Question about something I saw during meditation

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

johnswifey86

Question about something I saw during meditation

Post by johnswifey86 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:13 am

I meditated today and just want confirmation (or maybe another idea) as to my theory on the meaning of what I saw. After I did my relaxtion techniques, I focused on connecting w/ myself. I visualized connection by visualizing myself as solid and my "spirit self" as being misty. I visualized both halves of myself connecting by walking into one another. Then I started to focus on going inward. All of sudden this vision popped into my head. I was looking in one direction and noticed someone trying to feed me out of the corner of my eye. I turned to see who it was and it was just a light form. Every movement I made the lightform made. So I wondered if maybe that light form was just my idea of my "spirit self". The weird thing is that this vision was unintentional...almost like a dream. But I wasn't asleep. I also have rising and/or sinking feelings during meditation. Does anyone know why? Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out in advising me.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:14 pm

We have identified states of conscious - we go through 4 of them when we go to sleep.  We also have many states in between when we use our consciousness to quiet our outer body to attune to our inner spirit.  

I think your visualizations were a good place to visualize your attunement with your own spirit.  One thing that may have caused rising or sinking feelings was a concentration on the visual rather than a flow of your energy through your whole being - body, mind and spirit.  When you flow you allow the spirit to express and release so many things from your inner being.  Rising and sinking may just be releasing.

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”