it scares the hell out of me

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

tristakc

it scares the hell out of me

Post by tristakc » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:07 am

I have never exactly meditated before.. but i have zoned out..unless that is what meditation is..i dont know, but anyways.... i need to explain my story..

i have always been most relaxed and at peace when i am in or around water. and so i like to take baths once in a while to relax. well i can easly slip into a "trance" like feeling, where my eyes will be open and my vision competely blurrs out, my breathing feels deep and heavy but yet my body will feel extremly light and "floaty" when this happens i scare the hell out of myself, get up and shake it off. the only way i can describe why it scares me is because it feels like what "dying" might feel like. and i KNOW just lying their like that isnt going to kill me thats what it feels like, and so i dont stay in this trance for very long for fear of what will happen to me. not only that but its not a good thing for me to be doing this in the bathtub either.
i dont really have a question here i just thought id share and if anyone has anything to comment on or share back with me, that would be nice too.

Barbaras Ahajustsde

Sounds nice to me!

Post by Barbaras Ahajustsde » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:15 pm

I'm at the point with my meditation that I can get into the "zone" quickly, but that floaty feeling would be welcomed!  If you can muster up the moxie, why not go with it?  You might even find you astro travel and that's even better!

The only way to know, is to face that fear!  When you do, post me and let me know how it goes!

Barbara
I'm BACK! :o)

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:52 pm

Unless the astral travel takes you to a place you know not where and unless your body lay in wait for another and you know not how.
awarenessoftheheart.com

Barbaras Ahajustsde

Post by Barbaras Ahajustsde » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Looking Glass,

Thats kinda mysterious! ;)  
I've never had my body lay in wait for someone, so I know not this. :o)
As far as a place I know not, I've seen some places I just flat out "no not" and enjoyed it! :o) ;o)

Barbara
I'm BACK! :o)

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”