Chakras....Exact Location

Know your chakras, and learn more about chakra healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sachit

Chakras....Exact Location

Post by Sachit » Thu May 01, 2008 7:50 am

Hi there!

I would like to know the exact location of the 7 chakras...as i find there are several confusing locations mentioned, for example, the Manipura Chakra...some say it is located in the navel and some mention some inches below the navel.. the same with the Mooladhara chakra the Swadhistana Chakra and the Anahat chakra

Sachit
Sachit

dhav

Post by dhav » Thu May 01, 2008 11:30 am

After relaxing yourself and if you meditate concentrate on the line when all the seven chakras should be found.Then from your feet have a white light from the earth entering you let it scan you.Let the ball of light move up along the line.Where you sense the most tingling(each one can have a different sensation) the chakra is found there.Do it until you reach till the crown and you located all your chakra position.

dhav

p.s let me know if you were successful.

Sachit

Thank you!

Post by Sachit » Fri May 02, 2008 3:12 am

Will keep you posted,dhav!
Sachit

darkchrono777

Post by darkchrono777 » Sat May 31, 2008 12:22 am

it is located in the navel

i read it in a book
RAYY

Sachit

Chakra location

Post by Sachit » Sat May 31, 2008 4:38 am

Thank you, Dark!
Sachit

TuomasT

Post by TuomasT » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:00 pm

Here is something about chakras, that I've learned. My background is in "mind yoga", a simplified yoga system which is based on the core principles of yoga science. There are lots of different places for chakras and descriptions of what they do and stand for, depending on what system you use. The system I've learned and use is based on the concept: how to make it easier for others to learn how to "place thought" and to observe how others "place thought" in their bodies." I just want to mention that basically only simple is practical and works in real life (atleast in my experience).    

From the top down:
Desire (the area above your head)
Existance (the area of the top of your head)
Life (the area above your eyebrows)
Nourishment (the area of your throat)
Heart (the area of your chest)
Power (the area of your kidneys. The area between sternum and navel also)
Sex (the area of your genitals)
Body (the area of your bottom and coccyx)

When you place thought into these areas you signal to others (and experience the emotion) what these areas are named for.  

I've spent relatively much time to explore waking up these chakras and based on this exploration experience the above "chakra map" is very useful and practical.
"If you let God's Heart beat in union with your heart you will truly behold the Love of God"

Sachit

Thank you!

Post by Sachit » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:50 am

Thank you, Toumas!
This does give me a general idea on the locations...

Regards
Sachit
Sachit

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:56 am

I have a friend who used to be a Dr. She said that when she would do surgery, there were little spaces in the body where nothing was.  The heart was the one she talked about the most.
Next to the heart is an open space.
When people have heart transplants, that space is often filled with the different heart.
She said that to her experience, people who had that space filled didn't always survive well.
She swore up and down that the space is the heart chakra.  
She said some other Dr.'s who had read about the chakra system agreed. She also said most would not talk about it.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Sachit

Thank you!

Post by Sachit » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:03 am

Thank you, Tourbi!
That was very informative!

Warm Regards
Sachit
Sachit

TuomasT

Re: Thank you!

Post by TuomasT » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Sachit wrote:Thank you, Toumas!

Regards
Sachit
In my experience the general idea of the locations is actually enough. I would like to add to my previous post that the basic chakras are closely related to the glands of the body. When you activate a chakra it activates the gland too. For example stimulation of heart chakra stimulates the thymus gland. Stimulating the thymys gland is very beneficial for health.
Stimulating the life center (forehead/the area front of the top of the forehead) stimulates the pituitary and pineal glands. The pituitary is the master gland of life. If you learn to activate these two chakras at once (heart and life) the rest of the chakras will become activated too. I've noticed that it's a short cut to waking up the chakras.

If you meditate my avatar pic (the sun) it will give you an experience how it feels when the life and heart centers wake up.
Last edited by TuomasT on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TuomasT

Post by TuomasT » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:26 pm

tourbi wrote:I have a friend who used to be a Dr. She said that when she would do surgery, there were little spaces in the body where nothing was.  The heart was the one she talked about the most.
Next to the heart is an open space.
When people have heart transplants, that space is often filled with the different heart.
She said that to her experience, people who had that space filled didn't always survive well.
She swore up and down that the space is the heart chakra.  
She said some other Dr.'s who had read about the chakra system agreed. She also said most would not talk about it.
Thank you for an interesting piece of information.
"If you let God's Heart beat in union with your heart you will truly behold the Love of God"

ha1bara

Post by ha1bara » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi sorry to bring up this old articles, since I found it is interesting to share

I have just started opening my chakras a while ago. Priorly, I had read many articles and books about various techniques and tips to open it. Mostly were recommended opening it by yoga excercises. But later I found a simpler method of meditation. It is very plain one, I can say. I just basically sit down in a quiet place with my legs crossed (in a normal way, not lotus one), close both my eyes and take deep breath while focusing on the area of chakra.

So far I feel my energy is increasing. I also feel some tingling part in the area of chakras I focus on.  But my question is can this really simple meditation method work ? Since only 1 book taught me this, while others were giving more advanced (and difficult) methods.

thank tou

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:49 am

You can't take a short cut and get the same result as making true effort. The principal behind the benefit of yoga practice in growth and evolution is that by strengthening and developing the body the level of energy that can flow through the body is increased. The chakra energy is greatly effected by the bodies ability to handle the energy moving through it.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

Aegeus

Re: Thank you!

Post by Aegeus » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:46 pm

TuomasT wrote:
Sachit wrote:Thank you, Toumas!

Regards
Sachit
In my experience the general idea of the locations is actually enough. I would like to add to my previous post that the basic chakras are closely related to the glands of the body. When you activate a chakra it activates the gland too. For example stimulation of heart chakra stimulates the thymus gland. Stimulating the thymys gland is very beneficial for health.
Stimulating the life center (forehead/the area front of the top of the forehead) stimulates the pituitary and pineal glands. The pituitary is the master gland of life. If you learn to activate these two chakras at once (heart and life) the rest of the chakras will become activated too. I've noticed that it's a short cut to waking up the chakras.
I was reading that the heart chakra balances the physical lower chakras with the spiritual higher chakras. Part of this balancing couyld be activating the lower and higher chakras to balance out what ones that are already active.

So that could be part of the third eye and heart chakra being active serving to activate the rest of the chakras or at least the ones needed for balance.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

Return to “Chakra”