what does it mean

Know more about Runes, how to read them and interpret their true meanings.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

moondancer86

what does it mean

Post by moondancer86 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:34 am

say you cast your runes....what if they land sideways instead of up and down....or even what if they lay diagonally? what is the interpretation of that? would you read that or just the ones upside down or upside right?

EarlofLeicester

Re: what does it mean

Post by EarlofLeicester » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:06 pm

moondancer86 wrote:say you cast your runes....what if they land sideways instead of up and down....or even what if they lay diagonally? what is the interpretation of that? would you read that or just the ones upside down or upside right?
I have been following the techniques that has one been casting them be selecting them from an upside down pile, so turning them upright is part of the process.  Not every rune is, of course, perfectly parallel with the notion of upright, so I move the diagonal to the closest upright position.  Does that make sense?  I do it with my eyes closed, anyway, so I trust in a guiding force more than my own effort, anyway.

MoonGoddess

What does it mean

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:33 am

I read some where about this but I can't remember what it said but I believe Earl is dead on with close you eyes and trust your instinct this is what I do.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:32 pm

Without trust, use of the runes is probably pointless. Relax and let the runes whisper to you, I believe.  It's hard to hear their message when your anxious or whatever.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:21 am

Starting with runes its easier to pick one straight from a bag or pouch or box, dig your hand deep inside and feel for the rune that takes your liking then use that in your reading and carry on for 2 3 or 4 runes, that way its easier to read and you get the whole experience of choosing intuitively.

Return to “Runes”