Self Healing

Know your chakras, and learn more about chakra healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Self Healing

Post by swetha » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:07 pm

hello,
Can u teach us some self healing techniques? what needs to b done and can everyone do it?

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:15 pm

To do self-healing you can learn Reiki at Level I, for example. There are many books on self-healing, I used this book for many years before learning Reiki: "Chi Self-Massage: The Taoist Way of Rejuvenation" by Mantak Chia. It's pretty good and the exercises are easy. Five or six years ago, I taught my aunts some of the techniques described there. Still doing them! :)
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:18 pm

Forgot to add that reflexology is also pretty useful. There are basic foot and hands maps for self-massage in the Tao book. That's really helpful and it really works! :)

Gem

Re: Self Healing

Post by Gem » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:56 pm

swetha wrote:hello,
Can u teach us some self healing techniques? what needs to b done and can everyone do it?
My personal view is that everyone can self-heal.

We all have the ability to channel energy and that energy is free and is called many different things in different cultures. Probably the most well-known is Reiki  rei = universal ki = energy, but there are many other words  such as Prana, Chi, Sekhem, Ki,

Think of when a child falls over and grazes their knee, their first instinct is to hold it tight with their hands and rock. The hands contain powerful energy centres in the palms or secondary chakras, personally I think these are among the strongest and should be THE main ones taught.

Ok so where are we?

Lets try and create an energy ball, see if we can all 'feel' this energy?

There doesn't need to be any ritual or preparation but making your surroundings conducive to peace and energy work by playing soft music, candles, incense etc can help to get in the mood and allows us to be in the correct frame of mind to contact our inner self.

Start by rubbing your palms together until you can feel some heat being generated, then slowly move them away from each other until they are about a foot apart. Think about what you are doing, what you feel, how you feel, what your hands are feeling like. Then slowly move your hands back toward each other and see if you can feel any air resistance, any slight barrier or ripples, perhaps a tingling or buzzing. Don't worry if you feel nothing, just try again.

With practice you will be able to feel a very slight difference and a slight change in pressure, this might occur with your palms 6 inches away or 1 or 2 inches apart. Then bounce the energy and see if you can condense it, try pushing it into a ball and see if it grows or feels more solid, This is forming an energy ball and you can then do lots of differnt things with this energy, from self healing to placing it on another or even sending it distantly.

Try this a few times and lets see what happens, then we can perhaps do more?

gauloise82

Post by gauloise82 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:30 pm

It is already intended to speak about this famous ball of energy. Isn't this dangerous? Philippe

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:28 pm

Hi Phillipe,

No the ball of energy isn't dangerous, although it can be frightening sometimes if it happens and you aren't ready to understand it.  Its natural energy but all we have done is stored it up so we can feel it more :) and make it more noticable.

gauloise82

Post by gauloise82 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:36 pm

Ok, thank you for this information
philippe

Arrow

Post by Arrow » Mon May 21, 2007 4:28 pm

what do you do after you have the ball? you just put it on where you want to heal?

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon May 21, 2007 5:15 pm

Hi Arrow, Welcome to Mystic Board.

The energy ball can be played with and can be sucked back up into your palms and back into your own energy system and provide a quick boost when you want to stop or you can visualise sending the ball of energy up into the air so that it can travel to someone that needs it.

tengypsies

Self Healing, Color Therapy

Post by tengypsies » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:57 am

I have leukemia and wanted to know what I could do to improve my health.  I am new to this and need help.  Many thanks.

Brightest Blessings,

Gypsy
Merry Meet!  Blessed Be!  Namaste!

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:43 pm

Hi Gypsy, I have suggested some crystals in another post, its nice to see you here too :)

Do you have any knowledge of reiki or distance healing?

tengypsies

Chakra meditation

Post by tengypsies » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:31 pm

Thank you Gem for corresponding so fast.  I don't have any experience in this but was thinking of taking reiki classes.  I'm just a little nervous about channelling energy.  Wasn't sure if it could be harmful.  Reiki is an area that I would love to work in.  Thanks for your help.

Brightest Blessings,

Gypsy :smt006
Merry Meet!  Blessed Be!  Namaste!

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:17 pm

Reiki would be a great idea, although I would be personally be much happier if you were taking a class one to one, so that the master teaching you could ensure you were totally comfortable all the while. Learning level one is all about self healing and using energy to help the body to heal itself, and that would be the level that I would suggest you spend time at, so that all your enegy would be spent getting you better before going onto further levels that would encompass sending reiki to others :) One thing to remember about reiki or any other energy therapy is that 'healing' does not always mean 'cured'. The two things are different.

Have you tried the energy ball exercise? How did you get on?

erkn49

Self Healing

Post by erkn49 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:09 am

There are many self healing techniques. I came across this one about two months ago and I find it very simple to use and effective. No medication is involved and it's free.

It involves focusing on the health problem and lightly tapping a few points of our body in sequence. It helps to heal by removing blockages in our energy system. Anyone above the age of 8 can do it.

The technique is called EFT. We can download the whole instruction from http://www.emofree/downloadeftmanual.asp.

Try EFT and see how it works, even if you don't believe in it.
Kuangngang

Return to “Chakra”