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks again for this this interesting topic

I have another question : can we activate or open those gates by simply meditating and usual practices, as what we do to open chakras ?

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:27 pm

I Imagine so. What is more likely to open it is the demand for the extra energy. When I was looking for more info on it I found on other sites people saying in reponse to similar questions that they can be activated through focusing and meditating on them much the like the chakras can.
Last edited by Aegeus on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ha1bara

Post by ha1bara » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:18 am

cool! Thanks again (many, many :)) for sharing this great info. This is really a brand nnew, yet interesting knowledge for me.
I cant resist to try this out, but up to now, I think I should hold back temporarily since my chakra level is still pretty low and unstable. I need to practice and iincrease more volume :D

I'm always exhausted easily when I mold brow chakra (I guess it's pretty much consumptive). So I guess I will keep focusing on my current practice before jumping ahead. Thanks again. This is really a piece of precious info Aegeus. I will try this out once I feel sufficient energy within me :)

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:30 am

I have observed people that focused on having lots of energy moving through there body but did not build up the body slowly to be able handle it and they essentially blew circuits. Which once done can be very hard to repair. Be sure to build up the body slowly to be able to handle the energy.

A while ago I was backpacking carrying half my body weight on my back and expending a lot more energy then anything close to what I had built up to. I still have a slight pain between my sternum and solar plexus. Aproximatley where the limit gate is in that diagram. So I guess I tapped into that gate to have the energy to keep up with the guy I was learning yoga from and am still recovering.

Return to “Chakra”